Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FEMA Alert
Are people really that upset about this?

Yeah I get people think Trump will take advantage of it, but this idea started over a decade ago.

I'm all for it.

Just got the message and heard other phones in the building going off at the same time too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I got it, Waiting for it to say Kavanaugh confirmed!! :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-03-2018, 03:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I got it, Waiting for it to say Kavanaugh confirmed!! :)

I got Russian Spyware on my phone now!  Ninja

(Yes, I stole that joke.)
I happened to hear this was going to happen so although I forgot, I wasn't shocked. However people around the office were like WTF is going on?

What are people upset about? I htought it was a FEMA thing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-03-2018, 03:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I happened to hear this was going to happen so although I forgot, I wasn't shocked.  However people around the office were like WTF is going on?

What are people upset about?  I htought it was a FEMA thing.

Mainly because they feel Trump will use it for political putporspose despite it being explicitly written to say that can't be done.  The rest don't want the government to ever contact them because...GOVERNMENT!
(10-03-2018, 04:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mainly because they feel Trump will use it for political putporspose despite it being explicitly written to say that can't be done.  The rest don't want the government to ever contact them because...GOVERNMENT!

I feel lucky to not be on twitter.  If he sends one tweet I will lose it. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I actually didn't get it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-03-2018, 08:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I actually didn't get it.

Heard from more than few who did not.

Guess they still have bugs to work out.

It interrupted a phone call I was on.

They didn't send it to "Obama Phones". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-03-2018, 03:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: I got Russian Spyware on my phone now!  Ninja

(Yes, I stole that joke.)

When this happened in my office today, I picked up my phone and exclaimed "Sure thing, Don.  I'll be right there.".  A good chuckle was had by all.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I heard last week I think there were lawsuits to keep this from happening. Only because it’s Trump, I get it. But believe it’s a good thing. Usually I get these alerts for amber alerts, and I think that is all. Since most people have cell phones and there was a national emergency, it could save millions of lives. I’m with Dino on this and think it’s a good thing.

Finally, bipartisanship! It happened folks. WTF

Bit weird but today was the first time I heard about this as in when it happened. I probably have before, but just shrugged it off and forgot about it.

But just a few hours ago out of the blue, I went to On Demand and started watching the new American Horror Story season that has been on for 3 or so weeks now.

And all of a sudden in episode one everyone's phones were getting an imminent nuclear strike message. Then the nukes hit.

Anyways hope we dont get that message. Gotta love humanity and the ability to destroy ourselves within an hour.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Excelsior! It's good to know the tin foil hat blocked the mind control signal.

Mellow

Virginia finished 54th on the priority of states.  

(10-03-2018, 08:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They didn't send it to "Obama Phones". 

I had one of those (thanks, Obama!) but I had to sell it in order to pay for tens of thousands of dollars worth of medical bills. 
(10-04-2018, 02:12 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Bit weird but today was the first time I heard about this as in when it happened. I probably have before, but just shrugged it off and forgot about it.

But just a few hours ago out of the blue, I went to On Demand and started watching the new American Horror Story season that has been on for 3 or so weeks now.

And all of a sudden in episode one everyone's phones were getting an imminent nuclear strike message. Then the nukes hit.

Anyways hope we dont get that message. Gotta love humanity and the ability to destroy ourselves within an hour.

that actually happened in Hawaii not that long ago.  A lady I used to work with was down there with her husband on vacation when they got that message.  her husband was panicking, running around looking for someplace for them to go, like a basement or something.  She looked at him and said I'm staying here on the beach.  I'm already in paradise, what better place to go out?  She texted her daughters that she loved them and then sat down on the beach.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

*phone blows up at 3:47 am*

"LOCK HER UP!"
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]