Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Fairly Tough Defense?"
The defense took it personally

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 09:41 PM)pally Wrote: The defense took it personally

Was this something Tom said before the game?
Reply/Quote
I mean he was kind of dealing until the streak of flukey turnovers.
Reply/Quote
Flukey?
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 09:54 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I mean he was kind of dealing until the streak of flukey turnovers.

Only two of the turnovers were flukey. The two interceptions were just great plays by the defense honestly.
Reply/Quote
Captain Lou has one of the best coached defenses in the NFL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 09:56 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Only two of the turnovers were flukey. The two interceptions were just great plays by the defense honestly.

I thought the punch out fumble was good D as well.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 09:54 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I mean he was kind of dealing until the streak of flukey turnovers.

Flukey?

Ossai nearly snapped Brady’s arm off

Pratt showed incredible hand/eye coordination to pick that he was on his arse.

Flowers amazing to get down so low and keep control of the ball.

The only fluke could be fatty Fournette thinking the rock was a salad and dropping it.

Our defence was championship level in the second half we put our foot on their neck and didn’t let em up.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 09:53 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Was this something Tom said before the game?

Yes, but it wasn't meant to come off like that, but then again Brady knows exactly what he's saying.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 09:59 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Flukey?

Ossai nearly snapped Brady’s arm off

Pratt showed incredible hand/eye coordination to pick that he was on his arse.

Flowers amazing to get down so low and keep control of the ball.

The only fluke could be fatty Fournette thinking the rock was a salad and dropping it.

Our defence was championship level in the second half we put our foot on their neck and didn’t let em up.

Did we even hit Fournette on that fumble?
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 09:53 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Was this something Tom said before the game?

Yep. He said the D was "fairly tough." 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 09:56 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Only two of the turnovers were flukey. The two interceptions were just great plays by the defense honestly.

The strip sack wasnt flukey - it was great defense.  Great teamwork.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Did we even hit Fournette on that fumble?

Brady dropped it before it got to Fournette. 

Great plays by Flowers in the first pick, the sack/strip/recovery by Wilson/Reader/Ossai was legit, as was the hit by Ossai that led to the Pratt pick. Hell, their pick eas flukier than ours. Bates dropped an easy one on their first drive (and Apple a tougher one). 
Reply/Quote
Flowers was good today.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote

I'm counting the punt blunder in my flukey plays 
Reply/Quote
Fairly Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry but I just don't see being called "fairly tough" as some sort of big thing?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:02 PM)Stewy Wrote: The strip sack wasnt flukey - it was great defense.  Great teamwork.

True. Only one "flukey" turniver and that was the Bernard fumble he was not expecting the snap you could tell. The Fournette fumble hard to tell it looked like Tom let go of the ball before it was even in Fournette's stomach.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm sorry but I just don't see being called "fairly tough" as some sort of big thing?

I'm right there with you. Cincinnati is a fairly tough defense. I guess it is a slight to competitive athletes and fans who think they are the best, but I think "fairly tough" is a reasonable description. 
Reply/Quote

Two interceptions, a punch out fumble, and 2 other dropped INTs. Yea, total luck on our part. Cry
Reply/Quote