Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F*** You Norman......
I've always been a big fan of Boomer Esiason, but after hearing him blast the Bengals on National TV after the game, and going on Sirius and saying Burfict needs a mental evaluation, he can kiss my A**. He is going right along with the NFL schtict of overlooking the more dangerous illegal hits on Eifert and Bernard and saying Vontaze is going to kill someone if he is not stopped. Turn in your stripes Norman, you no longer deserve them...........
Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Rules-Change-But-Not-The-Mentality

I posted this thread. When you look back at Ray Lewis, Jack Lambert, and especially Jack Tatum, it's easy to see how the NFL can change the rules, but it's more difficult to change the football mentality.

They called Jack Tatum, "The Assassin". The irony was, he was called that out of respect. Most players didn't think he was cheap or dirty, just a brutal football player.
A lot of his hits are illegal today.

Burfict's problem is twofold; he needs to learn how to play with the football mentality, staying within the rules, whether he agrees with them or not, and stop the foolish after whistle penalties, like twisting ankles, out of bounds fouls, and confrontations.

For me, if a player is truly passionate and doesn't want to do anything to hurt the team, then the after whistle penalties are inexcusable!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 12:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've always been a big fan of Boomer Esiason, but after hearing him blast the Bengals on National TV after the game, and going on Sirius and saying Burfict needs a mental evaluation, he can kiss my A**. He is going right along with the NFL schtict of overlooking the more dangerous illegal hits on Eifert and Bernard and saying Vontaze is going to kill someone if he is not stopped. Turn in your stripes Norman, you no longer deserve them...........

Outside of QBs, he rarely has anything positive to say. He's just a bitter old fart who thinks he knows everything.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 12:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've always been a big fan of Boomer Esiason, but after hearing him blast the Bengals on National TV after the game, and going on Sirius and saying Burfict needs a mental evaluation, he can kiss my A**. He is going right along with the NFL schtict of overlooking the more dangerous illegal hits on Eifert and Bernard and saying Vontaze is going to kill someone if he is not stopped. Turn in your stripes Norman, you no longer deserve them...........

still dont understand why no one is talking about the steelers and their dirt bag coaches and all the cheap shots they take every year
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:07 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Rules-Change-But-Not-The-Mentality

I posted this thread. When you look back at Ray Lewis, Jack Lambert, and especially Jack Tatum, it's easy to see how the NFL can change the rules, but it's more difficult to change the football mentality.

They called Jack Tatum, "The Assassin". The irony was, he was called that out of respect. Most players didn't think he was cheap or dirty, just a brutal football player.
A lot of his hits are illegal today.

Burfict's problem is twofold; he needs to learn how to play with the football mentality, staying within the rules, whether he agrees with them or not, and stop the foolish after whistle penalties, like twisting ankles, out of bounds fouls, and confrontations.

For me, if a player is truly passionate and doesn't want to do anything to hurt the team, then the after whistle penalties are inexcusable!

What did he get called for After the whistle?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What did he get called for After the whistle?

Nothing, but he should have been penalized for running the ball into the tunnel. If the refs REALLY wanted to screw us they could have even ruled that a safety.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:27 PM)Gwillednt Wrote: Nothing, but he should have been penalized for running the ball into the tunnel. If the refs REALLY wanted to screw us they could have even ruled that a safety.
No they couldn't. He was down by contact. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:29 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No they couldn't. He was down by contact. 

They could have said he wasn't. And under 2 minutes, if there was REALLY a vendetta against us, they couldn't have challenged it.
Reply/Quote

Boomer is not a Bengals fan. He is a big shot from New York and an NFL talking piece. I am glad you figured it out. Also, Boomer was as big a hot head as Burfict so funny how he did not seek mental help. He is a hypocrite and has no respect from me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Boomer is not a Bengals fan. He is a big shot from New York and an NFL talking piece. I am glad you figured it out. Also, Boomer was as big a hot head as Burfict so funny how he did not seek mental help. He is a hypocrite and has no respect from me.

I've truly come to believe that he just wants to remain the last QB to take this team to the Super Bowl.....
Reply/Quote

You know.....I was thinking the same thing this morning.  So, now I need a new avatar (no biggie), a new sig, and a new username......think how pissed I am! Rant

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He is going to protect the Cash Cow that is the NFL.

They are going to draw attention away from what happened.

The NFL has become Big Time Wrestling by letting a coach become part of the on field action.

The NFL are "Live plays", not 11 v 11 football "games".

The role of coach, fans and team personnel has just changed. They can now be used as part of the game plan and it has been OKed by Goedell by his lack of action.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:25 PM)tigerseye Wrote: He is going to protect the Cash Cow that is the NFL.

They are going to draw attention away from what happened.

The NFL has become Big Time Wrestling by letting a coach become part of the on field action.

The NFL are "Live plays", not 11 v 11 football "games".

The role of coach, fans and team personnel has just changed. They can now be used as part of the game plan and it has been OKed by Goedell by his lack of action.

I know you're being facetious, but this is strangely a good point.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Just saw how he said he needed a psych eval. Working in a Social Work/Mental Health field, that is about the most disrespectful thing he could say IMO. He is no way qualified to make that judgement, and I don't think because you play Football a little more on edge than most people is a reason for that comment. It's not like he gets in trouble off of the field, that I know of. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 12:08 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Just saw how he said he needed a psych eval. Working in a Social Work/Mental Health field, that is about the most disrespectful thing he could say IMO. He is no way qualified to make that judgement, and I don't think because you play Football a little more on edge than most people is a reason for that comment. It's not like he gets in trouble off of the field, that I know of. 

Kid has never had any off field antics. That's the funniest part about it. So many more 'thugs' in the NFL, but people are worried about Burfict.

Other than academic problems, I can't find any criminal record or anything... not very 'thuggish'
Reply/Quote
Norman Esiason is a former Jet.  I cannot associate his butt with the Bengals anymore.  He would be nowhere without the Bengals, he wouldn't be famous without the Bengals, and he wouldn't have his current job without the Bengals.  He is an ungrateful particle of excreta.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 12:18 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Norman Esiason is a former Jet.  I cannot associate his butt with the Bengals anymore.  He would be nowhere without the Bengals, he wouldn't be famous without the Bengals, and he wouldn't have his current job without the Bengals.  He is an ungrateful particle of excreta.

Can we make Collinsworth an honorary Jet? Eff him too. (A little shrapnel)
Reply/Quote
Ouch, it's rough being a Bengals fan.  The only noteworthy QB we've had that we are allowed to like is the one who has a Steelers Super Bowl ring.

(01-14-2016, 12:18 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Norman Esiason is a former Jet.  I cannot associate his butt with the Bengals anymore.  He would be nowhere without the Bengals, he wouldn't be famous without the Bengals, and he wouldn't have his current job without the Bengals.  He is an ungrateful particle of excreta.

I see Esiason as a Paul Brown-era Bengal.  Things have changed.
Reply/Quote
I used to see him in Mt. Adams in the 80's. He liked Adrica's, the Italian/pizza place. He was a massive penis, so I've never paid much attention to him. After his whole departure, and insistence that he be remembered as a Jet instead of a Bengal... I think even less of him.
Reply/Quote

The Bengals need to be blasted. They disgraced the city and the NFL.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote