Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Fairly Tough Defense?"
(12-19-2022, 11:21 AM)Stewy Wrote: You can believe that, and perhaps the comment was taken out of context, but post game the Paul Dehner remarked that he heard "fairly tough" 74 times and ESPN have the comment on their front page lead.

You never know what's going to motivate players, but this sure did.

I wonder why it only worked in the second half then? 

They didn't look super motivated in the first half. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:56 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: I wonder why it only worked in the second half then? 

They made a goal line stand in the first half. Just sayin'.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:07 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Flowers was good today.

Yep. I hope he doesn't play so well we cannot afford to bring him back. Thiugh if we win the SB because if his great play, I won't care. 

I was looking at our cap sheet, and I noticed that almost no backups make more than $2 mil. Dax Hill does, and he's a first round pick on a fixed salary (and likely to start when Bates leaves next year). The only reserve we chose to pay $2 mil+ to is Max Scharping, the #3 guard we picked up on waivers right before the season started when: we were unlikely sure about Volson and had the cap space. He is a FA. Next year, Carman will also be over $2 mil as a second round pick in year 3, but that is it. 

So, when doing a projection in our FA's, I thought it unlikely anyone who is not a starter would get $2 million or more. Bates, Bell, Pratt, Hurst, and Apple are all starters and all will be next year, save maybe Eli if CTB beats him out. Perine makes $1.8 this year, and I think he may be worth $2 mil+ as a backup. More if we decide to cut bait from Mixon. 

Flowers is also at $1.8 and a FA. He is more of a niche guy. Covering TE's. But he does it well. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:30 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I guess, however they are number 10 this year in PPG.  I’d say that’s a good defense.  18-20 would be fairly tough.

Below average is fairly tough? I thought it was below average.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:56 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: I wonder why it only worked in the second half then? 

Give some credit to Tampa for coming out and playing hard, after that humiliating embarrassment the week before.  Defense hung in there and took their best shots in the first half, then came out and imposed their will in the second half.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Zac was toying with them. And I think someone punched Burrow in the nose because he ended up with an injured pinky.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 09:41 PM)pally Wrote: The defense took it personally

Hilarious. We used it ha ha

I heard someone try and say Tom said "really tough" Defense instead but we still took it as "fairly tough".  Hilarious

Hope the Patriots say something stupid this week.
Reply/Quote