Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI Director Fired
(05-12-2017, 11:21 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: When I stated I thought Trump was an idiot I overestimated his intelligence.

Just give him a chance. He'll smartier.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-11-2017, 12:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I agree that there wouldn't be a good time to fire Comey, just bad and worse. I agree Comey has lost credibility at least in my eyes based upon his public actions. However, I don't understand your claim Comey is wrapped up in the political side. He has overseen two investigations of politicians from both parties.

Comey's family has a green paper trail that leads directly to Clinton. There is no way or reason for him to remain "neutral". He should have excused himself from the Email investigations asap, even if he were to remain truly neutral, the trail is there and would be used against him as it has been.

(05-11-2017, 12:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: May I ask which decision you do not applaud?

That would be interesting.

Healthcare is my biggest issue with his politics for now, but I think that's more or less the Republican's pushing it on him than his belief.

(05-12-2017, 11:03 AM)GMDino Wrote:

The sarcasm is deep in this one. That was hilarious, but sadly true at the same time. The leaks are coming from somewhere.
(05-12-2017, 02:23 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Comey's family has a green paper trail that leads directly to Clinton. There is no way or reason for him to remain "neutral". He should have excused himself from the Email investigations asap, even if he were to remain truly neutral, the trail is there and would be used against him as it has been.

If the green paper trail (whatever that is) is indeed there as you claim, why wasn't it used against Comey?  What do you think should have happened to Hillary?

Quote:Healthcare is my biggest issue with his politics for now, but I think that's more or less the Republican's pushing it on him than his belief.

Trump claimed repeal and replace Obamacare Day 1.  He didnt' have a plan of his own so he tapped Paul Ryan to submit one.  Trump didn't have to go with Ryan's plan.  Trump could have said, "No, come up with something better and here is a list of my recommended changes." Or something similar.  Trump is the HMFIC.  He is absolutely responsible for his healthcare plan.

Quote:The sarcasm is deep in this one. That was hilarious, but sadly true at the same time. The leaks are coming from somewhere.

We may not know where the leaks are coming from, but we do know whose twitter account the threats are coming from.  Sad. 
From the FBI page this morning:

[Image: 18423732_10154734265427746_5063413788140...e=5976B8EC]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
"James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

Wow, man! Just, wow!

"Don't tell what you know on me and I won't tell what I know on you!"
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Lots of members unsurprisingly absent from trump discussions recently. Maybe they don't think it's so funny this guy got elected anymore. Maybe they realize they've been sticking up for a suboptimal leader.
(05-12-2017, 02:23 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: The sarcasm is deep in this one. That was hilarious, but sadly true at the same time. The leaks are coming from somewhere.

Mike, what do you make of the president threatening a potential witness in the Russia investigation?
(05-12-2017, 07:43 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: "James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

Wow, man! Just, wow!

Trump threatens Comey not to leak to the press by threatening Comey he will leak to the press.

If Trump did have tapes why not release them right now? What would they reveal? That Comey lied to Trump when he said Trump wasn't a target of the Russian investigation?
(05-12-2017, 08:17 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Lots of members unsurprisingly absent from trump discussions recently.  Maybe they don't think it's so funny this guy got elected anymore.  Maybe they realize they've been sticking up for a suboptimal leader.

Not at all, just tired of unending supply of whine in here.
(05-12-2017, 11:36 PM)Dill Wrote: Mike, what do you make of the president threatening a potential witness in the Russia investigation?

If Comey wasn't such an idiot, then maybe Trump wouldn't have to remind him what the law is.
(05-13-2017, 04:51 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If Comey wasn't such an idiot, then maybe Trump wouldn't have to remind him what the law is.

What law did Trump remind Comey about?
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/donald-trumps-tax-law-firm-deep-ties-russia-193450787--abc-news-topstories.html

So the law firm Trump hired to send the certified letter explaining He doesn't have any ties to Russia won Russian Law Firm of the Year in 2016.
I thought this was an interesting piece, in light of Comey's recent firing.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18274749_1533862853325570_5206763999418626060_n.jpg?oh=de236a6b806b8effb04da3139a1b1e31&oe=59B0CD20

[quoteAs the inquiry neared its end, Comey, who had closely monitored it from the start, requested summaries of more than thirty government prosecutions involving mishandling of classified information. He waded through the records, seeking to understand the cases’ rationale and how they had been resolved. In the end, he agreed with the investigators’ unanimous conclusion: Clinton should not face criminal charges...
Comey had his own ideas. Unbeknownst to his Justice Department colleagues, Comey had resolved to proceed alone with the announcement. Since May, he had been holding a parallel series of meetings with top F.B.I. confidants to thrash through his plan. He would publicly announce—and explain—the Clinton decision without Lynch at his side. “We had discussions for months about what this looked like,” Michael Steinbach, who retired as the F.B.I.’s executive assistant director for national security in February, 2017, said. “This, for us, was the best course of action, given the political situation that we were in—for us to do it independently.”
As Comey saw it, according to Steinbach and others familiar with his thinking, the public doubted Lynch’s independence and would be less likely to accept the decision if she were involved in announcing it.][/quote]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-12-2017, 08:17 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Lots of members unsurprisingly absent from trump discussions recently.  Maybe they don't think it's so funny this guy got elected anymore.  Maybe they realize they've been sticking up for a suboptimal leader.

It's pretty much a lose-lose.

If you do reply to the infinite number of Trump threads created in the forum you are a "snowflake that has been triggered" (Given, I don't understand that logic: "I was triggered by an event to the degree I felt the need to start a thread about it"....'What's this!?!?!?! You are telling me how stupid this thread is???? Sorry I triggered you snowflake")

If you don't reply you accept the validity of the thread.

Personally, I realize we are all in the same boat. If it sinks we all go down, if it soars we all prosper. I just don't want to endlessly bytch about it. But that's just how I roll.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-13-2017, 04:51 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If Comey wasn't such an idiot, then maybe Trump wouldn't have to remind him what the law is.

Is it clear here that Trump knows what the law is? It doesn't sound like he is unaware of the Presidential Records Act of 1978.

More importantly, what does the law say about the target of an investigation publicly threatening a potential witness in that investigation?

Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you view Trump's tweet as a proper public rebuke to Comey. Have I understood you?
(05-13-2017, 09:49 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/donald-trumps-tax-law-firm-deep-ties-russia-193450787--abc-news-topstories.html

So the law firm Trump hired to send the certified letter explaining He doesn't have any ties to Russia won Russian Law Firm of the Year in 2016.

It is one of the BEST law firms, Oncemore, one of the VERY VERY BEST.  A TOP law firm.
(05-13-2017, 02:22 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Trump threatens Comey not to leak to the press by threatening Comey he will leak to the press.

If Trump did have tapes why not release them right now?  What would they reveal?  That Comey lied to Trump when he said Trump wasn't a target of the Russian investigation?

I don't think Trump really understands what he has done. E.g., one thing, for sure, is that he has raised the issue of whether he is taping people/discussions at the White House. If he is, then those records must be declared, preserved and turned over to the National Archives. They do not belong to him.

We are a NATION OF LAWS, right? or is that only when it comes to immigration. 

The other issue is that the target of an investigation has publicly threatened a witness. Trump still does not seem to understand that making such statements to a fired FBI director is not that same as someone on this message board telling you to "be careful or else I'll tell the whole forum what you said in your last PM to me."
(05-12-2017, 07:43 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: "James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

Wow, man! Just, wow!

Just noticed your new sig.

Hit, hit, hit, and hit.

Knee highs. Mmmmmm.