Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fair Warning......
Prior to the start of the season, the board had a discussion on what it would take for Taylor's supporters to continue to support him. My number was 9 wins. My season prediction, which I caught a lot of flack over, was 9-10 wins. Well, here we are, one more win gets us to 9....... you may have to put up with my homerism next year as well, as I fully expect 1 or 2 more wins...... Wink Tongue Rock On Tiger Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Prior to the start of the season, the board had a discussion on what it would take for Taylor's supporters to continue to support him. My number was 9 wins. My season prediction, which I caught a lot of flack over, was 9-10 wins. Well, here we are, one more win gets us to 9....... you may have to put up with my homerism next year as well, as I fully expect 1 or 2 more wins...... Wink Tongue Rock On Tiger Who Dey

Don’t jinx us Sled
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:52 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Don’t jinx us Sled

No jinx.... I have all the superstitions covered. Wink
Reply/Quote
Aaaaaaaand we get stuck at 8. Smirk
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:58 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Aaaaaaaand we get stuck at 8.  Smirk

Never fear....

[Image: Jobu.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No jinx.... I have all the superstitions covered. Wink

I am superstitioned out. Wear these socks because we won, don't wear those socks anymore cause we lost. Wash jersey, don't wash jersey. Wear this undershirt, holy crap, we lost, never wear that shirt again. Last year, I actually wore a shirt back to back weeks and we lost both games and I seriously started a fire and burned it. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Prior to the start of the season, the board had a discussion on what it would take for Taylor's supporters to continue to support him. My number was 9 wins. My season prediction, which I caught a lot of flack over, was 9-10 wins. Well, here we are, one more win gets us to 9....... you may have to put up with my homerism next year as well, as I fully expect 1 or 2 more wins...... Wink  Tongue  Rock On  Tiger  Who Dey

You were crazy for predicting 9 to 10 wins. History wasn't on your side. I am as happy as can be that you were right (well, 1 win to go). I'm still leery of Zac as head coach, but the truth is I'd probably be leery of any Bengals head coach because of the team's history of losing.

Joe Props though that your homerism accurately predicted the win total. My lesson learned is to attempt to be a more positive fan!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:22 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You were crazy for predicting 9 to 10 wins. History wasn't on your side. I am as happy as can be that you were right (well, 1 win to go). I'm still leery of Zac as head coach, but the truth is I'd probably be leery of any Bengals head coach because of the team's history of losing.

Let's be honest. Zac had coached this team to 2 losing seasons with 2 and 4 wins in each respectively. The talent was there after this offseason to have a good team, but it was perfectly understandable and reasonable to expect another losing season this year.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:38 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Let's be honest. Zac had coached this team to 2 losing seasons with 2 and 4 wins in each respectively. The talent was there after this offseason to have a good team, but it was perfectly understandable and reasonable to expect another losing season this year.

Yup, which is what I thought would happen. I thought Zac would totally flounder and flop. I figured we'd already be at 10 losses by now. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:09 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I am superstitioned out. Wear these socks because we won, don't wear those socks anymore cause we lost. Wash jersey, don't wash jersey. Wear this undershirt, holy crap, we lost, never wear that shirt again. Last year, I actually wore a shirt back to back weeks and we lost both games and I seriously started a fire and burned it. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

EVERY superstition I've ever had has been "busted" with a loss.  I eventually ran out of superstitions... thankfully.
Reply/Quote
Taylor should and will be coming back next year. I understand he needs to continue to improve as OC but as HC he has been very effective so far in three key areas

1. Developing a rookie Qb in Burrow: you can tell they have a strong relationship and he has been open to Burrow and his vision and has guided him well over these two years.
2. Draft: Overall the draft of the past 3 years has been a solid draft, you are not going to hit on every pick but he has impact players from every year.
3. FA it is easy to spend money on FA but harder to get a return for your investment... Under Taylor we have gotten early returns and if you throw in getting Hill for Price, what a great trade.

Hope Bengals finish strong but regardless ZT as earned his stripes this year
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:38 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Let's be honest. Zac had coached this team to 2 losing seasons with 2 and 4 wins in each respectively. The talent was there after this offseason to have a good team, but it was perfectly understandable and reasonable to expect another losing season this year.

For me, it's all about whether you're looking in the rearview mirror at where you've been or you're looking through the windshield where you're going while you're driving down the highway. I like what Zac has done with this team, and always have. He brought in the right guys, drafted the right guys (he missed on a couple, but every coach does) and he got them all to buy into the systems his coordinators implemented. They play hard for him. Those two seasons are behind us. We're on a nice sunny drive down a coastal highway. Quit looking in the mirror and enjoy the view is how I see it.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Prior to the start of the season, the board had a discussion on what it would take for Taylor's supporters to continue to support him. My number was 9 wins. My season prediction, which I caught a lot of flack over, was 9-10 wins. Well, here we are, one more win gets us to 9....... you may have to put up with my homerism next year as well, as I fully expect 1 or 2 more wins...... Wink  Tongue  Rock On  Tiger  Who Dey

If they don't win anymore games will you be on Mean Street?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:09 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I am superstitioned out. Wear these socks because we won, don't wear those socks anymore cause we lost. Wash jersey, don't wash jersey. Wear this undershirt, holy crap, we lost, never wear that shirt again. Last year, I actually wore a shirt back to back weeks and we lost both games and I seriously started a fire and burned it. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

I gave up on most superstitions back in '95.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:43 AM)GodFather Wrote: If they don't win anymore games will you be on Mean Street?  Ninja

My number was 9. That won't change. Though if they don't win any more games but put on good showings, I may be on the keep him but make him give up play calling train. 
Reply/Quote
Get at least more win and I'll start to have optimism.
I predicted 7-9 wins before the season started.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:40 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Taylor should and will be coming back next year.  I understand he needs to continue to improve as OC but as HC he has been very effective so far in three key areas

1.  Developing a rookie Qb in Burrow:  you can tell they have a strong relationship and he has been open to Burrow and his vision and has guided him well over these two years.
2.  Draft:  Overall the draft of the past 3 years has been a solid draft, you are not going to hit on every pick but he has impact players from every year.
3.  FA  it is easy to spend money on FA but harder to get a return for your investment... Under Taylor we have gotten early returns and if you throw in getting Hill for Price, what a great trade.

Hope Bengals finish strong but regardless ZT as earned his stripes this year

One other thing that he has been very effective with is penalties.  No longer do we expect that super dumb penalty that costs us a game.   I'm not counting that Von Bell penalty in the 49er game because I have seen several things like that in other games that were worse and not called.   But overall we are a much more disciplined team.
Reply/Quote
I fear if Zac keeps winning, we'll never fire him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I fear if Zac keeps winning, we'll never fire him.

what a terrible thought.. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Never fear....

[Image: Jobu.jpg]

Up your butt Jobu
Reply/Quote