Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fanduel: Jake Browning not so bad.
Found this short piece on Browning pretty cool. If Fanduel is giving him some talk, Somethings worth watching (at least this week). https://www.fanduel.com/research/fantasy-football-3-quarterback-streamer-options-for-week-13

Quote:Jake Browning, Cincinnati Bengals

Week 13 Opponent: Jacksonville Jaguars

The Jake Browning experience in Cincinnati has started, and the results aren't too bad.

While he isn't going to be putting up Joe Burrow numbers any time soon, Browning proved to be a fine option for the Cincinnati Bengals. That makes him a fine streaming choice with so many key quarterbacks on bye.

In his first start, Browning threw for 227 passing yards, 1 touchdown, and 1 interception. He also ran for nine yards. Nothing jumps off the page, but against a Pittsburgh Steelers team that only allows 13.7 fantasy points per game to quarterbacks, it's pretty good.

The best news for Browning is that he will be set up for a far better matchup here in Week 13. Cincinnati will face off against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Monday Night Football. That's the same Jaguars team that just saw C.J. Stroud finish with 30.9 fantasy points. Considering the weapons that Browning has at his disposal, he should be able to do the damage you're looking for out of a streamer.

Jacksonville is allowing 19.5 fantasy points per game to opposing passers, which is the fourth-most of any team in the NFL this season. Those are numbers that have lasted all year, giving Browning a chance to really shine in primetime.

Whether it's 10- or 12-man leagues, the Bengals' signal-caller is a great option and could be the best of the week for streamers.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wanna be in a fantasy league with whoever wrote that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 08:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Found this short piece on Browning pretty cool. If Fanduel is giving him some talk, Somethings worth watching (at least this week). https://www.fanduel.com/research/fantasy-football-3-quarterback-streamer-options-for-week-13

Stats padded a bit with the late 40 yard or whatever pass to Mixon.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I don't think they are wrong. Is he good? No.
He took sacks he didn't need to, but every sack he took was on third down and none of them took us out of field goal position.
Joe Burrow had two games this season where the Bengals scored 3 points. And Browning isn't Joe Burrow. His eyes drop when he's under pressure and his judgment is questionable. There are very few QBs in the league who can ignore the pressure that the Bengals allow on the QB.
The Bengals played all 4 TEs again, in theory to max protect, and then failed to account for TJ Watt.
The Bengals have put themselves in a position where they can't win without a superstar QB. And Browning isn't one.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 08:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Stats padded a bit with the late 40 yard or whatever pass to Mixon.

Not to mention Chase saving him twice. Dude is terrible.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not to mention Chase saving him twice. Dude is terrible.

Oh yeah. Those two passes are probably another 50 yards.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:12 PM)puddycat Wrote: I don't think they are wrong.  Is he good? No.

The Bengals have put themselves in a position where they can't win without a superstar QB.  And Browning isn't one.

Very true. But, some fans scream we don't have a reliable backup. Maybe he is one in the making? Of course he needs more games and he's going to get them. Will he grow? He should. Would be nice to see him grow into that role where a game without Burrow doesn't guarantee a loss.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not to mention Chase saving him twice. Dude is terrible.

One thing to consider is it was his first start in the NFL. They will learn from his mistakes.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Very true. But, some fans scream we don't have a reliable backup. Maybe he is one in the making? Of course he needs more games and he's going to get them. Will he grow? He should. Would be nice to see him grow into that role where a game without Burrow doesn't guarantee a loss.

With this coaching staff, o-line, and defense, any game without a 100% healthy Joe Burrow is a guaranteed loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:33 PM)bjf123 Wrote: With this coaching staff, o-line, and defense, any game without a 100% healthy Joe Burrow is a guaranteed loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullshit. I get it's Monday and it's 24hrs since our loss, but cheese & rice, 2 AFCCG's and a SB? Come on man! Our coaching staff and our organization don't suck and guarantees a loss. It's not like they quit or are not trying to improve despite the circumstances.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bullshit. I get it's Monday and it's 24hrs since our loss, but cheese & rice, 2 AFCCG's and a SB? Come on man! Our coaching staff and our organization don't suck and guarantees a loss. It's not like they quit or are not trying to improve despite the circumstances.

What’s this coaching staff’s record without Joe Burrow? Something like 4-20? I’ll be shocked if they win another game this season. I’m not saying they quit or aren’t trying to improve. I’m saying they’re incapable of successfully adjusting to life without QB1. I certainly hope they do, but I’m not holding my breath.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 08:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Stats padded a bit with the late 40 yard or whatever pass to Mixon.

Not to mention the tipped balls to Chase specifically the 1st one. He also missed 2 potential TDs apparently from film clips. But overall he did okay I think. I wasn't and am not expecting us to win anymore games. But he certainly could grow with the experience. Especially if he starts seeing the WRs when they've beat they're man downfield.
Reply/Quote
His next press conference might have the red imprint of a hand on his face after watching this weeks game film.
[Image: 7.jpg?ip=x480]
Even he is going to be yelling at the screen in the film room ''Get rid of the ball, you f **** ing idiot!!'' 
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Now here me out…

[Image: 5c8477eb400aa01094bdfb33785a0de3.jpg]

:ninja:

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 04:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Now here me out…

[Image: 5c8477eb400aa01094bdfb33785a0de3.jpg]

Who needs Burrow and Chase when you Jake Browning and John Ross? 11-6 confirmed. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:43 PM)bjf123 Wrote: What’s this coaching staff’s record without Joe Burrow? Something like 4-20? I’ll be shocked if they win another game this season. I’m not saying they quit or aren’t trying to improve. I’m saying they’re incapable of successfully adjusting to life without QB1. I certainly hope they do, but I’m not holding my breath.

They beat a 1-loss Stoolers team with Ryan Finley and Brandon Allen had a complete baller game with Alex Erickson as the leading receiver.

They are capable, they just need the right player. Jake ain't it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not to mention Chase saving him twice. Dude is terrible.

Hey, Browning and this guy have a couple things in common....

[Image: I-MAKE-THE-LEAGUE-MINIMUM.jpg]
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Dude was horrible

Should’ve had 3-4 picks

Didn’t hit Yoshi wide open for the bomb

Holds the ball too long instead of giving a guy like Chase a shot at a 50/50.

Dude is just not consistent enough to be considered a good QB.

Yeah that dot to Chase deep was amazing but i didn’t really notice another great throw
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:43 PM)bjf123 Wrote: What’s this coaching staff’s record without Joe Burrow? Something like 4-20?  I’ll be shocked if they win another game this season.  I’m not saying they quit or aren’t trying to improve. I’m saying they’re incapable of successfully adjusting to life without QB1. I certainly hope they do, but I’m not holding my breath.

I see your point, but most teams try and build their team around the QB. I don't see where we or they are any different. There might be 2-3 teams in the entire league who might not see a huge drop off from using their backup QB, and those teams sucked already.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Very true. But, some fans scream we don't have a reliable backup. Maybe he is one in the making? Of course he needs more games and he's going to get them. Will he grow? He should. Would be nice to see him grow into that role where a game without Burrow doesn't guarantee a loss.

I think he would be better if they mixed in more run plays, it isn't easy on the guy when the defense knows what's coming the majority of the time.

Browning is not Burrow and the game plan must be adjusted to fit the new QB.
Reply/Quote