BURROW
BOYD
HURST
HUBBARD
TUFELE
HUBBARD
OTHER
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Falcons Game Game Ball
Burrow had a game that will vault him in the top 3-4 names in the mid season MVP conversation, and he’ll deserve the hype that he’s going to get after this week. 500+ total yards. 4 total TDs. 81% completion percentage. I don’t see how you can vote for anyone else.

With that said…Boyd and Chase both had incredible games. Most weeks, I would go with them…I just can’t when the QB has the best quarterbacked game in the NFL this season.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 05:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Burrow, but a good day by everyone!  Great game plan and execution today!

Probably our best game start to finish of the Zac Taylor era. Minus 48 seconds of game clock. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 05:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Are we really becoming so spoiled by Chase that he’s not even a poll option in a game where he had 130 yards and 2 TD’s? LOL

Anyway, it obviously Burrow. Sure the Falcons secondary was banged up but he still went out there and put on a master class today. If there’s a better QB in the league right now at that back shoulder throw he makes I haven’t seen him.

You are so right about JaMarr.  130 yards and 2 TD's.  Ho-hum.  Wink

As a former Bengal WR like to say:  Child please!

Chase and Burrow were both spectacular but I went with Boyd.  Guy is the best slot receiver in the NFL.  
Reply/Quote
Hard to not give Burrow player of the game:

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 07:01 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: You are so right about JaMarr.  130 yards and 2 TD's.  Ho-hum.  Wink

As a former Bengal WR like to say:  Child please!

Chase and Burrow were both spectacular but I went with Boyd.  Guy is the best slot receiver in the NFL.  

When I posted the poll I knew folks would say "where's Chase". I usually like to go 3 Offense and 3 Defense (unless a STer really shows out). I surmised Boyd had a better game than Chase, by a razor-thin margin. The 2 TB amazing catches and his getting us off to a great start gave him the nod. I think he was the first Bengal WR to go for over 100 yards in a quarter since Pickins.

Chase definitely had a better numbers game than Hayden, but given it's National TE Day and the fact that he beat the team and out-produced the player they kicked him to the curb for; I wanted to give him some love.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 07:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When I posted the poll I knew folks would say "where's Chase". I usually like to go 3 Offense and 3 Defense (unless a STer really shows out). I surmised Boyd had a better game than Chase, by a razor-thin margin. The 2 TB amazing catches and his getting us off to a great start gave him the nod. I think he was the first Bengal WR to go for over 100 yards in a quarter since Pickins.

Chase definitely had a better numbers game than Hayden, but given it's National TE Day and the fact that he beat the team and out-produced the player they kicked him to the curb for; I wanted to give him some love.

Plus, he helped cause the offsides at the end that allowed the Bengals to run out the clock. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner

Joe Burrow the last two weeks is playing Madden on rookie mode:

? 62 of 79 for 826 yards
? 8 total TDs (6 passing, 2 rushing)
? 0 turnovers
? 78.5 (!) percent completion
? 9.9 yards per attempt
? 3.61 points per drive

Those numbers don't even seem real.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 07:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When I posted the poll I knew folks would say "where's Chase". I usually like to go 3 Offense and 3 Defense (unless a STer really shows out). I surmised Boyd had a better game than Chase, by a razor-thin margin. The 2 TB amazing catches and his getting us off to a great start gave him the nod. I think he was the first Bengal WR to go for over 100 yards in a quarter since Pickins.

3 offense and 3 defense makes sense.  Our defense doesn't receive nearly enough love.  For those guys to shut down the 3rd best rushing attack in the league without Reader and Wilson...WOW.

Also -- no second half TD's this year?!?  Anarumo is a hell of a D-coordinator.

And I understand and support Hayden's inclusion.  What a great addition he has been.
Reply/Quote
On the one TD, it looked like Chase was just out for a job and the defenders didn't touch him.

That's a catch that 99% of WRs don't score a TD on.

He didn't get touched!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 07:47 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: 3 offense and 3 defense makes sense.  Our defense doesn't receive nearly enough love.  For those guys to shut down the 3rd best rushing attack in the league without Reader and Wilson...WOW.

Also -- no second half TD's this year?!?  Anarumo is a hell of a D-coordinator.

And I understand and support Hayden's inclusion.  What a great addition he has been.

The defense plays as a team. No real stars.

And I know we're tough on Bates, but he seldom gets beat.
Reply/Quote

Pitts should file charges against the Falcons organization at this point. They’re criminally underusing him. Only 2 TD’s in 23 games is mind boggling.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 07:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The defense plays as a team. No real stars.

And I know we're tough on Bates, but he seldom gets beat.

They were interviewing Cam Taylor-Britt and he spoke of the culture of the defense. The culture that’s been created on this team is so under appreciated
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pitts should file charges against the Falcons organization at this point. They’re criminally underusing him. Only 2 TD’s in 23 games is mind boggling.

Kyle Pitts was supposed to change the TE position forever with his TE size and WR speed.  And now he hardly seems like he is on the field

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

No need to explain. Honestly, why would you place a guy who was 2nd best at his position group for the game up for the nod? And at the end of thale day the poll could have been just Burrow.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 08:23 PM)pally Wrote: Kyle Pitts was supposed to change the TE position forever with his TE size and WR speed.  And now he hardly seems like he is on the field

He is handicapped by play design and personal. He had the corpse of Matt Ryan and now Mariota who is just not effective throwing the ball down the field. 

Like to see them put Ridder under center and see if he gets more out of London and Pitts.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 08:29 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No need to explain. Honestly, why would you place a guy who was 2nd best at his position group for the game up for the nod? And at the end of thale day the poll could have been just Burrow.

LOL

You’re never gonna get over that draft stuff are you?

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 08:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL

You’re never gonna get over that draft stuff are you?

To be fair the Flacons offense is the exact opposite Kyle Pitts would thrive in... now the spread RPO of the Bengals he would be excellent but as excellent as the much needed receiver of Ja'Marr Chase is a no.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Had to vote Burrow. He was definitely the MVP of my fantasy team. Lot of shout outs to the receivers and the defense. It was a tough matchup for the defense and they hung tough again in the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
Would like to give it to Boyd and even posted on my FB page he was going to have a big game today.

Can't vote for the entire Defense who is deserving.

Yet hands down it's Joe Burrow

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 08:41 PM)Synric Wrote: To be fair the Flacons offense is the exact opposite Kyle Pitts would thrive in... now the spread RPO of the Bengals he would be excellent but as excellent as the much needed receiver of Ja'Marr Chase is a no.

I was just talking about how much Murdock hates Chase (from the Chase vs Sewell stuff).

Reply/Quote