Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exclusive: Secret Service depletes funds to pay agents due to Trump's frequent trips
(08-21-2017, 06:56 PM)Vlad Wrote: I've noticed my 401K's and investments go up. Haven't you?

I didn't ask about investments you have in the land of Oz called Wall Street that will plummet once Drumph starts another war.
I'm talking actual money that you get when you cash your pay check. Capish?
(08-21-2017, 10:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/08/21/secret-service-cant-pay-agents-because-trumps-frequent-travel-large-family/529075001/

This is the problem with electing person who had a passel of kids with three different woman.
[url=http://www.mediafire.com/view/orfukh76xfq1xwm/huck_davis_twitter-800x430.jpg][/url]
(08-21-2017, 11:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Having your family live in a penthouse hundreds of miles away, giving your adult kids an entourage every time they go overseas, and playing golf in Florida every weekend costs a lot.

All he is doing is going to his actual home.

And you of all people can understand why they want their child to finish school at his school for the year.
(08-22-2017, 09:28 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: All he is doing is going to his actual home.  

And you of all people can understand why they want their child to finish school at his school for the year.

Which home?  And every weekend?

Obama didn't fly to HI or IL every weekend.

Let alone FL just for the golf.

"Fiscal conservative"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-22-2017, 09:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: Which home?  And every weekend?

Obama didn't fly to HI or IL every weekend.

Let alone FL just for the golf.

"Fiscal conservative"

Obama golfed right down here in palm city and shut down the town. It happened often.

Trump lives in west Palm beach. Has lived here for years
(08-22-2017, 09:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Obama golfed right down here in palm city and shut down the town.  It happened often.  

Trump lives in west Palm beach.   Has lived here for years

He lives in New York.  Where (latest) wife and child were.

Palm Beach is a vacation house.

Trump is on pace to out golf Obama within a year.

I'd post the actual numbers but facts tend to get ignored around here as they don't leave room for generalities like "it happened often".
(08-22-2017, 09:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: He lives in New York.  Where (latest) wife and child were.

Palm Beach is a vacation house.

Trump is on pace to out golf Obama within a year.

I'd post the actual numbers but facts tend to get ignored around here as they don't leave room for generalities like "it happened often".

I have a pool in my backyard am I always taking a swimming trip to the pool or am I just living in my house.
(08-22-2017, 09:55 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have a pool in my backyard am I always taking a swimming trip to the pool or am I just living in my house.

That would be an apt analogy if Trump's trips were within the confines of where he lives and not three different states just so he can golf.

Trump is registered to vote in New York. Where he was born and raised.

New York is his home.
(08-22-2017, 10:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: That would be an apt analogy if Trump's trips were within the confines of where he lives and not three different states just so he can golf.

Trump has always spent a ton a time in palm beach. That's a known fact and anyone who lives down here knows that he has always spent a ton of time down here.
(08-22-2017, 10:02 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Trump has always spent a ton a time in palm beach. That's a known fact and anyone who lives down here knows that he has always spent a ton of time down here.

He is the POTUS now.  Spending every weekend down there for months should bother a "fiscal conservative" whether he did it before being elected or not.
(08-22-2017, 10:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: He is the POTUS now.  Spending every weekend down there for months should bother a "fiscal conservative" whether he did it before being elected or not.

Obama was here in palm city so often golfing that it just became a standing hassle. At least trump is not closing down a city. He is on an island just hassling his few neighbors.
And this thread is Fake News

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20036/fake-news-trump-travel-did-not-bankrupt-secret-joseph-curl

Quote:FAKE NEWS: Trump Travel Did NOT Bankrupt Secret Service

August 22, 2017 8.4k views
US President Donald Trump arrives on Marine One as a member of the Secret Service stands guard at the White House, on May 17, 2017 in Washington, DC
Getty Images
USA Today went big: "Exclusive: Secret Service depletes funds to pay agents because of Trump's frequent travel, large family."

"The Secret Service can no longer pay hundreds of agents it needs to carry out an expanded protective mission – in large part due to the sheer size of President Trump's family and efforts necessary to secure their multiple residences up and down the East Coast," said the explosive lead.

The "scoop" came from Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex" Alles, who in an interview with USA TODAY said "more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances that were meant to last the entire year."

"The president has a large family, and our responsibility is required in law,'' Alles said. "I can't change that. I have no flexibility.'' Under former President Obama, 31 people were protected by the Secret Service. Under Trump, the number rose to 42, including 18 family members.

CNN got all wee-weed up with the "exclusive": "Secret Service can't pay agents for Trump and his family, report says." Lots of other mainstream media outlets followed the salacious story -- Trump and his family are bankrupting America!

But it turns out the whole story was plain old fake news.

Alles, in clarification to USA Today's breathless report, later said funding for roughly 1,100 agents working overtime in 2017 is not an issue "that can be attributed to the current Administration’s protection requirements alone, but rather has been an ongoing issue for nearly a decade due to an overall increase in operational tempo."

"The Secret Service has the funding it needs to meet all current mission requirements for the remainder of the fiscal year and compensate employees for overtime within statutory pay caps," he said in the statement. "The Secret Service estimates that roughly 1,100 employees will work overtime hours in excess of statutory pay caps during calendar year 2017. Our agency experienced a similar situation in calendar year 2016 that resulted in legislation that allowed Secret Service employees to exceed statutory caps on pay."

The statement continued: "To remedy this ongoing and serious problem, the agency has worked closely with the Department of Homeland Security, the administration, and the Congress over the past several months to find a legislative solution."

Both sides in Congress so far have worked together to make sure the Secret Service has the operating budget it needs. But don't look for the same bipartisan spirit this time around. Even though the problem has existed for "nearly a decade" -- which means it began in Obama's first term -- the MSM and the left will no doubt blame Trump for the whole mess.

And here's the really interesting part: It doesn't matter now that the story was shot down. Trump and his family didn't cause the problem, it's existed for a decade. But the story -- the fake report, that Trump and his family are to blame -- is out there now, alive on the interwebs. And that story feeds the half of America that voted against Trump. "Did you hear? All of Trump's travel is banrupting the Secret Service!" will be heard 'round the water cooler this week.

So, it doesn't matter if it's true -- it's out there. And it doesn't matter that when Obama and his wife took separate planes to Hawaii -- one day apart -- costing taxpayers an extra million dollars that liberals and the MSM defended them. Because (and here's the real point here) EVERYTHING TRUMP DOES IS WRONG.

Therre. You got it? Good. Remember -- everything, wrong. Proceed.
(08-22-2017, 10:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Obama was here in palm city so often golfing that it just became a standing hassle.    At least trump is not closing down a city.   He is on an island just hassling his few neighbors.

http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/columns/when-vacations-cost-millions/2320612

Quote:The cost of rest and recreation for U.S. presidents can be hard to calculate. But government records make reasonable estimates possible. The short answer: Taxpayers are footing big bills in security and travel costs for presidents to get away from the White House. President Barack Obama and his family cost the American taxpayers in the range of $100 million during his eight years in office. Right now, President Donald Trump is on track to cost something close to that in his first year.

Judicial Watch, a conservative watchdog group, obtained government records in December 2016 near the end of the Obama administration and summarized the Obama family's eight years of travel, putting the known cost at $96.9 million. "The Obamas' notorious abuse of presidential travel perks wasted military resources and stressed the Secret Service. Judicial Watch estimates that the final costs of Obama's unnecessary vacation and political travel will well exceed $100 million," Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton said in December. At that time, he added: "President-elect Trump can immediately save taxpayers money by reforming presidential travel."
What is Fitton saying about Trump's travels so far? "It's a rather obvious use of taxpayer resources for seemingly unnecessary purposes."

Obama's travel in eight years:

$96.9 MILLION

Highlights from documents obtained by Judicial Watch:
• Secret Service records show Obama's April 2015 Earth Day trip to give a global warming speech in the Everglades cost taxpayers $145,752.36, making the total cost of the trip at least $1,012,367.76.
• Air Force records regarding Michelle Obama's trip to Morocco, Spain and Liberia with her daughters in June 2016 revealed $450,026.40 in flight expenses alone. A C-32A was flown for 28.4 hours.
• Air Force records show that the Obamas' August 2016 vacation to Martha's Vineyard cost taxpayers $450,295 in flight expenses alone.
• CNN notes that a GAO report about a four-day trip Obama took to Florida in 2013 — one similar to Trump's trips — found the total cost to the Secret Service and Coast Guard was $3.6 million.

Trump's travel in 88 days:

$21 MILLION

• Trump is on pace in his first year of office to approach Obama's spending on travel for his entire eight years, according to CNN's estimates.
• His Easter weekend trip to Mar-a-Lago, his private club in Florida, was his seventh visit there in 13 weekends since taking office.
• Estimates of the cost of trips to Mar-a-Lago hover around $3 million per weekend, which would mean $21 million was burned in Trump's first months in office.
• The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office has spent $3.5 million since the election, including $1.5 million for the Chinese president's visit, which attracted a couple of thousand demonstrators.

So what about golf?

The Tampa Bay Times' PolitiFact has tracked the number of times Donald Trump has played golf, compared with Barack Obama at the same point of his presidency. The count as of now: Trump 14, Obama 0.

Obama went to Florida eight (8) times in 2016 for various functions and speeches.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_presidential_trips_made_by_Barack_Obama_during_2016

Palm springs once.

Palm city once.
(08-22-2017, 09:28 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: All he is doing is going to his actual home.  

I thought Trump Tower was his home, not Mar a Lago. 

I'm not sure if his son staying at the same school for 4 months is worth millions a day of the tax payer's dime. I find it funny that an alleged fiscal conservative is defending this waste of money.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-22-2017, 10:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Obama was here in palm city so often golfing that it just became a standing hassle.    At least trump is not closing down a city.   He is on an island just hassling his few neighbors.

StLucieBengal was in Iowa so often golfing that it just became a standing hassle.  At least GMDino is not closing down a city.  He is on an island just hassling his few neighbors.

Yes, I too, can make up "fake" news.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(08-22-2017, 11:29 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I thought Trump Tower was his home, not Mar a Lago. 

I'm not sure if his son staying at the same school for 4 months is worth millions a day of the tax payer's dime. I find it funny that an alleged fiscal conservative is defending this waste of money.

He has always been in mar A lago most of the time. It's common knowledge down here to anyone who has been around.

Do you have children? Most of the time parents want their children to finish the year at their school. Especially when they send them to elite schools.

Like i did.... when Melania and Barron go on a worldwide shopping trips then call me.
(08-22-2017, 11:29 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I thought Trump Tower was his home, not Mar a Lago. 

He has always been in mar A lago most of the time. It's common knowledge down here to anyone who has been around.

Do you have children? Most of the time parents want their children to finish the year at their school. Especially when they send them to elite schools.

Like I said..... when Melania and Barron go on a shopping trip around the world come back to me
(08-22-2017, 02:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He has always been in mar A lago most of the time.    It's common knowledge down here to anyone who has been around.    

Do you have children?   Most of the time parents want their children to finish the year at their school.  Especially when they send them to elite schools.

Like i did.... when Melania and Barron go on a worldwide shopping trips then call me.

that's pure hyperbole or an outright lie based on a person bias and blindness to the truth.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/18/a-look-back-at-the-obama-familys-big-trips-over-the-last-eight/21657517/

Quote:As Obama's time in office comes to an end, his legacy is up for debate. Although the Affordable Care Act is in jeopardy, Obama's international missions will remain a cornerstone of his reputation as president.

During his eight years in office, President Obama spent about 14 percent of his time on foreign travel, which equates to about seven months. He became the first sitting U.S. president to visit Kenya, Malaysia, Ethiopia, Laos and Cambodia. The commander in chief visited 58 countries, including six trips to France and Germany.

Right from the start, Sasha and Malia were included in their father's travels. In 2009, the first family visited Ghana to see a slave outpost and visit Michelle's ancestral roots. This was at the tail end of President Obama's first international trip as commander in chief, which included a tour of the Kremlin to meet Dmitry Medvedev, a meeting with Pope Benedict XVI in the Vatican and a visit with President Nicolas Sarkozy of France during a stop in Paris.

Over the years, the daughters accompanied their father to Argentina, Brazil and Cuba. They also went on additional trips with Michelle Obama, like in summer 2015 when they went to London and Venice to promote the first lady's Let Girls Learn Initiative.

When they were not on international diplomatic missions, the Obama family did take time to enjoy some R&R.

The first family mainly took domestic trips to destinations like Yellowstone National Park in 2009, Acadia National Park in Maine in 2010 and to Barack's home state of Hawaii over his tenure in the White House.

This is not to say that the 44th president's vacations did not come without scrutiny. According to a report from Judicial Watch in December 2016, Obama's travel expenses totaled over $96 million during his eight years as president.

The first family's personal trips drew consistently drew scrutiny due to the costs of security on taxpayers. For example, the luxurious private home the first family resided in on Martha's Vineyard from 2009-2011 rents up to $50,000 per week.

During an interview with the Hill in 2015, President-elect Trump said he would not take vacations.

"I would rarely leave the White House because there's so much work to be done," Trump said. "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off."

In November, he conveyed the same idea during an interview with CBS' '60 Minutes.'

"There's just so much to be done ... so I don't think we'll be very big on vacations, no."

According to PolitiFact, Obama made a similar claim before being elected.

"You give me this office and in turn, my fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure is gone ... I am giving myself to you."

As of September 2016, he had gone on 28 vacations, spanning 217 days. Compare this to Bush's 'time off' (533) and Clinton's (174).

Undoubtedly, Trump's personal time will be closely monitored, but regardless of politics -- let's see how the Trump family's travels stack up to those of the Obamas.
Dear lord. Michelle obama went to aspen, shopping all over the world.... without her husband .

When trump goes anywhere except his house then come back to me. And when he and melani take delegate vacations then come back.
(08-22-2017, 02:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He has always been in mar A lago most of the time.    It's common knowledge down here to anyone who has been around.    

Do you have children?   Most of the time parents want their children to finish the year at their school.  Especially when they send them to elite schools.

Like I said..... when Melania and Barron go on a shopping trip around the world come back to me

So your argument is he lived in a different house than his wife and son?

He's on pace to outspend Obama's 8 years of travel by the end of his first, I'm not even sure what argument you're attempting to make with highlighting on trip.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]