Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FC Cincinnati is building a practice facility but the Bengals still wont
(06-05-2017, 02:02 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: If people wont to be upset about not having one that's fine a lot of teams do but I really don't believe that's the reason why the team hasn't had more success.

Lack of an indoor practice facility isn't THE reason we haven't had more success, but it is yet another observable symptom of "the Mike Brown way" which is THE reason we haven't had more success.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 06:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Lack of an indoor practice facility isn't THE reason we haven't had more success, but it is yet another observable symptom of "the Mike Brown way" which is THE reason we haven't had more success.  

And also the reason players want to leave to other organizations. Like you said, not the reason for a lack of success, but a msg it sends.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 01:22 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Why do fans care so much about an indoor practice facility lol you're not the ones practicing in cold weather. If he doesn't think it'll make the team better than who can blame him for not spending the money on it? Maybe practicing outside helps prepare a team for games, maybe it hurts them, maybe it has next to no effect on them other than being cold for a few weeks a year? I'd bet the last one is correct, so who cares?

And I'd also like to point out that just because he owns a team worth an estimated $1+ billion dollars does not mean he has, does have, or ever will have a billion dollars to go blow on whatever he fancies. Now yes he's rich and could certainly afford to build it, but I don't think he's nearly as liquid as some people act like he is.

I guess my whole red ass about not having a practice bubble or something is the fact that it seems as though there have been games where the Bengals are all fighting sinus infections and the like and the opposition looks faster and healthier.  I am not trying to wussify my team, but if for no other reason than to have your team in peak health during the winter months.  I know, I know....the games are outside.  I just wish they spent more time training inside on timing, etc, than just playing in the elements.  They go to dome stadiums for games, too.  
Reply/Quote
Somebody remind me again, are Bengal's games played inside or outside???
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 08:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Somebody remind me again, are Bengal's games played inside or outside???

Well, most are outdoors, but some are indoors....when they played on the road in AZ, Indy, Detroit, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, and Atlanta...they were indoors.

I think the point being missed on many isn't just the arguing about cost and being cheap.  When you practice in the "elements" for multiple days, and your feet are wet for extended periods of time they can blister, and crack and be very uncomfortable.  You can have sinus problems, sore throats, and even have those turn in to infections.  

It may sound a bit wimpy, but I want my team in perfect healthy every Sunday.  Practicing indoors in the winter could help with that.

The real opportunity to partner with UC was somewhat missed, as maybe the Bengals could have used one of their three outdoor fields for a "bubbled" building and get some money from UC and have it be "shared".  I just hate that the Bengals are the ones that have to hop in buses to go to the UC practice facility.  They are the professionals.  It should be right next to their stadium/locker rooms/training facility.  

Just my two cents.  
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 08:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Somebody remind me again, are Bengal's games played inside or outside???

Depends on who they are playing. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, most are outdoors, but some are indoors....when they played on the road in AZ, Indy, Detroit, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, and Atlanta...they were indoors.

I think the point being missed on many isn't just the arguing about cost and being cheap.  When you practice in the "elements" for multiple days, and your feet are wet for extended periods of time they can blister, and crack and be very uncomfortable.  You can have sinus problems, sore throats, and even have those turn in to infections.  

It may sound a bit wimpy, but I want my team in perfect healthy every Sunday.  Practicing indoors in the winter could help with that.

The real opportunity to partner with UC was somewhat missed, as maybe the Bengals could have used one of their three outdoor fields for a "bubbled" building and get some money from UC and have it be "shared".  I just hate that the Bengals are the ones that have to hop in buses to go to the UC practice facility.  They are the professionals.  It should be right next to their stadium/locker rooms/training facility.  

Just my two cents.  

I'm quite sure their cleats have the same waterproof technology my golf shoes have....
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 08:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Depends on who they are playing. 

Yes, but their home games are played outside. I'm not against an indoor practice facility, but I don't think it's the be all end all people make it out to be. You can practice in the elements and then play inside, but practicing inside then trying to play in the elements does not translate as well. In other words, it's overblown....
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 01:19 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Beat me to it. But I doubt FC Cincy would allow that. They'll probably just tell the old man to f*** off and get his own.

And seriously, folks... In this day and age a division 2 soccer club can afford to build a practice facility but an NFL franchise can't? Is Mike really that cheap/stubborn/ignorant? Granted, we may not "need" a practice facility but it's the principal of the matter. It's not overly expensive and it literally couldn't hurt the team, it could only help.

Affording has not been an issue...   Where to build it is probly their big issue.      And really who cares do you are you out there practicing? nah  I don't hear the players complain about it.  the weather really isn't that bad here.  

We don't need threads every month about how we aren't building a practice facility unless your only angle is to take a shot at mike brown  which is lame. as this is nothing new.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 07:15 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: And also the reason players want to leave to other organizations. Like you said, not the reason for a lack of success, but a msg it sends.

Players leave to other organizations because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  not cause of practice facilities.  Get real.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 10:05 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Affording has not been an issue...   Where to build it is probly their big issue.      And really who cares do you are you out there practicing? nah  I don't hear the players complain about it.  the weather really isn't that bad here.  

We don't need threads every month about how we aren't building a practice facility unless your only angle is to take a shot at mike brown  which is lame. as this is nothing new.

I agree, the space is limited by PBS to build a large practice facility. The Bengals can do somethings inside also because they did add an indoor in PBS, just near as large as a full scale facility, but it has all of our weight equipment, kitchens, lounges and anything else needed. They just can't do a full field scrimmage, but they can get work done if the weather is horrible. The different units spend a lot of time in separate groups anyway so if bad weather, they could hold various group practices at different times.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 05:04 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I really hope they do tell him to take a hike if he asks.

I wouldn't be shocked if they did. Mike Brown isn't exactly well-liked around Cincy, is he?

Also, is it possible to build a bubble over the current practice field outside PBS? What would the cost be? Back in the day, Brian Kelly demanded that UC build a practice bubble (apparently he thought it was crucial to the team's success  Whatever ) and they had no problem finding the cash for it. Christ, if UC can do it... 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 06:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Lack of an indoor practice facility isn't THE reason we haven't had more success, but it is yet another observable symptom of "the Mike Brown way" which is THE reason we haven't had more success.  

I'd agree with that but I think there are bigger fish to fry than an indoor facility. If he'd change the Mike Brown way a bit and fire Marvin that'd be a huge help

(06-05-2017, 07:15 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: And also the reason players want to leave to other organizations. Like you said, not the reason for a lack of success, but a msg it sends.

That's news to me. Fans say that a lot but I haven't seen anything to make me believe that.
Reply/Quote
Again, every year, at the very least, 11 of our 16 games, are played outdoors. When you figure all 8 home games and the three away Division games in Baltimore, Cleveland and Pissburgh are all going to be played outdoors, then of the remaining five games it's up to chance who the opponent is and if it will be indoors or outdoors, an indoor game is a rarity for this team.  There is something to be said for climatizing the players to play in the weather. Face it, Cincinnati is an outdoor football team. I'm not sure practicing inside makes any sense at all really..... 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 11:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, every year, at the very least, 11 of our 16 games, are played outdoors. When you figure all 8 home games and the three away Division games in Baltimore, Cleveland and Pissburgh are all going to be played outdoors, then of the remaining five games it's up to chance who the opponent is and if it will be indoors or outdoors, an indoor game is a rarity for this team.  There is something to be said for climatizing the players to play in the weather. Face it, Cincinnati is an outdoor football team. I'm not sure practicing inside makes any sense at all really..... 

The Patriots play in a division that also does not have any indoor stadium, so they also have at least 11 games outside. However, they have had an indoor practice facility for quite a number of years now and have won many Super Bowls. If the goal is to emulate the Patriots...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 10:05 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I don't hear the players complain about it.  the weather really isn't that bad here.  

https://m.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Playing-to-win-Changes-bubble-Nugent-full-go-Geno-loses-sack/04419efd-e5c2-4b02-bcce-4a070e2384d0

Quote:Andrew Whitworth - "I don't think that's a big difference as much as it is just getting to go inside and throw the football and run the football and make cuts and you don't have to worry about falling down or being in the ice or wind or wherever every single day. Sometimes in practiceyou're trying to work against looks and it's hard to get the speed of the looks when everybody is worried about their footing or the conditions."

Quote:Jay Morrison Staff Writer

8:29 p.m Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013 Sports
SPORTS

CINCINNATI
Tuesday afternoon the Cincinnati Bengals made their second trip in as many weeks to the University of Cincinnati’s practice bubble, which is something they didn’t do at all ahead of last year’s playoff game despite even lower temperatures.

The team began preparations for last year’s game in Houston practicing outside in 22-degree weather with a 14-degree wind chill that left wide receiver A.J. Green complaining of numb toes and no doubt played a role in quarterback Andy Dalton getting sick enough to miss the entire practice the following day.

A UC official said the temperature inside the bubble was 70 degrees Tuesday.

“The one good thing about playing at Houston is that it will be indoors, and not where we have to worry about the weather and all of that,” Dalton said. “I think it’s good for us to go over to UC and get these practices in and practice in a similar atmosphere to what game conditions will be like.”

The bubble not only helps simulate the weather, but the noise.

(Reliant Stadium) was the loudest place we’ve played at in the last two years, easily,” wide receiver Andrew Hawkins said. “That’s good practice for us because it’s going to be hard to hear yourself think. You have to be able to be poised in the noise, as coach always says, and that’s what we’ll work for.”

Now you've heard players complaining. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 09:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm quite sure their cleats have the same waterproof technology my golf shoes have....

I'm quite sure that sealing off the ability for the feet to breath would likely result in wet feet from perspiration due to the more strenuous nature of football, and it could still cause an issue.  
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 12:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Patriots play in a division that also does not have any indoor stadium, so they also have at least 11 games outside. However, they have had an indoor practice facility for quite a number of years now and have won many Super Bowls. If the goal is to emulate the Patriots...

This may seem overly simplistic to some, but it is dead on.  If there is ANY advantage to be had, the Pats will be all-in on it.  
If only a handful of teams had them, you could do some analysis to compare how they performed in poor climates, etc, but the real issue for me is the health and general wellness of my players.  I want them treated as well as possible to get the most out of them on Sundays.  
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 12:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: https://m.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Playing-to-win-Changes-bubble-Nugent-full-go-Geno-loses-sack/04419efd-e5c2-4b02-bcce-4a070e2384d0

Now you've heard players complaining. 

And most know better than to complain.  

The bottom line is:  Would it make your players happy?  I bet it would.  I want my players happy and healthy.  

You could sell naming rights to it since you never did for PBS.  It could cover one of the outdoor practice fields adjacent to PBS.  I bet a decent facility could be built for $5 million.  

It wouldn't have to be a Ferrari, just a chevy of a high ceiling bubble, stable for the elements, and heated.  
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, but their home games are played outside. I'm not against an indoor practice facility, but I don't think it's the be all end all people make it out to be. You can practice in the elements and then play inside, but practicing inside then trying to play in the elements does not translate as well. In other words, it's overblown....

But how effectively can you practice. For instance it is rainy, cold, and windy here and we are playing in Houston. We cannot practice our entire playbook because the elements do not allow for some of the more intricate plays.

I don't think anyone suggesting building an indoor facility guarantees the Bengals a Championship; however, every non-fair weather team has one. Why do folks think that is/ They're not a smart with their money as Mike Brown?

As I have said IMO the biggest issue is mental. Players know if ownership is doing everything they can to make winning a number one priority. I don't think it stops folks from coming here or playing here, but it does effect the player's mentality.

If we do build an indoor facility I hope it is equipped with a door so we can go outside and practice if the conditions/ game location warrant.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote