Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI Director Fired
(05-10-2017, 02:06 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Who Trump decides to replace him with is more imporant than the firing itself.

John Putin is said to be one of the lead candidates. It's pretty well a tie between him and one of the Walton heirs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-10-2017, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you get it.

The timing is the key issue here.

That is where I get confused. 

Was it because Comey was on to something?
Was it because Comey requested more resources?
Was it because Trump had his Russian buddies coming to the White House and he wanted to show off? Kind of like eating cake and launching missiles with Chinas guy.
Don't worry folks!

President CEO has it all covered.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-09/trump-preparing-certified-letter-attesting-to-no-russia-ties?cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Quote:Trump Preparing Certified Letter Attesting to No Russia Ties
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Washington (AP) -- The White House says President Donald Trump is sending a certified letter to Sen. Lindsey Graham attesting that the president has no connections to Russia.

Graham told CNN on Tuesday he wants to explore possible ties between Trump's businesses and Russia. The South Carolina Republican chairs a Senate Judiciary subcommittee that is investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer says Trump has asked a Washington law firm to send a certified letter to Graham stating that he has no connections to Russia.

Spicer says Trump has no business in Russia or ties to the country. He says based on that Graham's inquiry "should be a really easy look."

U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded that Russia interfered in the election in attempt to help Trump.

Easy peazy lemon squeezy.

Certified letters are so much better than investigations.  People have told me. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-11-2017, 08:02 AM)GMDino Wrote: Easy peazy lemon squeezy.

Certified letters are so much better than investigations.  People have told me. 

I wish he'd write that letter asap.
What is a certified letter going to say that wasn't said in that article? Or face to face?
(05-11-2017, 09:22 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What is a certified letter going to say that wasn't said in that article? Or face to face?

I guess the legal consequences of untruths could be different in "certified" letters... at least that would be my hope.
(05-11-2017, 09:22 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What is a certified letter going to say that wasn't said in that article? Or face to face?

I don't know, but it sure is going to be a lot tougher to walk back if any sort of tie is found.
(05-10-2017, 01:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: http://www.newsweek.com/fbi-officials-say-comey-senate-testimony-about-clinton-emails-was-inaccurate-605918

I read yesterday the FBI is trying to correct Comey's testimony to Congress last week and I thought he needed to be fired. I think he mishandled the Hillary Clinton email scandal. His 11th hour statement may have been the tipping point during the presidential campaign, but that's just speculation.

If Trump's Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General can't trust Comey to give accurate testimony to Congress then Comey becomes a liability to the Trump administration during the Russian investigation. They saw the Comey Effect on Hillary. Better to get rid of Comey now before he says an (un)intentionally damaging statement than after.

Apparently, someone on Trump's staff read my post.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/deputy-ag-rosenstein-developed-case-fire-comey-own-113604691--abc-news-topstories.html

Quote:Sanders said that the president was mulling firing Comey for months, possibly even before the Nov. 8 election. But Comey's May 3 testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee about his handling of a probe into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server was the "final catalyst."

Trump didnt want to get Comey-ed on like Hillary.
[Image: faux.jpg]
(05-10-2017, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you get it.

The timing is the key issue here.

No I do get it.
It wouldn't have mattered when Trump fired Comey (and it was only a matter of time, as Comey is completely wrapped up in the political side and has very little creditability left), the whining/conspiracy theories would still be there.

Stupid shit like this is why I am no longer posting in here, it's good for a laugh.

PS I have fully supported Trump since day 1, and am still fully supporting him. In fact, I'm more behind him now than I was back then. I've seen what he's trying to do and I applaud most of his decisions.
(05-11-2017, 12:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No I do get it.
It wouldn't have mattered when Trump fired Comey (and it was only a matter of time, as Comey is completely wrapped up in the political side and has very little creditability left), the whining/conspiracy theories would still be there.

So you don't think if Comey cleared him post investigation, then he fired Comey it wouldn't make a difference?
The acting FBI director just testified before the Senate saying that Comey had the full confidence of FBI agents, contradicting what the White House has claimed.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-11-2017, 12:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No I do get it.

Stupid shit like this is why I am no longer posting in here, it's good for a laugh.

PS I have fully supported Trump since day 1, and am still fully supporting him. In fact, I'm more behind him now than I was back then. I've seen what he's trying to do and I applaud most of his decisions.

I agree that there wouldn't be a good time to fire Comey, just bad and worse. I agree Comey has lost credibility at least in my eyes based upon his public actions. However, I don't understand your claim Comey is wrapped up in the political side. He has overseen two investigations of politicians from both parties.
(05-11-2017, 12:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No I do get it.

May I ask which decision you do not applaud?

That would be interesting.
(05-11-2017, 12:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The acting FBI director just testified before the Senate saying that Comey had the full confidence of FBI agents, contradicting what the White House has claimed.

But he said three times the President was no being investigated.

[Image: beetlejuice.jpeg]
(05-11-2017, 12:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The acting FBI director just testified before the Senate saying that Comey had the full confidence of FBI agents, contradicting what the White House has claimed.

Not surprising given Trump's tenuous relationship with the truth and facts.
Comey's actions in July and October were inexcusable and were against the way things are done in the DoJ and the FBI. For that, his firing could very well have been justifiable, though the FBI director is often seen as someone that is "unfireable" because of the nature of the position. His resignation should have occurred. However, when Trump applauded his actions regarding Clinton and then turned around to try to use that as justification for his firing it is plainly obvious that he had a goal in mind and looked for justification for it. He did not fire Comey because of his actions during the election cycle, he fired Comey for other reasons. His motive can be debated until we are all blue in the face, but you would have to be a fool to not see that the reason given in the memo from Rosenstein was not the true reason Comey was fired.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-12-2017, 11:03 AM)GMDino Wrote:

When I stated I thought Trump was an idiot I overestimated his intelligence.
(05-12-2017, 11:03 AM)GMDino Wrote:

How old is Trumpity trump trump?  he acts like he's 15 on twitter.  lets just go around and bully people I don't like. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.