Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"F*@% Joe Biden" Chants?
(09-09-2021, 02:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure it's real and I'm sure it sucks.  I'm also sure we could use the same argument to let a bunch of people in from Mexico, too.  I'm just wondering why the notion that we need to put "America first" is only being selectively applied.

If Afghanistan bordered the USA we'd have half the country telling them to suck it up and demanding we build a wall to keep them out.

Yes, absolutely. The situation in Mexico should be receiving much more attention. The strength of the drug cartels and how deeply they are involved in the country is a huge problem. It also isn’t just a Mexico problem. It is a Mexico and a US problem. It’s very surprising that we have a situation like this right at our borders but many people aren’t concerned about this, only illegal immigration.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 07:14 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yes, absolutely. The situation in Mexico should be receiving much more attention. The strength of the drug cartels and how deeply they are involved in the country is a huge problem. It also isn’t just a Mexico problem. It is a Mexico and a US problem. It’s very surprising that we have a situation like this right at our borders but many people aren’t concerned about this, only illegal immigration.

I get the DEA reports for my area and I can tell you it's out of control down there.  The CIA has given numerous projections as to when Mexico will effectively become a Narco state and we're near the tail end of those projections.  As to doing anything about it, you wouldn't be any more successful than in Afghanistan.  Trust me, there is a shit ton of interagency cooperation between Mexico and the US.  The problem is that corruption in Mexico is completely rampant.  I've read transcripts of radio discussions between cartel soldiers and Mexican Marines during a "siege" of a cartel stronghold in which they openly discuss the bribes the participants have taken and are now reneging on.  This culture of corruption is extremely entrenched and no outside influence, especially from the US, is going to make any serious headway in curtailing it.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 07:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I get the DEA reports for my area and I can tell you it's out of control down there.  The CIA has given numerous projections as to when Mexico will effectively become a Narco state and we're near the tail end of those projections.  As to doing anything about it, you wouldn't be any more successful than in Afghanistan.  Trust me, there is a shit ton of interagency cooperation between Mexico and the US.  The problem is that corruption in Mexico is completely rampant.  I've read transcripts of radio discussions between cartel soldiers and Mexican Marines during a "siege" of a cartel stronghold in which they openly discuss the bribes the participants have taken and are now reneging on.  This culture of corruption is extremely entrenched and no outside influence, especially from the US, is going to make any serious headway in curtailing it.

I’m really glad you responded because I was thinking of you when I posted that, in the sense that I figured you would be able to accurately confirm or deny that. It is a nasty problem and it’s right at our borders. The amount of money flowing into these organizations is purely absurd and I agree, I don’t think there is truly much that can be done aside from drug policy changes (which bring their own possible issues and don’t completely solve the problem). I’ve seen people mention direct military intervention from the US and that would be a shit show. Would the military kick the cartels asses in confrontations? Absolutely. Would that solve the problem? No. It’s much more pervasive than this, and just killing everyone has never worked.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 07:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I get the DEA reports for my area and I can tell you it's out of control down there.  The CIA has given numerous projections as to when Mexico will effectively become a Narco state and we're near the tail end of those projections.  As to doing anything about it, you wouldn't be any more successful than in Afghanistan.  Trust me, there is a shit ton of interagency cooperation between Mexico and the US.  The problem is that corruption in Mexico is completely rampant.  I've read transcripts of radio discussions between cartel soldiers and Mexican Marines during a "siege" of a cartel stronghold in which they openly discuss the bribes the participants have taken and are now reneging on.  This culture of corruption is extremely entrenched and no outside influence, especially from the US, is going to make any serious headway in curtailing it.

As God said when an angel pointed out dinosaurs would eat dogs - nuke the lizards.

In all seriousness, I feel like the quickest way to cut into the cartel's influence would be a mass legalization of every damn thing they're peddling and then home growing it.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 10:12 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: As God said when an angel pointed out dinosaurs would eat dogs - nuke the lizards.

In all seriousness, I feel like the quickest way to cut into the cartel's influence would be a mass legalization of every damn thing they're peddling and then home growing it.

Marijuana certainly.  Even now it accounts for a large chunk of their profits.  
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 03:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Those were casualties of war for a just cause.

These deaths were due to Biden being incompetent.

They died for the military lobby and that's it.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 02:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It's too bad that many in our country can't grow a damn brain and not emulate you guys, but FFS, the amount of classlessness and lack of respect is beyond-disgusting.

Believe me Truck.  My wife and I have considered re-locating up there.  And I mean seriously.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 06:21 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Believe me Truck.  My wife and I have considered re-locating up there.  And I mean seriously.

You just want to go up there so you can should F*** YOU JUSTIN TRUDEAU at a Roughriders game.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 06:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You just want to go up there so you can should F*** YOU JUSTIN TRUDEAU at a Roughriders game.

Busted.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 06:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You just want to go up there so you can should F*** YOU JUSTIN TRUDEAU at a Roughriders game.

They have legal weed up there bro'.
Reply/Quote