Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excited about this draft class.We just got better dramatically.
Excited about our new players.I say it almost every year and it could easily be said again this year minus the one character concern but let's be honest.He was arguably the best RB in this draft right along side Fornette.I think this draft is telling how much faith Marvin has in our offensive line this coming year.We were back in the pack last year and nobody can argue we added some true playmakers to help AJ because without him we seen we are in trouble.I don't trust Eifert to stay healthy if anyone can anymore.I wanted Willis in the second if Robinson wasn't there but by the grace of WHODEY he fell to the 3rd round. We got depth at DT and we got a kicker to challenge now .Be more comfortable getting a Center late but overall we improved the team. It may not show right away but if there's one thing Marvin and company know how to do is draft damn good players.Thats my take on it.Whodey!!
Reply/Quote
Yeah...basically EVERY team in the NFL thinks they got better too.

EVERY year people get all amped about the draft class...then the coaches don't play most of the guys...and slowly they move on to other teams.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...basically EVERY team in the NFL thinks they got better too.

EVERY year people get all amped about the draft class...then the coaches don't play most of the guys...and slowly they move on to other teams.

[Image: 1828f739d85db93e4f73538e3aad4e1f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...basically EVERY team in the NFL thinks they got better too.

When is the last time we tanked a draft? Go ahead I will wait.Starters or not they eventually pan out for us in the long term.Other than JoJo and Zeitler leaving for free agency ( and if your willing to pay any guard 12 mill a  year it's pointless putting some sense into someone with no common sense in how that kind of ignorant deal cripples a salary cap) but again who else has left? 
We got better in this draft.Sorry drafting Mixon has killed it for most but I'm over it.Hes ours now and bottom line on the field he's a beast and at the end of the day that's all I care about.My entertainment,,not there personal lives.
Reply/Quote
People say the same thing every year. Boyd was the only one who basically played last year.

People raved about Dennard...and he's been a special teamer.

You just never know what you're getting when you draft guys is all.

Literally...EVERY TEAM in the NFL's fanbase is happy today.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:39 PM)Striped4war Wrote: When is the last time we tanked a draft? Go ahead I will wait.Starters or not they eventually pan out for us in the long term.Other than JoJo and Zeitler leaving for free agency ( and if your willing to pay any guard 12 mill a  year it's pointless putting some sense into someone with no common sense in how that kind of ignorant deal cripples a salary cap) but again who else has left? 
We got better in this draft.Sorry drafting Mixon has killed it for most but I'm over it.Hes ours now and bottom line on the field he's a beast and at the end of the day that's all I care about.My entertainment,,not there personal lives.

I'll go with 2014. Dennard is a special teamer. Bodine and Hill were the best players in that draft class.

The 2015 class got us Ced, Fisher, and Shaw. That was a below average draft. It might turn into a bad draft if Ced doesn't improve.

The bigger question you need to ask is when did we draft our last Pro Bowl player: That's 2013. Before that: 2011 in Green and Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Here's a link to our historic drafts:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/draft.htm

Last years draft: 0 starters. 1 #3 WR and 2 special teamers.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'll go with 2014. Dennard is a special teamer. Bodine and Hill were the best players in that draft class.

The 2015 class got us Ced, Fisher, and Shaw. That was a below average draft. It might turn into a bad draft if Ced doesn't improve.

The bigger question you need to ask is when did we draft our last Pro Bowl player: That's 2013. Before that: 2011 in Green and Dalton.
Fail,,Dennard 5th year option just got picked up and he's just scratching the surface much like Kirkpatrick did,,,try harder this time
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do you think there are fanbases out there not excited? My point is that EVERY fanbase thinks their team did awesome! It's what being a fan is.

I think we pulled a lot of guys with potential. Now it's going to be up to the coaches to develop and play the guys.

Of course I do. But you're just coming off as a negative Nancy, that's all.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:51 PM)Striped4war Wrote: Fail,,Dennard 5th year option just got picked up and he's just scratching the surface much like Kirkpatrick did,,,try harder this time

If being a backup CB that got beat out by Josh Shaw as the Nickle CB and is a gunner on special teams is a successful NFL player to you...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Of course I do. But you're just coming off as a negative Nancy, that's all.

Dude...I think Ross has a ton of potential. I think Mixon does too. I worry that our offensive line won't open holes for him. At Oklahoma, he didn't get touched for 5-7 yards A LOT.

I'm not saying the Bengals had a bad draft.

I'm saying that basically EVERY guy drafted has potential to make a team better...for EVERY team.

We could have took Foster in Round 1 who went at 30 or 31 and fans would think we had a great draft.

That's all I'm saying.

It takes 3-5 years to see if we really did well.

Mixon probably has the best potential to start.

Ross...probably best case would be a slot receiver this year.

And...there's nothing wrong with any of this.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'll go with 2014. Dennard is a special teamer. Bodine and Hill were the best players in that draft class.

Below avg????

Shaw, Smith, Kroft, & Uzomah were major contributors in their 2nd seasons. Fisher will be the starting RT, Ced the starting LT. Ced was bad last season, but this is his first full off-season healthy. I think Ced will turn it around. Those guys from that class are all still quite young.

2014 still has solid players in it, but McCarron isn't going to over take Dalton and is trade bait. Hill has trailed off, but looked great at first. Dennard is looking at being the slot/nickel CB, which plays a lot for the Bengals. Wright was a good pick, but injured.. cant fault the pick itself for that. Bodine has been a starter basically since he got here. And Clarke, as hard as I've been on him, had 4 sacks last year as a rotational guy.

I'm not saying the Bengals have found massive talent in those two drafts, but they aren't just turning guys away and signing FAs in their place. They are getting contributions and have guys growing into positions.

The 2017 draft looks to be loaded for them in places of need and talent. Time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Of course I do. But you're just coming off as a negative Nancy, that's all.

Yeah, have a brewski Pistons. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dude...I think Ross has a ton of potential. I think Mixon does too. I worry that our offensive line won't open holes for him. At Oklahoma, he didn't get touched for 5-7 yards A LOT.

I'm saying that basically EVERY guy drafted has potential to make a team better...for EVERY team.

We could have took Foster in Round 1 who went at 30 or 31 and fans would think we had a great draft.

That's all I'm saying.

Fair, level headed points. I don't think OK's line was that good. I watched a fair amount of Mixon tape and he was having to do a lot of work back there. You're right, though. Time will tell!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People say the same thing every year. Boyd was the only one who basically played last year.

People raved about Dennard...and he's been a special teamer.

You just never know what you're getting when you draft guys is all.

Literally...EVERY TEAM in the NFL's fanbase is happy today.

Yep! I think I am pleased with this year's draft. However, every year starts this way and we end up with a Jeremy Hill or walking wounded players. I am thankful the draft is finally about over. The mock drafts leading up to it were downright atrocious. Joe Goodberry and Lapham did fairly well [They each got one right] compared to most of the bigger-name talking heads. As always time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:59 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Fair, level headed points. I don't think OK's line was that good. I watched a fair amount of Mixon tape and he was having to do a lot of work back there. You're right, though. Time will tell!

IF he turns into Leveon Bell...that would be GREAT. And I'll be rooting for Ross as hard as anyone.

Interestingly, we actually took Bernard over Bell that year.

My favorite pick is Lawson. I'm hoping they use him to rush the QB from the OLB spot. Other teams have these guys...why can't we?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 05:01 PM)Derrick Wrote: Yep! I think I am pleased with this year's draft. However, every year starts this way and we end up with a Jeremy Hill or walking wounded players. I am thankful the draft is finally about over. The mock drafts leading up to it were downright atrocious. Joe Goodberry and Lapham did fairly well [They each got one right] compared to most of the bigger-name talking heads. As always time will tell.

On paper, with the volume of picks we have...I think I'd rate this draft as a good one.

My concern is it will turn out like the Pollock/Thurman/Henry draft that looked like an amazing draft when it happened...then injuries and other issues ruined it. Hopefully that isn't the case.

I'm just so used to good things turning bad with the Bengals. This coaching staff does not like to play young players. That's going to be a big hurdle.

Guys like Vigil should have played last year. Guys like MJ played too many snaps too.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dude...I think Ross has a ton of potential. I think Mixon does too. I worry that our offensive line won't open holes for him. At Oklahoma, he didn't get touched for 5-7 yards A LOT.

That's all I'm saying.

Just let it go Pistons. This is the happiest time of the year for a lot of homer fans, so let them enjoy it while they can. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 05:05 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Just let it go Pistons. This is the happiest time of the year for a lot of homer fans, so let them enjoy it while they can. 

I realize that. We could draft a guy in jail and in fact a certain percentage of the fan base would defend the guy. In fact, when we signed that Joiner guy who was in jail...people did call it a low risk/high rewards signing.

In defense of the fanbase...when you haven't won a playoff game in 26+ years...and you don't sign Tier 1 or 2 free agents...you have to manufacture optimism somewhere...and that's the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 05:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF he turns into Leveon Bell...that would be GREAT. And I'll be rooting for Ross as hard as anyone.

Interestingly, we actually took Bernard over Bell that year.

My favorite pick is Lawson. I'm hoping they use him to rush the QB from the OLB spot. Other teams have these guys...why can't we?

That Lwson guy didn't run a fast 40, but looks so fast and quick for that 10 yard burst. Hopefully the Bengals can put together packages to get him out there on the edge.
Reply/Quote