https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/austin-blythe/10882

Daryl Williams
G
https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/daryl-williams/9535

Greg Van Roten
G
https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/greg-van-roten/7746
Reply/Quote
Van Roten would be a great addition to the OL, a true plug & play Guard.

Fowler would be a tremendous edge rusher in the 3-4 hybrid that the Bengals are committing to.

The rest? Pass...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wouldnt mind S Karl Joseph as another addition. Hard hitting S with some upside. LB market is getting thinner. My thinking is we will go into the draft with LB a high priority.
Reply/Quote
Isn't Darron Lee the OSU guy who was supposed to be the next Shazier but never really panned out? He does have speed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:28 PM)McC Wrote: Isn't Darron Lee the OSU guy who was supposed to be the next Shazier but never really panned out?  He does have speed.

Pretty much, he was a 1st round pick for the Jets and has been a bust. The Chiefs traded a 6th round pick for him and he barley played this season. He was supposed to be an athletic/ smaller 3 down backer coming out of College.  I'm not from Ohio I'm sure there are Ohio State fans on here that can give you a better insight to the player he was in college. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Van Roten would be a great addition to the OL, a true plug & play Guard.

Fowler would be a tremendous edge rusher in the 3-4 hybrid that the Bengals are committing to.

The rest?  Pass...

Fowler would be pricey, but that would give them a lot of talent along the front 7.

DE Dunlap    NT Reader     DE Atkins

OLB Fowler      ILB Pratt       ILB Vigil      OLB Hubbard

Rotation:
NT Tupou
DE 2 of Wren, Brown or Glasgow
OLB Lawson
ILB Day 2 pick to compete to start, Day 3 pick
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 11:25 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Pretty much, he was a 1st round pick for the Jets and has been a bust. The Chiefs traded a 6th round pick for him and he barley played this season. He was supposed to be an athletic/ smaller 3 down backer coming out of College.  I'm not from Ohio I'm sure there are Ohio State fans on here that can give you a better insight to the player he was in college. 

Yup he was hyped up coming out of OSU as that but it never really panned out. Has the athleticism just never put it all together on the field like Shazier did.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I believe Gareon Conley is still out there. I’d bring him in if the price was right as a backup. See if he can resurrect his career

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:17 AM)phil413 Wrote: Fowler would be pricey, but that would give them a lot of talent along the front 7.

Rotation:
NT Tupou
OLB Lawson

That looks really good on paper!!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:17 AM)phil413 Wrote: Fowler would be pricey, but that would give them a lot of talent along the front 7.

Rotation:
NT Tupou
OLB Lawson

OLB is a lot different than DE as the Jets learned with Vernon Gholston.
Reply/Quote
Andrew Sendejo, Minnesota S young good and improving.
Cornelius Lucas, Chicago OT young and Chicago hasn't re-upped yet.
Dante Fowler, Los Angeles Rams OLB eep a charger now. 14mil/1yr
Reshad Jones, Miami S Still young and was cap casualty.
Breshad Perriman, Tampa Bay WR Strong Number 3, helped Evans and Godwin set a team record.
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Chicago S Great Tackler and ball man.
Tramaine Brock, Tennessee CB Good Corner and had a good year after leaving Ariz.
Matt Feiler, Pittsburgh OT (restricted) Tendered at 2nd round pick, i'd pass unless we trade that pick for the last 2nd round pick, then do it haha.
Everson Griffen, Minnesota DE still got it and not necessarily a need, but would give Hubbard the flexibility to roam as OLB/DE
Vinny Currey, Philadelphia DE Don't really need him, but good rotational pass rusher
Jadeveon Clowney, Seattle DE to me Meh, but he will command more money than I think he's worth.
Jason Peters, Philadelphia OT Possible 1 year contract as backup for LT or maybe if he can play RT.
Adrian Phillips, Los Angeles Chargers S His play last year is getting lost in the shuffle.
Jayron Kearse, Minnesota S Doesn't want to stay in Minn. He's good

Fowler is gone now.
Reply/Quote
I’m hopeful the Bengals front office has been in talks with LB Josh Bynes. He would be a nice addition to this defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 09:45 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Yup he was hyped up coming out of OSU as that but it never really panned out. Has the athleticism just never put it all together on the field like Shazier did.

Lee is a great example of why the combine sucks.  Lee would have been a great pick, in the 5th round.  However, talking heads and talent evaluators fell in love with his "numbers", and failed to pay enough attention to his game play versus top competition.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Rotation:
NT Tupou
OLB Lawson

I like the look of this Phil, nicely done. Joe
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lee is a great example of why the combine sucks.  Lee would have been a great pick, in the 5th round.  However, talking heads and talent evaluators fell in love with his "numbers", and failed to pay enough attention to his game play versus top competition.

I still wouldnt mind picking up Lee. Could provide some help in a rotational setting. Maybe keep him and Pratt out there in obvious passing situations.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
De'Vondre Campbell is out he's headed to Arizona.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Give me Derek Wolfe, Vonn Bell, and a rotational guy or two at LB.

Swap picks with a team for a veteran LB. Use waivers for another LB or 2.
Reply/Quote
I've seen a few places they are looking at Safeties older guys like Reshad Jones and Antoine Bethea.

Also the Bengals are asking for a second round pick for Dalton.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
After reviewing all of who's left on the NFL.com top 101 free agents list, I've narrowed my current "wish list" to three players.

Vonn Bell - Safety  Tough, in the box type that can also blitz effectively and covers the TE rather well.

Derek Wolfe - DE  Bengals and Wolfe were rumored to have some mutual interest.  Lack of any news/action could be because of inability to get medical clearance, after dislocating his elbow, last season.

Markus Golden - Edge  Not sure why a 10 sack guy is still sitting out there available, but there he is.  The 10 sack year wasn't an anomaly, as he had 12.5 in 2016, before tearing his ACL early in 2017.  2018 his production was low, as he was still on the rehab trail, then missing the final two games of the year with an ankle sprain.  Cards failed to re-sign him and Gmen picked him up on a one year "prove it' deal, and he came through.  I'm guessing that Golden is likely looking for a long term contract, and might be worth the risk.  He's exactly the type of edge defender the Bengals would be looking for in their 3-4 hybrid style defense.

Here's his stats.  By all accounts, he had a fantastic season, and looks to have put any lingering injury questions to rest.  Not just the sacks, but 27 QB hits and 13 TFL.  Sign this guy up!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GoldMa00.htm

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 11:04 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Vonn Bell - Safety  Tough, in the box type that can also blitz effectively and covers the TE rather well.

Of the free agents left Vonn Bell would be my favorite add and there are people saying he wants to play in Ohio. You would have to think his asking price is high though...

Reply/Quote