Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Evan McPherson, Franchise Record Holder
Evan McPherson now holds the following Bengals franchise records after just 14 games as a Bengal:
Longest FG - 58 yards
Most 50+ yard FGs made as a Bengal - 9 (and counting)

For the first record, McPherson passes Randy Bullock, who kicked a 57-yarder against the Dolphins in 2019.

For the second record, he passed the following Bengals:
Muhlmann - 8
Pelfrey - 8
Nugent - 8
Graham - 7
Bullock - 7
Breech - 6

The 2nd record is especially impressive, as all of the above guys kicked for the Bengals for 4+ years each.
Keep an eye on his FG%, as he's currently sitting at 2nd behind only Shayne Graham for Bengals kickers who have 25+ attempts with the club.
Graham ended his Bengal career at 86.8%
At the time of posting this, McPherson is 3/3 today, putting him at 24 made against 28 attempted - 85.7%
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Our kicker is finally a weapon.........50 yarder ???? No problem
Reply/Quote
One of the best picks we’ve made in recent history.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 10:20 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: One of the best picks we’ve made in recent history.

Totally. Pick 149 in the 5th round and paying off huge for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Hard not to like this kid.

To put it in perspective Evan has made 9 FG's of 50+ yds in 14 games

While Randy Bullock has made just 13 FG's of 50+ yds in almost 9 seasons and missing exactly half of his attempts going 13-26 on long distance calls.

Dude is definitely a weapon for the Bengals

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We would probably be 4-10 if fat randy was our kicker
Reply/Quote
I know, he is awesome so far. Its really not the record you want for one season though since it means the offense is sputtering. But Im sure glad he kicks for us
Reply/Quote
His reaction is the best. :D

What a difference a week makes. ST from the doghouse to setting records.

Reply/Quote
Jake Elliot has a 61 yarder.......just saying
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Justin who ?
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 10:20 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: One of the best picks we’ve made in recent history.

I admit, when watching the draft and they picked a kicker in the 5th, I yelled at the tv like ZT and this organization pulled off the dumbest pick. Many people corrected me here and now I know why. Excellent pick.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jake Elliot has a 61 yarder.......just saying

So do I. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I admit, when watching the draft and they picked a kicker in the 5th, I yelled at the tv like ZT and this organization pulled off the dumbest pick. Many people corrected me here and now I know why. Excellent pick.

I mean it's understandable, a lot of teams don't draft kickers and punters yet alone in round 5. That said, it's cool they knew what they wanted and took him. I respect they were intentional about getting him.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 10:33 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hard not to like this kid.

To put it in perspective Evan has made 9 FG's of 50+ yds in 14 games

While Randy Bullock has made just 13 FG's of 50+ yds in almost 9 seasons and missing exactly half of his attempts going 13-26 on long distance calls.

Dude is definitely a weapon for the Bengals

...and Bullock's stats are pretty typical. It's not like he was terrible. They're typically very low % kicks. Evan is just that good.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and Bullock's stats are pretty typical. It's not like he was terrible. They're typically very low % kicks. Evan is just that good.

Actually their overall %'s were very close before todays game. Except one tries longer FG's with much more accuracy and more frequently. 

But agree, Evan is just that freakin good and still believe the Bengals lose game if its Randy kicking today.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:26 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Actually their overall %'s were very close before todays game. Except one tries longer FG's with much more accuracy and more frequently. 

But agree, Evan is just that freakin good and still believe the Bengals lose game if its Randy kicking today.  

For sure. Randy was an average kicker while Evan is an actual weapon.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I feel more comfortable when Evan is kicking from 50+, than I do from under 40..
Reply/Quote
Justin Tucker has to have noticed the challenger arriving under his nose within the division. Obviously Evan isn’t there yet if ever, but 9/10 from 50+ (only miss 57) is NUTS.
Reply/Quote

Yep, but the team caught shit for drafting him at all. Especially the coaching staff. Sure don't see many of those posters on this thread..... Hmm

Well, except for Harley.... Rock On

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:49 AM)Tony Wrote: I feel more comfortable when Evan is kicking from 50+, than I do from under 40..

Ya know, me too. Pretty crazy that most of misses are short (for him) and XPs.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote