Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex Machina
(05-21-2015, 05:47 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Yea I enjoyed quite a bit.  It's been a while since I've seen the first Mad Max from the 80's, but still enjoyed this one a lot and IMO worth seeing it in the theatre.  In fact I think it's prolly best in the theatre.  However I did not see it in 3D, I don't usually care for 3D.

Will check it out this weekend. Not sure if my girl will go with me... She will probably stay with the girls.
Reply/Quote
Good call Richmond on mad max. Saw it the other night and hadn't been able to come on and comment. Thanks for the recommendation mate
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 08:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Good call Richmond on mad max.   Saw it the other night and hadn't been able to come on and comment.   Thanks for the recommendation mate

Glad you enjoyed it man. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Saw the Mad Max movie. Pretty good non-stop action.

IMO It just didn't measure up to Mad Max and Road Warrior.

To me it felt a lot more like Beyond Thunderdome. Bigger budget but definitely a lesser product and a bit campy.

I will have to say that although I enjoy some of the comic movies(Batman/Avengers/etc.)this is a nice departure from that.

Science fiction has been lacking for a while.

Prometheus is probably the last interesting Sci-Fi movie I enjoyed.

The rebooted Star Trek has been decent. Let's hope the Star Wars reboot is waaay better than what Lucas put out there.

PS - Will probably check out Ex Machina just for Sci-Fi's sake.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I kept wondering if the female robot could administer really fast handjobs.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 11:04 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Saw the Mad Max movie. Pretty good non-stop action.

To me it felt a lot more like Beyond Thunderdome.  Bigger budget but definitely a lesser product and a bit campy.

I will have to say that although I enjoy some of the comic movies(Batman/Avengers/etc.)this is a nice departure from that.

The rebooted Star Trek has been decent.  Let's hope the Star Wars reboot is waaay better than what Lucas put out there.

I enjoyed Prometheus too... Looking forward to the next movies. I love sci Fi. New alien will be good too. Gonna pick up after 2 I guess.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 11:04 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Saw the Mad Max movie. Pretty good non-stop action.

To me it felt a lot more like Beyond Thunderdome.  Bigger budget but definitely a lesser product and a bit campy.

The rebooted Star Trek has been decent.  Let's hope the Star Wars reboot is waaay better than what Lucas put out there.

Interstellar.

That is all.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 11:16 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Interstellar.

That is all.

Very good. Really enjoyed that one
Reply/Quote
Finally just saw Ex Machina. Excellent movie, for sure. Really well thought out and executed from top to bottom. The one issue that I have is something that was brought up already....the helicopter pilot had no cares about picking up the wrong person.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 05:51 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Finally just saw Ex Machina. Excellent movie, for sure. Really well thought out and executed from top to bottom. The one issue that I have is something that was brought up already....the helicopter pilot had no cares about picking up the wrong person.

Looking like she does, she merely had to say "Mr. Smith is staying for another week. But, since you're here, could you pretty please give me a ride back?" Done.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 06:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Looking like she does, she merely had to say "Mr. Smith is staying for another week.  But, since you're here, could you pretty please give me a ride back?"  Done.

I agree that this is plausible....but in a movie, I'd like details like that to not be left unexplained. It's something that a lot of people questioned, apparently.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 06:17 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I agree that this is plausible....but in a movie, I'd like details like that to not be left unexplained. It's something that a lot of people questioned, apparently.

Glad you enjoyed. One of my favs this year
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 11:16 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Interstellar.

That is all.

I will check out Interstellar.  Thanks for the suggestion.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Very slow, boring movie shrouded around the Turing test.

Predictable, but would make a good 1 hour bit on a commercial network.

Huge Appleseed fan though...
Reply/Quote