Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even with signing minter, you take foster
Really think you still draft foster. The talent this kids has, you can't pass it up. The kid is a monster. Hopefully Marvin's love of line backers let's him see the talent this kid has. Thinking about him and vontaze running the defense is downright scary.

Anyone other than foster at 9 is a waste. If you don't want him, at least trade back
Reply/Quote
Well, I guess it's settled, then
Reply/Quote
People throw around "trade back" like it's that simple. More teams fans want their teams to trade back than trade forward.

But you're right the Minter signing should have NO affect on drafting Foster. You don't not draft a guy just because you signed an average starter to a 1 year deal.

I don't THINK Foster will be the pick, but i think it would be a good pick.
Reply/Quote
True that signing Minter shouldn't have much affect on drafting Foster and i would be for it.

I like Foster, i really do, but saying any other pick would be a waste is stupid. We need a pass rusher, RB, Center all more than LB.

Plus as much as Marv "loves linebackers" he has only drafted one in the first and he was pretty much a bust.
Reply/Quote
No thank you. I'd take Barnett over Foster and I'm not all that crazy about him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 03:04 PM)McC Wrote: No thank you.  I'd take Barnett over Foster and I'm not all that crazy about him.

You'd take arguably the third or 4th best DE over the top LB in the draft?

Minter is signed for 1 yr., and LB has been the weak spot on the Bengals  for many seasons now. Its always been some aging veteran, or UFA that they try to fill the LB corps with. Its about time they addressed it in the draft. Foster can rotate and learn from Minter and Burfict for a year. He then gives us leverage next season when Minter's (and Burfict's) contracts are up.

Foster is the BPA if Thomas is gone.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 03:12 PM)Beaker Wrote: You'd take arguably the third or 4th best DE over the top LB in the draft?

Minter is signed for 1 yr., and LB has been the weak spot on the Bengals  for many seasons now. Its always been some aging veteran, or UFA that they try to fill the LB corps with. Its about time they addressed it in the draft. Foster can rotate and learn from Minter and Burfict for a year. He then gives us leverage next season when Minter's (and Burfict's) contracts are up.

Foster is the BPA if Thomas is gone.

I don't think he is the best LB.  He has a shoulder issue, he leads with his head and he weighs 225.  Pass.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 03:18 PM)McC Wrote: I don't think he is the best LB.  He has a shoulder issue, he leads with his head and he weighs 225.  Pass.

Foster weighs 225? Nervous
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 03:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Foster weighs 225? Nervous

My bad.  245.  But I stand by all the rest and no way is he worth a pick that high.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 03:28 PM)McC Wrote: My bad.  245.  But I stand by all the rest and no way is he worth a pick that high.

Thought so, i wouldn't be mad at the pick but i like Hassan Reddick and Zach Cunningham better honestly.

Both can cover and Reddick can rush the passer. I just don't like how Foster lowers his head all the time when making tackles.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 03:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Foster weighs 225? Nervous

He weighed in at 229 at the combine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 04:00 PM)Whatever Wrote: He weighed in at 229 at the combine.

Geez, that is a small Linebacker.

How exactly is this guy going to install so much fear at 229? Shit, Burfict had like 40 pounds on him last year lol
Reply/Quote
It could be scary good or scary bad at times. He hits you like you're not there and so does Burfict. I could see Godell slamming them with suspensions and fines every game. We would easily have the best LB corp in the NFL, with that being said I would be super excited to see us take him at #9, but also a little nervous. I have no doubts about the guys play.
Reply/Quote
He ran around freely in the middle of the most talented defense in college. Not a pass rusher. Injury issues. No take aways. Had one reason (medicals) to be at a job interview to be a millionaire and he acted a fool. And supposedly has issues with learning a playbook.

I didnt want him before Minter. Definitely dont want him after. Maybe if he falls to the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
hell i would take reddick cunninghaam and mcmillan before i take foster at 9.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 08:14 PM)Jpoore Wrote: hell i would take reddick cunninghaam and mcmillan before i take foster at 9.

Some would...but I would not be mad if we took Reddick at 9.
Reply/Quote

He weighed in at 229 lbs at the combine, I believe.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 10:43 PM)pulses Wrote: Some would...but I would not be mad if we took Reddick at 9.

Lol you guys are nuts with this Reddick talk. Nobody...and I mean nobody would have considered Reddick at 9 when the season was over. This guy was a 3rd round pick before the combine at best. Every year a handful of guys get way over drafted because of their combine numbers rather than their play. Reddick would be the worse pick possible at 9.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 06:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Lol you guys are nuts with this Reddick talk. Nobody...and I mean nobody would have considered Reddick at 9 when the season was over. This guy was a 3rd round pick before the combine at best. Every year a handful of guys get way over drafted because of their combine numbers rather than their play. Reddick would be the worse pick possible at 9.

I usually agree with you but you are nutz here Tkuhl.

Reddick is way more athletic than Foster, can rush the passer, is bigger, is a good tackler and has been tested as
the best Defensive player on his team. If i take an Alabama player i take the best, Johnathan Allen.

Reddick has great athleticism and can cover. He is not a dip shit either like Foster was at the combine.

To say getting the most athletic, pass rushing, coverage Linebacker at 9 is the worse pick possible is insane. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 06:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Lol you guys are nuts with this Reddick talk. Nobody...and I mean nobody would have considered Reddick at 9 when the season was over. This guy was a 3rd round pick before the combine at best. Every year a handful of guys get way over drafted because of their combine numbers rather than their play. Reddick would be the worse pick possible at 9.

I don't necessarily agree with the Reddick pick. I would be disappointed if we drafted him at 9. However, the problem with attributing rises like his to just the combine is that you're neglecting the fact that, at the end of the season, people aren't watching prospect film. They're watching game film.

So you have the Mike Williams and DeShaun Watsons near the top of the draft board.

Then, starting in February, they start watching film of all the players who are draft eligible.

When a player like Reddick does what he did at the combine, you go and find his film and watch it. Because, outside of knowing about him already, no one is going to pay much attention to a linebacker from Temple.

So, the idea of going from a 3rd round pick to a 1st round pick is not a testament to people over drafting him. It's more a situation where his true value was discovered, which was previously not done prior to him catching people's attention at the combine.
Reply/Quote