Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evan McPherson is in the dog house
Simmons was not happy with the photo of Evan sitting on the bench watching halftime during the Super Bowl “That’s a sore subject,” he said. “That’s a real sore subject.” Clark Harris also watched the show but was smart enough not to get caught on camera doing so.

Simmons also mentioned he wants Evan to improve the finesse and consistency of his kickoffs. He has a lot of "tools in his toolbelt" they just have to continue developing all of them. Additionally, he wants Evan to improve his practices...not that he is bad...just elevate them a notch.

And of course, next season could include adjusting to a new holder as well depending on what happens to Huber

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
McPherson carried the Bengals offense in the postseason to the Super Bowl. The whole halftime thing seems like being upset because he feels he should be upset rather than there being an actual issue.

I'm more upset that Simmons wasted two thirds of a season with some of the most inept and incompetent returners I have ever seen before he finally put someone who can actually return a freaking kick or punt back there. Talk about a real sore subject. Don't worry about if you remembered to close the toilet seat while your house is on fire.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I totally understand Simmons point. Can’t make critical half time adjustments to kick offs and field goals like, “Evan, kick the ball farther and straighter” when your kicker is watching Snoop Dogg.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 12:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I totally understand Simmons point. Can’t make critical half time adjustments to kick offs and field goals like, “Evan, kick the ball farther and straighter” when your kicker is watching Snoop Dogg.

"Evan, your 100% on FG and PATs are pretty good this postseason, but we're going to need you to give 110%."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Evan should've been in the locker room...because that's where his team was. Having said that, I'm not sure why Simmons addressed it publicly with anything other than 'no comment'.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 01:59 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Evan should've been in the locker room...because that's where his team was. Having said that, I'm not sure why Simmons addressed it publicly with anything other than 'no comment'.

I wonder what Brian “kickers aren’t football players” Billick thinks?

Yes, we all know this. But, it’s kinda like when my wife was in labor and I was there in the room supporting her because it is expected of us, but she’s the one doing all the heavy lifting, and I’m trying not to get in other’s way, and she looked me dead in the eyes and said through clenched teeth and with a death grip on my arm, “Get away from me. Your pheromones are making me sick.”

If she had a sharp object I think she might have stabbed me in the neck with it.

Made a t-shirt about on Custom Ink for less than $30.

“Get away from me. Your pheromones are making me sick.”

She hates that t-shirt almost as much as my pheromones, apparently.

With all that pain she could think of “pheromones.” God, I love that woman.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 01:40 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: "Evan, your 100% on FG and PATs are pretty good this postseason, but we're going to need you to give 110%."

I would bet Evan was just out there getting hyped for the 2nd half. O line should have been out there doing the same.

During the 1950s, did they even allow kickers in the locker room?

I blame millennials with their “kickers are people, too” PC BS. Now, poor ol’ Evan can’t even watch Snoop Dogg without being criticized.

I don’t see Joe Burrow being criticized for promoting smoking or Yosemite Sam for promoting gun violence. But, watch a rap medley . . . Ah, snap! Ya done did it now.
Reply/Quote
Very poor. That’s not what he is paid to do.
Reply/Quote
This is a nothing burger. I have 99 problems but Evan McPherson isn’t one if them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fire Simmons. Evan is more important than him now
Reply/Quote
Imagine thinking that the guy who got you to the SB was a sore subject. No one can present an argument where him watching the halftime show took a toll on our teams performance. I'm sorry, but this is an overreaction.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Why the **** are we still talking about this? Shut up, Simmons.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
They ain't gonna do shit about it.
Reply/Quote
If I'm a coach picking my battles with players to air publicly, I'm not going after my young kicker who drills 50+ FGs and helped carry the team to the Super Bowl. This is one area Simmons should have kept between him and the player.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 09:18 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is a nothing burger.  I have 99 problems but Evan McPherson isn’t one if them.

(03-04-2022, 10:52 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If I'm a coach picking my battles with players to air publicly, I'm not going after my young kicker who drills 50+ FGs and helped carry the team to the Super Bowl. This is one area Simmons should have kept between him and the player.

Yep

There's just no good reason to make this an issue. Should have been kept in house.
Reply/Quote
Old guy is trying to make sure the young guy keeps his head on straight. That IS part of Simmons job. Don't think it needed to be addressed publicly though.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 11:03 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

There's just no good reason to make this an issue. Should have been kept in house.

Worst case scenario: Evan files the Simmon's comment away in the memory banks, leaves the Bengals in FA, kicks the game winner as a member of the 49'ers to beat us in a future Super Bowl.  Cry
Reply/Quote
Simmons did nothing wrong here. He was asked about it and gave a genetic answer to let it be known he was not pleased. Evan needed to be wherever his coaches wanted him to be. He wasn't there as a spectator.

IF it had came down to a least second FG and Evan went all Green Bay; we'd be getting roasted for this and I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest some around here calling it "nothing" would use it as "Zac lost the locker room".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 11:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Simmons did nothing wrong here. He was asked about it and gave a genetic answer to let it be known he was not pleased. Evan needed to be wherever his coaches wanted him to be. He wasn't there as a spectator.

IF it had came down to a least second FG and Evan went all Green Bay; we'd be getting roasted for this and I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest some around here calling it "nothing" would use it as "Zac lost the locker room".

Right. It’s in Simmons’ DNA.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 11:06 AM)Stewy Wrote: Old guy is trying to make sure the young guy keeps his head on straight. That IS part of Simmons job. Don't think it needed to be addressed publicly though.

Gotta nip in the bud. Otherwise, the long snapper and the holder will be out there next year watching the Super Bowl halftime show.
Reply/Quote