Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Eventually, the truth always comes out
The FBI has been lying to the American public and attempting to cover up serious wrongs by a member of the POTUS' family, and potentially serious wrongs by the POTUS himself. They have went so far as to manipulate what you see, hear and read about the details of these actions. Some will claim this to just be a politically motivated partisan attack by one party against the other, but is it? Does anyone else feel like the FBI claiming that the Biden laptop was part of a "dump and drop" disinformation campaign by foreign actors, while they knew the laptop and the data within were true and factual had any bearing on the 2020 election? I, for one, am beginning to think so.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fbi-official-testifies-agency-knew-hunter-biden-laptop-was-real/ar-AA1e8ekz?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2d5e3055e9814ad195c8bc200d789721&ei=13

Quote:The same FBI personnel who warned social media companies that the Hunter Biden laptop could be part of a potential Russian "hack and leak" operation ahead of the 2020 election knew that it was not disinformation, an FBI official told the House Judiciary Committee.

Section Chief of the FBI’s Foreign Influence Task Force Laura Dehmlow participated in a transcribed interview before the House Judiciary Committee and its Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government on Monday and revealed details of how the bureau "conditioned" social media companies to believe the Hunter Biden laptop was Russian disinformation, despite knowing it was legitimate.

In a letter to FBI Director Wray on Thursday, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, detailed Dehmlow’s testimony, which revealed that after the initial New York Post story on the Hunter Biden laptop in October 2020, the FBI "made an institutional decision to refuse to answer direct questions from social media companies about the laptop’s authenticity—despite months of constant information sharing up to that time."

"Put simply, after the FBI conditioned social media companies to believe that the laptop was the product of a hack-and-dump operation, the Bureau stopped its information sharing, allowing social media companies to conclude that the New York Post story was Russian disinformation," Jordan wrote.

Fox News Digital has previously reported that the FBI first learned the laptop belonging to Hunter Biden was legitimate in November 2019 and obtained it in December 2019. Investigators knew the laptop "likely contained evidence of tax crimes" that could be useful in the ongoing federal investigation into Hunter Biden, whistleblowers have said.

IRS whistleblowers Gary Shapley and Joseph Ziegler told Congress last month that federal investigators knew in December 2019 that Hunter Biden’s laptop was "not manipulated in any way" and contained "reliable evidence," but were "obstructed" from seeing all available information on it.

"In the nine months leading up to the 2020 election, the FBI met over 30 times with social media platforms—all while in possession of Hunter Biden’s laptop," Jordan wrote to Wray Thursday. "Prior to the election, FBI Special Agent Elvis Chan scheduled, on behalf of FITF, at least five meetings with Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo!, in addition to multiple meetings with Twitter and Reddit."

"Between May and November 2020, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency (CISA) hosted at least nine ‘USG-Industry’ meetings, including four meetings in October 2020 alone," Jordan wrote, adding that representatives from the FBI, including Agent Chan, "routinely participated in these ‘USG-Industry’ meetings.

In one meeting on October 7, 2020—just one week before the New York Post article on the Hunter Biden laptop was published, the agenda "explicitly listed ‘Hack/Leak Concerns’ as an item of discussion."

"The Committee recently conducted a transcribed interview of current FITF Section Chief Laura Dehmlow who testified that, by October 14, 2020—the day the Post published its story on the contents of Hunter Biden’s laptop—the individual then-serving as FITF Section Chief, Bradley Benavides, as well as individuals assigned to FITF’s Russia Unit knew that Hunter Biden’s laptop was real," Jordan wrote. "Dehmlow also testified that the FBI could—and did—share information with companies regarding foreign malign influence operations, like hack-and-leak operations, including those conducted by Russia-aligned actors."

The same day the New York Post story published--Oct. 14, 2020--Dehmlow said FBI representatives "attended a previously scheduled meeting with Twitter, during which a Twitter employee asked the FITF about the authenticity of laptop."

"According to Section Chief Dehmlow’s testimony, an analyst in the FBI’s Criminal Investigative Division embedded in FITF began to respond that the laptop was real, when an FBI lawyer interrupted to say that the FBI had 'no further comment, regarding the laptop’s provenance," Jordan wrote.

After that meeting with Twitter, FBI personnel "immediately deliberated internally about what information about the laptop the FBI would reveal to social media companies when asked in upcoming meetings."

"According to Dehmlow, during these internal deliberations the decision was made that FITF would say ‘no comment’ going forward," Jordan wrote. "However, on the instruction of FBI counsel during the transcribed interview, Dehmlow refused to answer which FBI official made the decision that FITF would say ‘no comment’ going forward, except to state that it ‘was not [her] decision. It wasn’t [her] final call.’"

Jordan said Dehmlow said the FBI also told Facebook "no comment" in a later meeting, despite the FBI being "in possession of the laptop and having confirmed its authenticity."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think it's possible.

Sidenote, even if it is so, I do not think that voting republican would be a viable fix.
Reply/Quote
Hunter Biden should be in jail most likely.
The FBI should not cover up for anyone.
Jim Jordan is one of the biggest pieces of shyt known to humanity, so take anything he does with a low level of credibility.
I'm a conservative and until the MAGA movement is dead, I'm not voting for Republicans.

Finally - there's not one shred of evidence of wrongdoing by Joe Biden. There is nothing but allusion and speculation. As a matter of fact, when sources have come out, even non-credible ones, they do not name him. Therefore aside from the FBI needing some knuckle smacks, and Hunter Biden needing to be brought to justice for any illegal acts, this is a nothing burger to me.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 10:20 AM)Stewy Wrote: Hunter Biden should be in jail most likely.
Jim Jordan is one of the biggest pieces of shyt known to humanity, so take anything he does with a low level of credibility.
I'm a conservative and until the MAGA movement is dead, I'm not voting for Republicans.

Finally - there's not one shred of evidence of wrongdoing by Joe Biden.  There is nothing but allusion and speculation.  As a matter of fact, when sources have come out, even non-credible ones, they do not name him.  Therefore aside from the FBI needing some knuckle smacks, and Hunter Biden needing to be brought to justice for any illegal acts, this is a nothing burger to me.

I got to meet JJ once during a logistics business open house. He was there to listen and address concerns within the trucking industry. Seemed like a good guy to me. Very polite and professional, was not in a hurry, and seemed genuine. I say this because I feel most people only see the bits and pieces the media wants you to see. 

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 10:20 AM)Stewy Wrote: Hunter Biden should be in jail most likely.

Finally - there's not one shred of evidence of wrongdoing by Joe Biden.  There is nothing but allusion and speculation.  As a matter of fact, when sources have come out, even non-credible ones, they do not name him.  Therefore aside from the FBI needing some knuckle smacks, and Hunter Biden needing to be brought to justice for any illegal acts, this is a nothing burger to me.

Unless they were hiding it to protect Joe in the election.  That's not necessarily Joe's fault, but that is a real problem if the FBI took it upon themselves to do that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 10:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Unless they were hiding it to protect Joe in the election.  That's not necessarily Joe's fault, but that is a real problem if the FBI took it upon themselves to do that.

If they were, who told them to do it? That's the big question. Who's behind it?

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 10:44 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: If they were, who told them to do it? That's the big question. Who's behind it?

The same ones who allowed endless investigations over a phony Steele Dossier, when they knew it was crap, but allowed FISA warrants anyway.  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 10:40 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I got to meet JJ once during a logistics business open house. He was there to listen and address concerns within the trucking industry. Seemed like a good guy to me. Very polite and professional, was not in a hurry, and seemed genuine. I say this because I feel most people only see the bits and pieces the media wants you to see. 

Did you ask him why he covered for the doctor that was sexually abusing all of those wrestlers?  I hear he likes to watch.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 10:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The same ones who allowed endless investigations over a phony Steele Dossier, when they knew it was crap, but allowed FISA warrants anyway.  Mellow

At this point I see a problem. Those same people kept this investigation into the Trump campaign secret while at the same time publicly announcing an investigation into Hillary just prior to the 2016 election. Which hurt her badly. If these people were so partisan and anti-Trump, why would this have happened. This makes no sense to me.

Not to mention that said endless investigations led to multiple convictions and weren't all that sham. I feel that's worth mentioning.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 10:40 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I got to meet JJ once during a logistics business open house. He was there to listen and address concerns within the trucking industry. Seemed like a good guy to me. Very polite and professional, was not in a hurry, and seemed genuine. I say this because I feel most people only see the bits and pieces the media wants you to see. 

Dude covered up sexual abuse of boys...he is not a "good guy".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Tough to get away from direct quotes, links to videos, news articles from legitimate press (AP, Reuters, BBC, Forbes, etc.) that paint the same picture as what's on CNN.  So either every news source is biased but FOX (and FOX isn't news but entertainment) or JJ is really a POS.

The whole world isn't a conspiracy, Harley, some things are what they are.
Reply/Quote

I knew a few people back home who were pretty ok guys as long as you didn't look at their RSO pages.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 12:17 PM)Stewy Wrote: Tough to get away from direct quotes, links to videos, news articles from legitimate press (AP, Reuters, BBC, Forbes, etc.) that paint the same picture as what's on CNN.  So either every news source is biased but FOX (and FOX isn't news but entertainment) or JJ is really a POS.

The whole world isn't a conspiracy, Harley, some things are what they are.

What are you trying to cover up?

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 12:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What are you trying to cover up?

lol  - I'm not a politician.  I get to keep my secrets.  :)
Reply/Quote

Jim Jordan wants us to see those "bits and pieces" too, doesn't he? 

The shrill grandstanding captured in Congressional hearings aren't like some paparazzi catching him off guard while he takes out the garbage. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 05:05 PM)Dill Wrote: Jim Jordan wants us to see those "bits and pieces" too, doesn't he? 

The shrill grandstanding captured in Congressional hearings aren't like some paparazzi catching him off guard while he takes out the garbage. 

Of course, but you know what I'm talking about. The old taken-out-of-context routine. The grandstanding doesn't bother me much. To be fair, there was enough grandstanding when the Dems were in charge and I think he may feel like it's his turn. I'm not sticking up for the guy. I only gave my opinion of how I felt after meeting him. I like the dude, and honestly, the GOP bores me. So he's fun to watch.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 10:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The same ones who allowed endless investigations over a phony Steele Dossier, when they knew it was crap, but allowed FISA warrants anyway.  Mellow

I think the FBI was not totally forthcoming in discussing the dossier with Congress; and they have paid a price for that by allowing the GOP to divert attention from serious issues of national and election security. 

In 2020, the Senate Judiciary Committee (led by Democrat Dick Durbin) confirmed that the FBI knew Steele's sources were "word of mouth" and "hearsay," with enormous chain of custody problems, and that earlier FBI testimony had framed some of Steele's conclusions as part of the raw data of the dossier--but failed to adequately apprise the Congress of that. I understand why people who don't understand much about how raw data is evaluated, and treat the dossier a final product which solely guided the FBI in its investigation, might now want to call the investigations themselves a "hoax"--with a great deal of help from Hannity and Fox--"We now know the FISA warrants were based on the 'discredited' dossier" etc. 

Though Trump himself was never under investigation for collusion (he did later come under investigation for obstruction), I still hear the claim that a "fake" dossier was used to go after HIM (not attributing that to you, Sunset).

But according to the FBI and the documentary records they have supplied Congress, The initial FISA warrant was triggered by the behavior of people in Trump's campaign--beginning with an alert by an Australian ambassador--all before evaluation of the dossier was underway. Only at a later point was some info from the dossier used in the Carter Page warrants--along with other sources which cannot be revealed. 

The dossier's alleged election interference by Russians, and multiple contacts between Trump campaign officials and Russian spies/operatives, were confirmed in later FBI investigations based on other evidence. E.g. the dossier's claim that Russians appeared to have stolen Hillary emails was confirmed, as was the FSB's decision to support Trump over Hilary. That's all corroboration from other sources, and found in the dossier BEFORE the FBI knew it and corroborated it with other "reliable" sources. They also discovered that Michael Cohen could not have been in Prague, and did not think Trump's golden showers in Moscow credible, though they could neither confirm nor disconfirm. Like Hunter Biden's laptop, it smacked of FSB disinformation.

Those "endless investigations" also uncovered rather a deal of actual wrong doing, ending in at least 8 convictions of Americans for crimes actually committed--convictions NOT based on the dossier. And jail time until Trump brought out the Pardon pad, negating legal convictions--and the point of investigating threats to national security. Almost forgot--about 26 foreign nationals were also convicted, including 13 Russian agents. Howz that bad? 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/why-team-trump-wrong-about-carter-page-dossier-secret-warrant-n893666
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/politics/dossier-two-years-later/index.html

Safe to say the sources were very questionable, and that's common in raw intel data. But it's still hard to dismiss that fact that essential parts of this "hearsay" were later corroborated.
Reply/Quote
I thought the DOJ had a policy about not commenting on ongoing investigations?

Knowing how Comey publicly commenting about an investigation and Russian hackers releasing hacked emails at Trumps request swayed the 2016 election. I can understand the letter signed by 50 former people if they were indeed retired and had no direct knowledge of the laptop. Who would have guessed Hunter was dumb enough to leave an incriminating laptop behind?

I have serious questions about the timing of the laptop story. I see it as another obvious attempt to steal another election with fear and hysteria. They had the laptop in 2019. America finds out about it weeks before the election late 2020…….. not a coincidence at all. So the GOP is butthurt their October surprise didn’t work to steal the presidency and so now America gets to hear about it daily going on 4 years now.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 11:01 AM)hollodero Wrote: At this point I see a problem. Those same people kept this investigation into the Trump campaign secret while at the same time publicly announcing an investigation into Hillary just prior to the 2016 election. Which hurt her badly. If these people were so partisan and anti-Trump, why would this have happened. This makes no sense to me.

Not to mention that said endless investigations led to multiple convictions and weren't all that sham. I feel that's worth mentioning.

I guess I am confused as we fast forward and Trump was 100% correct, it was a partisan political Mueller investigation fueled by a fake dossier the F.B.I. never collaborated. On the other hand, HRC was guilty, even Democrat Comey said she was guilty, but said no reasonable prosecutor  Democrat would indict her.

Now we see Trump continues to be harassed by the same F.B.I. and D.O.J. who are and have protected the Biden family, yes Joe also as new evidence is out daily. Only a liberal hack would support any Democrat for senator, congress or P.O.T.U.S.

In time, the money trail will be found to Joe, his son , his brother, sister and his grandchildren.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2023, 03:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess I am confused as we fast forward and Trump was 100% correct, it was a partisan political Mueller investigation fueled by a fake dossier the F.B.I. never collaborated. On the other hand, HRC was guilty, even Democrat Comey said she was guilty, but said no reasonable prosecutor  Democrat would indict her.

Now we see Trump continues to be harassed by the same F.B.I. and D.O.J. who are and have protected the Biden family, yes Joe also as new evidence is out daily. Only a liberal hack would support any Democrat for senator, congress or P.O.T.U.S.

In time, the money trail will be found to Joe, his son , his brother, sister and his grandchildren.

Hollo was wondering why, if the FBI were protecting Hilary, that Comey would tank her presidential run by saying she was "guilty."

That doesn't fit with the "FBI harassed Trump" thesis.  

Could be Hollo does not believe everything Trump says.  If he did, the Comey intervention would not matter to him.
Reply/Quote