Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Evan McPherson, Franchise Record Holder
(12-20-2021, 12:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's worth also mentioning that McPherson has the most 50+ FGs attempted and made this year among the entire league.

He also has the most by a rookie since Blair Walsh almost a decade ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 08:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Evan McPherson now holds the following Bengals franchise records after just 14 games as a Bengal:
Longest FG - 58 yards
Most 50+ yard FGs made as a Bengal - 9 (and counting)

For the first record, McPherson passes Randy Bullock, who kicked a 57-yarder against the Dolphins in 2019.

For the second record, he passed the following Bengals:
Muhlmann - 8
Pelfrey - 8
Nugent - 8
Graham - 7
Bullock - 7
Breech - 6

The 2nd record is especially impressive, as all of the above guys kicked for the Bengals for 4+ years each.
Keep an eye on his FG%, as he's currently sitting at 2nd behind only Shayne Graham for Bengals kickers who have 25+ attempts with the club.
Graham ended his Bengal career at 86.8%
At the time of posting this, McPherson is 3/3 today, putting him at 24 made against 28 attempted - 85.7%

Sweet. Dude is legit, just stay focused Evan, he could be one of the best ever honestly. Reminds me of Justin Tucker.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For sure. Randy was an average kicker while Evan is an actual weapon.

Jay Morrison had stats about Randy that I always found interesting. His percentages for kicks in the 1st-3rd quarters was pretty decent. However, his 4th quarter stats were bad. He basically wasn't a clutch kicker. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:45 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Jay Morrison had stats about Randy that I always found interesting. His percentages for kicks in the 1st-3rd quarters was pretty decent. However, his 4th quarter stats were bad. He basically wasn't a clutch kicker. 

Poor conditioning. He was usually winded by then… Ninja

Btw he needs to get rid of the Hitler stache.

[Image: t2FNOXk_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&...ity=medium]

Reply/Quote
Haha…sorta funny with Mike Nugent being on this list….poor jets fans
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 03:07 PM)basballguy Wrote: Haha…sorta funny with Mike Nugent being on this list….poor jets fans

It's worth noting that Nugent actually has 13 50+ yard FGs made, but only 8 with the Bengals.
No one should ever spend more than a Day 3 pick on a STer though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Id settle for fewer 50 yard attempts and more touchdowns...but thats me!
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 06:31 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Id settle for fewer 50 yard attempts and more touchdowns...but thats me!

Think that is everybody man.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:18 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think it can't go understated how smart of a pick he was in the 5th round. I appreciate Duke and the team didn't wait to see if a kicker was available as UDFA, but rather targeted their guy and made the pick. As Huber inches closer to his career ending, I'd also be okay if the Bengals use a 5th to 7th round pick on drafting a replacement punter. The special teams game shouldn't be overlooked.

I'm thinking it'll probably be Drew Chrisman since he's been on the PS, off the PS, on the PS, off, and back on.. They must have said, "Hang in there kid. We'll turn you into a multi-million dollar punter someday.. Just don't sign with another team in the meantime.."
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 08:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm thinking it'll probably be Drew Chrisman since he's been on the PS, off the PS, on the PS, off, and back on.. They must have said, "Hang in there kid. We'll turn you into a multi-million dollar punter someday.. Just don't sign with another team in the meantime.."

Right after I made the post, I saw he was back on the practice squad, so I'd say you're onto something.
Reply/Quote