Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone likes to complain out being underrated
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-championship-sunday-bold-predictions-rams-finally-snap-skid-vs-49ers-joe-bur

Something tells me you like it that way.

Sorry
Reply/Quote
Mixon being our leading receiver is certainly a take.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Great watch, love this show. Have to agree, if Joe Burrow wins Sunday he will be getting compared to Mahomes
from here on out and it could be the start of the next great rivalry of QB's. Mahomes is fantastic throwing out of
the pocket, none better but Burrow can do this too. Burrow also has that never give up fight that Champions are
born of. We will see how he plays on Sunday, I think he will have a big game maybe even bigger than the last one
after how frustrating and tough of a win we got against the Titans.

Thanks for this vid Motoarch. Rock On

Love Kay and Kyle.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 07:07 PM)motoarch Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-championship-sunday-bold-predictions-rams-finally-snap-skid-vs-49ers-joe-bur

Sorry

It's fun to be the underdog and surprise people.  It's also fun to be respected.  It was interesting in the video that was embedded in that piece they talked about if Burrow wins against the Chiefs this weekend and then wins the SB, he'll be in the conversation behind Mahomes.  All the while they're saying he's checking boxes neither Mahomes nor almost any other QB has checked.  So still not really getting the respect no matter what he does the rest of this year.   But Burrow seems highly motivated to prove people wrong over and over.  So maybe the backhanded compliments here will just serve as more fuel to the fire. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 07:19 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: It's fun to be the underdog and surprise people.  It's also fun to be respected.  It was interesting in the video that was embedded in that piece they talked about if Burrow wins against the Chiefs this weekend and then wins the SB, he'll be in the conversation behind Mahomes.  All the while they're saying he's checking boxes neither Mahomes nor almost any other QB has checked.  So still not really getting the respect no matter what he does the rest of this year.   But Burrow seems highly motivated to prove people wrong over and over.  So maybe the backhanded compliments here will just serve as more fuel to the fire. 

Kay and Kyle are cool, those backhanded compliments were from Carter and that other dude who I don't know who the hell he is.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 07:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kay and Gil are cool, those backhanded compliments were from Carter and that other dude who I don't know who the hell he is.

I don't think comparing Joe to Troy Aikman is a backhanded compliment. I think it's just a compliment.

I will admit that I, at the moment, am not really sold on the idea that we have a good chance of winning on Sunday. It might just be recency bias after watching that Titans game but those 9 sacks...and we're likely rolling out the same Oline for this game? I think we're gonna have stalled drives and, against Kansas City, even 1 stalled drive or, hell, 1 field goal drive that should have been a touchdown could spell the end for your chances to win. This Oline needs to be perfect for us to win and I just don't think that's going to happen.

With that said, I do like us coming in as underdogs. The pressure is on KC, not us. They're the pre-season super bowl favorites, they're at home, they have the highest paid player in the NFL. A lot of their roster is, essentially, blowing up at the end of this year. They need to win this game. We don't need to win this game. We are ahead of schedule, our core is all still on rookie deals, we have tons of cap space to improve our Oline. We're just now reaching our full strength and should be here for the next 5 to 10 years at least (knock on wood).

I'd be thrilled if we win this game, but I'm expecting us to lose. Maybe we keep it close, but I just think we're 1 year away because of this Oline.

I hope I'm wrong though :)
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 07:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kay and Gil are cool, those backhanded compliments were from Carter and that other dude who I don't know who the hell he is.

(01-28-2022, 07:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't think comparing Joe to Troy Aikman is a backhanded compliment. I think it's just a compliment.

I will admit that I, at the moment, am not really sold on the idea that we have a good chance of winning on Sunday. It might just be recency bias after watching that Titans game but those 9 sacks...and we're likely rolling out the same Oline for this game? I think we're gonna have stalled drives and, against Kansas City, even 1 stalled drive or, hell, 1 field goal drive that should have been a touchdown could spell the end for your chances to win. This Oline needs to be perfect for us to win and I just don't think that's going to happen.

With that said, I do like us coming in as underdogs. The pressure is on KC, not us. They're the pre-season super bowl favorites, they're at home, they have the highest paid player in the NFL. A lot of their roster is, essentially, blowing up at the end of this year. They need to win this game. We don't need to win this game. We are ahead of schedule, our core is all still on rookie deals, we have tons of cap space to improve our Oline. We're just now reaching our full strength and should be here for the next 5 to 10 years at least (knock on wood).

I'd be thrilled if we win this game, but I'm expecting us to lose. Maybe we keep it close, but I just think we're 1 year away because of this Oline.

The Aikman comment wasn't what I was referring to as backhanded. That was just a compliment to my mind, and it was fine. It was actually Kay I believe who said that IF Burrow wins this weekend in KC (beating Mahomes twice) and IF he wins a SB, THEN he can be considered right there behind Mahomes. Which I just thought was funny. I like Kay and the group they usually have on that show, so it's not a diss on any of them. Just funny that if this guy comes into his second season, first season was injured, and if he takes the team to a SB win, and beats other QBs in the process considered to be in the elite tier, that he's still "behind" them in any conversation.

Dude's got plenty to still prove as young as he in the league. I just think the benchmarking people throw out is humorous and how no one wants to change their rankings up. I get it, he doesn't have the body of work yet, it's just funny to me how it gets presented.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 07:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't think comparing Joe to Troy Aikman is a backhanded compliment. I think it's just a compliment.

I agree, comparing Burrow to Aikman is no backhanded compliment, it was the other things said.

We had stalled drives early against the Chiefs and were down 14-0 and came back to win and Burrow was sacked 4 times 
and their DL isn't even in the stratosphere of the Titans. I love our chances, Burrow has already played that Defense and 
once he knows the other team's D, good luck. I think Burrow has one of if not his best game of his career on Sunday and
we beat them worse than the last time as long as we don't turn the ball over.

Our Defense WILL play better than the Bills, book it.

I just hope we put Carman in the game if Adeniji still struggles, he is clearly our weak link. He will play better against the 
Chiefs than he did against the Titans that is a given but still. This is my only concern going into this game and the noise.

It WILL be loudest game Burrow has ever been in most likely unless we quiet them down early and we could actually 
start fast since we played the Chiefs Defense already.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 08:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, comparing Burrow to Aikman is no backhanded compliment, it was the other things said.

We had stalled drives early against the Chiefs and were down 14-0 and came back to win and Burrow was sacked 4 times 
and their DL isn't even in the stratosphere of the Titans. I love our chances, Burrow has already played that Defense and 
once he knows the other team's D, good luck. I think Burrow has one of if not his best game of his career on Sunday and
we beat them worse than the last time as long as we don't turn the ball over.

Our Defense WILL play better than the Bills, book it.

I just hope we put Carman in the game if Adeniji still struggles, he is clearly our weak link. He will play better against the 
Chiefs than he did against the Titans that is a given but still. This is my only concern going into this game and the noise.

It WILL be loudest game Burrow has ever been in most likely unless we quiet them down early and we could actually 
start fast since we played the Chiefs Defense already.

This game (being on the road) will no doubt suck to get behind in, but there's a shared faith here for what Burrow can do even in rough circumstances.  

And yes, 100% agree the defense for Cincy will be the narrative following the game.  

The Bengals have the momentum right now behind them and are out to prove their worth to the world.  KC has been there before and is good, but this Bengals squad just looks like they want to win no matter what.  

I can't wait to hear all the narratives this offseason when Brrr brings home the long-awaited Lombardi.  Looks like ol' Mikey is finally going to have to spring for that trophy case  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:01 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: This game (being on the road) will no doubt suck to get behind in, but there's a shared faith here for what Burrow can do even in rough circumstances.  

And yes, 100% agree the defense for Cincy will be the narrative following the game.  

The Bengals have the momentum right now behind them and are out to prove their worth to the world.  KC has been there before and is good, but this Bengals squad just looks like they want to win no matter what.  

I can't wait to hear all the narratives this offseason when Brrr brings home the long-awaited Lombardi.  Looks like ol' Mikey is finally going to have to spring for that trophy case  Smirk

Check out the WhoDey Hype vids right above us and see Gil Brandt of GMFB come out as the Grim Reaper, PS...

Doesn't end that way lol

Great vid, got me pumped for Sunday. 2nd page BTW, must watch before the game. Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Check out the WhoDey Hype vids right above us and see Gil Brandt of GMFB come out as the Grim Reaper, PS...

Doesn't end that way lol

Great vid, got me pumped for Sunday. 2nd page BTW, must watch before the game. Cool

I thought his first name was Kyle...
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:31 PM)Earendil Wrote: I thought his first name was Kyle...

It is? Why am I always seeing Gil on there?
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 08:45 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: The Aikman comment wasn't what I was referring to as backhanded.  That was just a compliment to my mind, and it was fine.  It was actually Kay I believe who said that IF Burrow wins this weekend in KC (beating Mahomes twice) and IF he wins a SB, THEN he can be considered right there behind Mahomes.  Which I just thought was funny.  I like Kay and the group they usually have on that show, so it's not a diss on any of them.  Just funny that if this guy comes into his second season, first season was injured, and if he takes the team to a SB win, and beats other QBs in the process considered to be in the elite tier, that he's still "behind" them in any conversation.  

Dude's got plenty to still prove as young as he in the league.  I just think the benchmarking people throw out is humorous and how no one wants to change their rankings up.  I get it, he doesn't have the body of work yet, it's just funny to me how it gets presented.

Because you can't compare 1 year to multiple years of sustained success? Okay so JB makes the superbowl this year. He's possibly even in wins with Mahomes, behind in appearances, behind in MVPs, behind in AFC championship games, behind in basically every category that exists.

I love JB and hope he accomplishes what Mahommes has but 1 year doesn't automatically put you there just like if Matt Ryan or Jared Goff beat Brady it wouldn't put them over or equal to him. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 07:07 PM)motoarch Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-championship-sunday-bold-predictions-rams-finally-snap-skid-vs-49ers-joe-bur

Sorry

I friggin' love it. Nothing better than watching the talking heads walk back their previous week of trash.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:01 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I can't wait to hear all the narratives this offseason when Brrr brings home the long-awaited Lombardi.  Looks like ol' Mikey is finally going to have to spring for that trophy case  Smirk

He's going to incase the cart in glass.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
Somehow i have a gut feeling we'll spot them 14 again, maybe more then come right back and stomp all over their parade.. Lots of JoePiss all over Arrowhead if that happens..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

With that said, I do like us coming in as underdogs. The pressure is on KC, not us. They're the pre-season super bowl favorites, they're at home, they have the highest paid player in the NFL. A lot of their roster is, essentially, blowing up at the end of this year. They need to win this game. We don't need to win this game. We are ahead of schedule, our core is all still on rookie deals, we have tons of cap space to improve our Oline. We're just now reaching our full strength and should be here for the next 5 to 10 years at least (knock on wood).

Are they in cap trouble or a bunch of FAs or something?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 10:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Are they in cap trouble or a bunch of FAs or something?

We're not in cap trouble, but do have 32 players who will be FA's in a few weeks.. KC is league average with the cap.. 14 1/2M compared to 56 1/2M- for us.. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 10:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Are they in cap trouble or a bunch of FAs or something?
Per Whatever, "I don't see KC being able to afford to keep Brown.  They have $20 mil or so in cap space, but their other starting T, Mike Remmers, is also a UFA.  Their WR2 and WR3(Robertson and Pringle) are UFA's.  Honey Badger, Ward, and Sorensen in their secondary and Reed and Ingram on the DL are also all UFA's."

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:59 PM)TheFan Wrote: Because you can't compare 1 year to multiple years of sustained success? Okay so JB makes the superbowl this year. He's possibly  even in wins with Mahomes, behind in appearances, behind in MVPs, behind in AFC championship games, behind in basically every category that exists.

I love JB and hope he accomplishes what Mahommes has but 1 year doesn't automatically put you there just like if Matt Ryan or Jared Goff beat Brady it wouldn't put them over or equal to him. 

Mahomes has 1 title.  If Burrow got one this year, they're even.  I wouldn't be comparing Burrow to Brady, but to say Mahomes is ahead of him if he gets a ring this year?  I don't know that I'd pass that comment off without some real thought and comparison. 
Reply/Quote