Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"F***" Paris" and some disturbing ideas.
I spend more time than I should reading through various articles online on all sorts of news sites. Some are legit and some are partisan hackery. Can't do a lot about that. What I find the most telling when I read these articles are the comment sections. It gives a feel for what people that take the time to keep up-to-date on world events think about said stories.

After the Paris attacks and the flood of articles about the Islamic State, I've noticed a few posts from African American readers that reflect a feeling in the BLM community that the media has spent sympathies on the victims of the Paris attacks that would be better directed toward the plight of blacks in the USA. There's even a catchphrase going around: "F**K Paris". A few posters even expressed sympathy for ISIS fighter, saying in a nutshell that at least they were fighting for something that mattered.

I've also noticed a real nastiness coming from the right. A black protester was beaten by security and removed from a Trump rally. Trump said that the man deserved the beating.

This brings me to my point and concern. With blacks feeling as disenfranchised as ever and willing to act against the perceived establishment, and the Islamic State in turn trying to spread it's reach in any way it can over the internet and on social media, how long before the two movements cross paths? I'd like to call this idea far fetched, but the "F**k Paris" talk made me think about it.

I think it's there's a decent possibility that these two groups will find a common enemy in the American establishment and begin working together sometime in the future. It's a scary thought, but I believe that the election of a president as nasty and derisive toward the BLM movement and just about any other minority could spark such a reaction. Lots of presidents and candidates get the Hitler comparison, but his suggestions and ideas really harken to true facism.

I think we are in dark times with little hope on the horizon.
(11-22-2015, 08:35 PM)samhain Wrote:  I've noticed a few posts from African American readers that reflect a feeling in the BLM community that the media has spent sympathies on the victims of the Paris attacks that would be better directed toward the plight of blacks in the USA.  There's even a catchphrase going around:  "F**K Paris".  A few posters even expressed sympathy for ISIS fighter, saying in a nutshell that at least they were fighting for something that mattered.

I am sympathetic to the BLM community, and I believe that these few you noticed are a very small minority.  Some people from the BLM movement are way over the top, and when I see examples of this I will point it out.

But there is no way in hell the BLM will unite with ISIS.  That is just crazy.
I don't see how they could coexist, just by the concepts.

One side says every black life is important, the other says to sacrifice a black life.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-22-2015, 08:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am sympathetic to the BLM community, and I believe that these few you noticed are a very small minority.  Some people from the BLM movement are way over the top, and when I see examples of this I will point it out.

But there is no way in hell the BLM will unite with ISIS.  That is just crazy.

I'm somewhat sympatheic to BLM myself.  I think most among them are generally peaceful protesters.  

The people I DO fear are the ones that come to the surface when all hell breaks loose after a disappointing verdict or a police killing.  There are protesters and then there are unruly youth and criminals who just want to tear shit up and beat the hell out of people.  I think the ideology of ISIS could appeal to these types of young folks.  Without strong leadership in the black community, there's a void to be filled in the lives of the youth.  Young people are very susceptible to shocking and anti-social propaganda.  
(11-22-2015, 08:51 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't see how they could coexist, just by the concepts.

One side says every black life is important, the other says to sacrifice a black life.

I'm not sure it matters if the ideologies exist.  ISIS is said to be excellent at persuading young people to join the cause online.  Do you think the girls in the US and Canada that have tried to hop on planes to Syria realize what they are truly in for?  I kind of doubt the kinds of people they'd successfully recruit to the cause would count rationality as a strong suit.  They'd just know that they get to crack some skulls and watch things burn.
He was not beaten by security.  He was ordered removed, and he resisted.  Watch the video..

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/11/protester-tackled-by-crowd-at-trump-rally.html

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-22-2015, 09:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He was not beaten by security.  He was ordered removed, and he resisted.  Watch the video..

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/11/protester-tackled-by-crowd-at-trump-rally.html

I remember when BLM made O'Malley and Sanders look like a couple bytches. Trump said they wouldn't do that to him. Did they not believe him?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-22-2015, 09:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He was not beaten by security.  He was ordered removed, and he resisted.  Watch the video..

Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
The world will always have some who are attracted to extremism. It doesn't matter if it's under a banner of Islam, BLM, KKK, Westboro Baptists, anti-abortionists or whatever. Very, very few of those are actually able to kill someone, which is all ISIS is interested in — killing those who oppose them.

I can't imagine ISIS and BLM teaming up any more than ISIS and the klan.

He is already on the ground when the video begins.

What a "presidential" way to deal with a problem.  If someone disagrees with you just have them "roughed up".  That will solve everything.
(11-22-2015, 09:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember when BLM made O'Malley and Sanders look like a couple bytches. Trump said they wouldn't do that to him. Did they not believe him?

Having a gang of your followers "rough up" anyone who disagrees with you is a total "bytch" move.
(11-22-2015, 10:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is already on the ground when the video begins.

What a "presidential" way to deal with a problem.  If someone disagrees with you just have them "roughed up".  That will solve everything.

I watched two different videos.  I posted the one recorded by CNN, as it would carry more credibility than the anonymous cell phone video.

And, I have no problem with Trump throwing that guy out.  Had he been an actual peaceful protester, we would have assembled outside the building, rather than trying to interrupt the event.  You act like a jackass, you get treated like a jackass.  I did find it ironic, that at a rally in Alabama, the protester was wearing a shirt that read Brooklyn.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-22-2015, 10:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I watched two different videos.  I posted the one recorded by CNN, as it would carry more credibility than the anonymous cell phone video.

And, I have no problem with Trump throwing that guy out.  Had he been an actual peaceful protester, we would have assembled outside the building, rather than trying to interrupt the event.  You act like a jackass, you get treated like a jackass.  I did find it ironic, that at a rally in Alabama, the protester was wearing a shirt that read Brooklyn.

There is no problem with having security remove the guy.  The problem is that Trump encourages mob violence against people like him.