Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fallers and Risers Pre Combine Predictions
I wanted to start a thread and see who you guys think will have their draft stock fall and who will skyrocket up.  There is quite a few guys I have concerns about in the first round, but I will start with two and edit more in later.

Falling :

Mike Williams -  I don't like this guy at all and everything I see on tape is a guy who has some great physical traits, but very little in the way of technique.  I hate his route running because he doesn't have crisp cuts and he has like 2 good moves to create separation.  I saw many times in his tapes where an average college db was on him like glue and the only reason he was productive was because of his ability to get up higher.  If someone drafts him high they will expect an AJ green #1 and end up with a Laquon Treadwell.  I could see him falling into the twenties because of the talent in this draft and the fact that he's maybe the 3rd best receiver in the draft... maybe.

Cam Robinson - His draft is already falling because a month ago he was a top 10 prospect for some people now the guy is barely in the top 30.  I just don't think this guy is a Tackle and will probably get drafted as a guard.  That said how many guards are better than him?  I wouldn't be surprised if Feeney and Lamp go above him because they will grade out higher.

Going Up :

Zay Jones -  I put this guy on a Mock about a month before the senior bowl and I'm not surprised he is skyrocketing up.  The guy has golden hands and really good routes.  He also has a knack for catching those contested sideline catches with his feet in bounds which teams like the Steelers seem to always get.  My bold prediction is that he goes Higher than Mike Williams; I know that's a long shot, but I think he will be highly valued as a #2 option that always comes down with the ball.

Vince Biegel - I was gonna drop that Taco on you, but everyone knows his stock will continue to go up and don't be surprised if he goes in the top 20.  Lets take about a value current Middle round guy in Vince Biegel.  I think this guy could play as a OLB in either a 4-3 or 3-4 and will end u getting drafted in the 3rd round.  He has great coverage skills, great ability to rush the passer, and really has a good knowledge of the game.  Also didn't hurt he played along side TJ Watt.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 08:14 PM)Okeana Wrote: I wanted to start a thread and see who you guys think will have their draft stock fall and who will skyrocket up.  There is quite a few guys I have concerns about in the first round, but I will start with two and edit more in later.

Falling :

Mike Williams -  I don't like this guy at all and everything I see on tape is a guy who has some great physical traits, but very little in the way of technique.  I hate his route running because he doesn't have crisp cuts and he has like 2 good moves to create separation.  I saw many times in his tapes where an average college db was on him like glue and the only reason he was productive was because of his ability to get up higher.  If someone drafts him high they will expect an AJ green #1 and end up with a Laquon Treadwell.  I could see him falling into the twenties because of the talent in this draft and the fact that he's maybe the 3rd best receiver in the draft... maybe.

Cam Robinson - His draft is already falling because a month ago he was a top 10 prospect for some people now the guy is barely in the top 30.  I just don't think this guy is a Tackle and will probably get drafted as a guard.  That said how many guards are better than him?  I wouldn't be surprised if Feeney and Lamp go above him because they will grade out higher.

Going Up :

Zay Jones -  I put this guy on a Mock about a month before the senior bowl and I'm not surprised he is skyrocketing up.  The guy has golden hands and really good routes.  He also has a knack for catching those contested sideline catches with his feet in bounds which teams like the Steelers seem to always get.  My bold prediction is that he goes Higher than Mike Williams; I know that's a long shot, but I think he will be highly valued as a #2 option that always comes down with the ball.

Vince Biegel - I was gonna drop that Taco on you, but everyone knows his stock will continue to go up and don't be surprised if he goes in the top 20.  Lets take about a value current Middle round guy in Vince Biegel.  I think this guy could play as a OLB in either a 4-3 or 3-4 and will end u getting drafted in the 3rd round.  He has great coverage skills, great ability to rush the passer, and really has a good knowledge of the game.  Also didn't hurt he played along side TJ Watt.

me and u will just never agree on mikee Williams. He's a Keenan Allen type player. He's a legit number 1 on any team u put him on besides maybe 4.he dominated the lattimore and Humphrie some of the best corners in this draft and Conley as well. If he runs a sub 4.5 at 225 like he's expected he will be compared to great receivers. He's better than Watkins, Hopkins, or Bryant coming out. I do love Zayn Jones and think he sneaks into the first round he's probably the 3rd best after Williams and Davis.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 08:14 PM)Okeana Wrote: I wanted to start a thread and see who you guys think will have their draft stock fall and who will skyrocket up.  There is quite a few guys I have concerns about in the first round, but I will start with two and edit more in later.

Falling :

Going Up :

Biegel looks like a guy who just flat out plays. I could see him paired up on the outsides with Burfict playing some nasty football.
Reply/Quote
Williams isn't falling yet, If he runs above a 4.6 40 at the combine he will though. There are one or two "complete" WRs in the league, after that most guys rely on one or two "tricks" to make their living. Dez Bryant for example runs about 4 different routes, but he is really good at it. Beckham really makes his money catching slants on off coverage and running, or running the slug go and beating them over top. Williams will be fine in the NFL, he reminds me more as a Mike Evans kind of WR not super quick, but can use his physical skills to get the separation to wow you with circus catches.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 12:47 AM)Jpoore Wrote: me and u will just never agree on mikee Williams. He's a Keenan Allen type player. He's a legit number 1 on any team u put him on besides maybe 4.he dominated the lattimore and Humphrie some of the best corners in this draft and Conley as well. If he runs a sub 4.5 at 225 like he's expected he will be compared to great receivers. He's better than Watkins, Hopkins, or Bryant coming out. I do love Zayn Jones and think he sneaks into the first round he's probably the 3rd best after Williams and Davis.

This class of receivers is much better than last years and I just don't see anyone drafting this guy in the top 10.  I also wouldn't be surprised if John Ross goes before him, but don't get me wrong I don't really hate the guy I just hate him as a top 10 pick.  

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 10:16 AM)Okeana Wrote: This class of receivers is much better than last years and I just don't see anyone drafting this guy in the top 10.  I also wouldn't be surprised if John Ross goes before him, but don't get me wrong I don't really hate the guy I just hate him as a top 10 pick.  

Top 10 is always a weird thing. There could be movement, injuries, or simply other risers that push him out of the top 10.  Maybe he has a bong video release as the draft starts haha? I think he is still the first WR off the board as long as he runs a 4.6 or better, but I could see a WR not going until the teens as well.
Reply/Quote
Interesting thread.

I agree that Williams should not be a top-10 pick, but he might still go relatively high since there's no clear-cut No. 1 WR in this draft. If he runs under 4.5 at the combine, he'll likely be the first WR taken regardless. If not, I could see Davis or Ross going before him with a good combine. And there's a lot of very fast WRs currently projected in the 2-3 range that could go in the first round with an exceptional 40 -- Curtis Samuel, JJSS, Jones, maybe even a DeDe Westbrook or Noah Brown (stretches).

Also agree that Robinson might drop out of the first. I could see Ramcyzk going before him. But this is a bad draft for OTs, so both might go high no matter what.

This is a very good CB class, with as many as 8 with potential first round talent -- Humphrey, Lattimore, Wilson, Tabor, Conley, Adoree Jackson, Sidney Jones, and Tre White. I think 2-4 of these will likely drop into the second - White, Jackson, Tabor, and possibly Conley (in that order). I think Jones has the most potential to break into the top 3 (with Humphrey and Lattimore?) with a good showing at the combine.

I think Reuben Foster will drop. Projected as a top-10 pick in many drafts, his position and injury, combined with the fact that he's more Keith Rivers than Kuechly or Willis, will likely drop him to the late-first/early second.

At safety, I was thinking that Obi Melifonwu would rise (size/speed freak) and Peppers would drop, but that's already happening in a lot of mocks.

It's a very good RB class. So while Fournette and Cook have top-10 talent, I could see them dropping to the middle of the first round since you could get a Kamara, Foreman, or Mixon in 2-3.

Also a very good OLB/pass rusher class. I see TJ Watt rising to borderline first-rounder, and Tim Williams dropping due to off-the-field issues + situational player. I also like the two guys from Illinois, Smoot and Phillips. I could see either of them going in round 2.
Reply/Quote
Solomon Thomas is rising like a space rocket.  I see the Bengals grabbing this DE from Stanford at 9th, especially since Foster had surgery. 

I would not rule out the RB from LSU at 9th. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Taco Charlton has a good combine and is still on the board at 9, I'd give a high probability he is the Bengals' selection unless Garrett or Allen fall. Unlike Thomas, Barnett, and McKinley, Charlton has the ideal size that the Bengals prefer. They like their DEs big and long.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I expect Hassan Reddick out of Temple to blow up at the combine. He's a freak athlete, can play any of the 3 LB positions, has shown the ability to drop in coverage, and can line up at DE and get after the QB. He's my favorite LB in this class, and after the combine, may be a guy I'd be tempted to take at 9.
Reply/Quote
I don't really buy into anyone "raising their stock" at the combine anymore.  Most scouts go off the tape, and the combine just confirms a few things.

However, I do think a guy can really hurt his stock with a performance at the combine if there are already concerns.

The one guy that I think really hurts himself at the combine in Desmand King of Iowa.  I don't think he will show the athleticism that the scouts want at CB.  There's already buzz that he is going to have to play safety in the NFL.  I think a less than outstanding combine will confirm that in most scouts eyes.
Reply/Quote
Lattimore is in a tedious spot being number one ranked in a deep cb class.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 01:27 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Solomon Thomas is rising like a space rocket.  I see the Bengals grabbing this DE from Stanford at 9th, especially since Foster had surgery. 

I would not rule out the RB from LSU at 9th. 

I've been reading a lot lately that the Bengals are interested in a pass rusher. They're also interested in linebacker, but they have a certain pass rusher above them all. Which one? No idea. But I've seen a bunch of stuff about them liking defensive end in the 1st round.

I'd be happy with Thomas or Barnett. Thomas is more raw and Barnett needs to develop better counters and inside moves. But they're both great players and if they can refine certain aspects of their game, I could see both being All-Pro type players.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 05:48 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I've been reading a lot lately that the Bengals are interested in a pass rusher. They're also interested in linebacker, but they have a certain pass rusher above them all. Which one? No idea. But I've seen a bunch of stuff about them liking defensive end in the 1st round.

I'd be happy with Thomas or Barnett. Thomas is more raw and Barnett needs to develop better counters and inside moves. But they're both great players and if they can refine certain aspects of their game, I could see both being All-Pro type players.

Do not sleep on Malik McDowell at 6'6" and 285 he fits the mold for what we like plus there is a huge up swell for the guy to break into the top 10.  Ive heard some scouts say he's right up there with Myles Garrett.  If he has a great combine for his size don't be surprised to see him skyrocket up.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 11:46 AM)Okeana Wrote: Do not sleep on Malik McDowell at 6'6" and 285 he fits the mold for what we like plus there is a huge up swell for the guy to break into the top 10.  Ive heard some scouts say he's right up there with Myles Garrett.  If he has a great combine for his size don't be surprised to see him skyrocket up.

I love McDowell. I'm a big fan of him.

My only issue is that we drafted Billings last year, and I prefer him to McDowell personally. Especially as a NT to replace Peko.
McDowell would do better at Atkins' position rather than NT.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 05:10 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I love McDowell. I'm a big fan of him.

My only issue is that we drafted Billings last year, and I prefer him to McDowell personally. Especially as a NT to replace Peko.
McDowell would do better at Atkins' position rather than NT.

I actually think McDowell can be a very similar to a player like Calais Campbell who is a 3 day lineman that plays DE and DT.  I suspect he may be the 2nd best DE in this draft if he simply got more technique in college where he was asked to play to many roles.  The guy is extremely strong and has an amazing first step.  If he comes into the combine 10-15 pounds lighter and test well I could see him instantly being listed as the 2nd best DE in the draft.  A see Solomon Thomas more in the 3 tech than DE, but we will have to see what scouts say about him after the combine.  

Reply/Quote
I think Jabril Peppers will rise

I think Derick Barnett will fall
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 08:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think Jabril Peppers will rise

I think Derick Barnett will fall

I think Peppers might be a little overrated!
Reply/Quote
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/2/17/14639070/malik-mcdowell-scouting-report-michigan-state-nfl-draft-2017

The talk is already starting. Malik will go higher than DB(Derick Barnett) and start as a DE

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 11:25 PM)pulses Wrote: I think Peppers might be a little overrated!

Most mocks have him going late first early second. I think once he blows the roof off the combine; he'll easily go mid-1st; as coaches will salivate with what "their coaching" will make him. Michigan played him everywhere 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote