Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FO Derron Smith Move Backfires...
Jim Owczarski‏Verified account @JimOwczarski 27s28 seconds ago

#Bengals lose Derron Smith off the practice squad - Smith terminated his own contract t become a free agent.

Not sure what that was all about. Keep an eye to see if it was a smart move and he signs elsewhere.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Meh.

That’s fine. He was coming to the end of the road anyway.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 12:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Jim Owczarski‏Verified account @JimOwczarski 27s28 seconds ago

#Bengals lose Derron Smith off the practice squad - Smith terminated his own contract t become a free agent.

LMAO.....this team is a dumpster fire right now.  Smooth move exlax...... Facepalm 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I can't say I blame him for just quitting. He was behind Williams and was better at playing the ball. Williams is a 1 trick pony that is just a head hunter that gets out of position on every single passing play.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 12:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO.....this team is a dumpster fire right now.  Smooth move exlax...... Facepalm 

That 2nd kicker was needed for that extra point against the Jaguars. Had we not had him...we might have only scored 6 points.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 01:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That 2nd kicker was needed for that extra point against the Jaguars. Had we not had him...we might have only scored 6 points.

Very true! I would have brought back Chad Johnson to handle the kicking duties and be our #2 WR....
Reply/Quote
Probably IF we needed a roster spot...Jeremy Hill is a guy I would have considered waiving.
Reply/Quote
Sigh I liked Smith... I don't really understand why they just didn't use Huber in an emergency situation on Sunday. Anyways Smith deserved more PT here and Williams should have played more at LB. I put this on Guenther for not using his best players.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Derron is a ballhawk and could of started here and played well and might of made some gamechanging plays.

Shawn is not this type of player, sometimes you should gamble on playmakers over run stoppers.

This was dumb by us, smart by Derron. Bet we see him making plays on another team soon, pick 6 for Derron.
Reply/Quote
But don't worry. We let the special teams ace go in favor of Hewitt and Cethan Carter (lol) because of special teams!
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 01:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Derron is a ballhawk and could of started here and played well and might of made some gamechanging plays.

Shawn is not this type of player, sometimes you should gamble on playmakers over run stoppers.

This was dumb by us, smart by Derron. Bet we see him making plays on another team soon, pick 6 for Derron.

You mean kind of like, Reggie Nelson?? 
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are reaping what they've sown once more. Smith signed with the Brownies. Maybe not the smartest move, but a regular NFL salary beats a NFL practice squad salary every time.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 01:25 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You mean kind of like, Reggie Nelson?? 

The Bengals build their roster like they're competing in the AFC North from 10 years ago. It's why Maualuga was here so long. They build to stop the run in a passing league.
Reply/Quote
He’s signing with the Browns apparently
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 12:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Jim Owczarski‏Verified account @JimOwczarski 27s28 seconds ago

Not sure what that was all about. Keep an eye to see if it was a smart move and he signs elsewhere.

went to the browns....  So basically ended his career before it began,
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 01:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals build their roster like they're competing in the AFC North from 10 years ago. It's why Maualuga was here so long. They build to stop the run in a passing league.

if that's what we were building for we failed....  We like a thumper LB  but it always seemed we were more focused on the DB backfield than anything else on defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 01:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I can't say I blame him for just quitting. He was behind Williams and was better at playing the ball. Williams is a 1 trick pony that is just a head hunter that gets out of position on every single passing play.

Agreed on Williams he’s not great in coverage. He always has his head down trying to make a big hit vs just wrapping up. Plus we just kinda just gave him a new contract and staring spot based off a small sample size of playing time mostly at nickle linebacker. While were on the safety subject what is up with George Iloka ? Maybe I’m crazy but when we lost Marvin Jones to Detroit us resigning Iloka helped soften the blow because I thought he was one of the better young, upcoming safeties in the league. When I watch the games I forget he’s even on the team sometimes, he makes very few big plays. Not sure if he just looked better playing next to Reggie Nelson ?
Reply/Quote
Wash, rinse, repeat

the beat goes on
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 01:43 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agreed on Williams he’s not great in coverage. He always has his head down trying to make a big hit vs just wrapping up. Plus we just kinda just gave him a new contract and staring spot based off a small sample size of playing time mostly at nickle  linebacker. While were on the safety subject what is up with George  Iloka ? Maybe I’m crazy but when we lost Marvin Jones to Detroit us resigning Iloka helped soften the blow because I thought he was one of the better young, upcoming safeties in the league. When I watch the games I forget he’s even on the team sometimes, he makes very few big plays. Not sure if he just looked better playing next to Reggie Nelson ?

I think losing Reggie Nelson is what happened to Iloka. Nelson was really good in pass defense.

Iloka and Smith aren't good paired together.
Reply/Quote
It always blew my mind that Derron Smith, a ball hawk coming out of Fresno St, was not given more opportunities. And the fact he was released over Cethan Carter is even worse. Why do the Bengals need four TEs? Just run single-TE sets and 3 WRs. If Kroft goes down, you'd still have Hewitt and Uzomah, plus you could always pick up a TE off the street if you desperately needed one. Now Smith is headed to Cleveland and the Bengals lost what could have been a future good starting FS because they were unwilling to give him an opportunity when he was healthy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote