Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FO Derron Smith Move Backfires...
(11-10-2017, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hopefully we don't see this anymore when Marv leaves, cause you are spot on here Bengalhoel.

I actually thought that maybe Shawn might be solid after Reggie left but it was a much bigger loss than i thought.

It is a passing league and you need your Safeties to make gamechanging plays when they get a chance.

Dropping pick 6's is a big no no. Have to make best of these opportunities that don't come around often.

Yeah, we have dropped plenty of int's this year. I just cant handle watching our defense always on their heels. If we dont get pressure there is Zero chance of stopping the other team.

As long as the QB can run around for a second, that TE is always going to be open. If the other team runs a misdirection, the other side of the field will have holes all over the place. It is maddening to watch. My liver cant take much more.
Reply/Quote
bengals gonna bengal. nice work assholes.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 01:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Will be nice moving on from this MO.

Agreed, but so much lies on this hire....the Bengals are teetering on the brink if irrelevance for a long time.  Like last year's draft, they must nail this hire.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Still hard to accept the foolishness of letting Smith go like this.

For a backup kicker when many of us knew Bullock was not the one to keep anyway.

It is becoming a comedy show.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 10:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He actually grades out at the bottom of average on PFF. (72.5 or the #54 safety.)

Iloka grades out at 78.5 or the #30 best safety.

Neither are great...but they're not bad either.

Vigil actually grades out equal to Ogbuehi. 41.0. Actually Ogbuehi grades out at 41.1.

Yes Vigil is worse than Ced.

Jordan Evans, Jordan Evans, Jordan Evans.  I think he could do more not knowing what he's doing than Vinnie and Vigil combined.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Reggie Nelson is a special kind of player, we were fortunate that Zimmer was smart enough to snap him up from the scrap heap, and cast him in his proper role.  (on a tangent note, one thing that I always admired about Zimmer was his ability to see a good player, and get the most out of him)

With that said, Reggie Nelson is a tough act to follow.  Especially when you factor in the change in Secondary coach, at the same time it was Williams' turn to be the man.  Now, Williams was always slow to develop, he never "burst" onto the scene, at any point.  However, I did hope that he had matured enough to hold down the position while guys like Derron Smith and Josh Shaw made their way to the ranks. 

That is why i wanted Zim as HC here, he could recognize talent and he made sure players kept their shit together.

It is true that Reggie was special, but i thought Derron could be as well with his ballhawking abilities similar to Reggie.

He just wasn't a great tackler but that could of been coached. Losing Derron really shows what is going on here.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 12:58 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yeah, we have dropped plenty of int's this year. I just cant handle watching our defense always on their heels. If we dont get pressure there is Zero chance of stopping the other team.

As long as the QB can run around for a second, that TE is always going to be open. If the other team runs a misdirection, the other side of the field will have holes all over the place. It is maddening to watch. My liver cant take much more.

Need to be able to cover in this passing league no question. Maybe Fej will help and getting Jordan Evans out there.

(11-11-2017, 07:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed, but so much lies on this hire....the Bengals are teetering on the brink if irrelevance for a long time.  Like last year's draft, they must nail this hire.  

This will definately tell the future of this organization going forward. I still believe we are in a great position as long
as Marv and PA are gone. We are younger than both the Steelers and Ravens and have a younger QB with a tough
Defense and lots of talented players.

Get a new HC and let him pick his staff. We solidify the O-line and we are in a great spot.

(11-11-2017, 03:12 PM)McC Wrote: Jordan Evans, Jordan Evans, Jordan Evans.  I think he could do more not knowing what he's doing than Vinnie and Vigil combined.

You know it brother.
Reply/Quote
Derron Smith isn't an NFL safety..........we let go our 53rd player and Cleveland picked him up.........wheres the backfire ?

Fake News !
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This will definately tell the future of this organization going forward. I still believe we are in a great position as long
as Marv and PA are gone. We are younger than both the Steelers and Ravens and have a younger QB with a tough
Defense and lots of talented players.

Get a new HC and let him pick his staff. We solidify the O-line and we are in a great spot.

I not only agree with this but believe it should help in outside coaching candidates wanting to take this job.  There is a long leash, and you have a damn good roster.  A good coach could get this team going overnight, as we have seen in Buffalo, LA, and Jax.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 01:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That 2nd kicker was needed for that extra point against the Jaguars. Had we not had him...we might have only scored 6 points.

Of course, we might have scored 8. Sad

Reply/Quote