Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fans Fed Up With Tomlin
Ben is being kept alive by artificial means. Dude takes a beating. I'm half expecting to see a headline one of these days like this "Roethlisberger Decapitated on Sunday, Still Throws For 300 Yards".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 05:30 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: So, even if fans would rather win the Super Bowl, you're all ok with living on past glory.

Being from Pittsburgh I have to say that I have an interesting love/hate relationship with choosing to root against the Steelers.  I've really only noticed this live in the stadium, but when I saw the Bears play the Steelers in 2013 in Pittsburgh I saw the following:

Game begins = smack talk is about what is going on on the field
Bears are up 17-0 at the end of the 1st = Steeler fans begin asking Bears fans how many Super Bowls they have
Steelers bring the game within 1 score = smack talk is about what is going on on the field
Julius Peppers strip sacks Pig Ben, Bears score on defense to seal game = Steeler fans begin filing out while asking Bears fans how many Super Bowls they have

Don't get me wrong, I'm jealous as hell Steelers fans have this built in defense that never fails but if I had a nickel for every time some drunken arse put his booze soaked face 6 inches from mine and asked "How many Super Bowls do YOU have?" I would have enough for a moderately priced cup of coffee.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 02:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Being from Pittsburgh I have to say that I have an interesting love/hate relationship with choosing to root against the Steelers.  I've really only noticed this live in the stadium, but when I saw the Bears play the Steelers in 2013 in Pittsburgh I saw the following:

Game begins = smack talk is about what is going on on the field
Bears are up 17-0 at the end of the 1st = Steeler fans begin asking Bears fans how many Super Bowls they have
Steelers bring the game within 1 score = smack talk is about what is going on on the field
Julius Peppers strip sacks Pig Ben, Bears score on defense to seal game = Steeler fans begin filing out while asking Bears fans how many Super Bowls they have

Don't get me wrong, I'm jealous as hell Steelers fans have this built in defense that never fails but if I had a nickel for every time some drunken arse put his booze soaked face 6 inches from mine and asked "How many Super Bowls do YOU have?" I would have enough for a moderately priced cup of coffee.

Add your story to the reason I really dislike going to games.

I have a friend who has season tickets through his family's business.  The are in the endzone and the regulars there are pretty calm with the drinking and screaming.  Other than that I wouldn't want to sit next to most people in the stadium.  And that's coming as a Steelers fan.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 10:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: The offense is better than when BA was here.  

And while the 80's are never looked back on as the best decade of Steelers football by the fans...was it as awful as you would like to have been?

If you had to guess which team in that division had the best record in the 80's...who would you say?

If you had to guess which team in that division made the most playoff appearances in the 80's...who would you say?

Go ahead and guess

Cleveland...86-66...7 playoff appearances...5 division titles
[Image: 120415b.jpg]

Cincinnati...84-68...4 playoff appearances...3 division titles
[Image: 120415a.jpg]

Pittsburgh...77-75...4 playoff appearances...2 division titles
[Image: 120415.jpg]

The Steelers, during their darkest decade (according to you) were a whole 7 games worse than the Bengals.  And the Bengals were worse than the Browns.

But because of selective memory you think the Bengals were the best because they went to the Super Bowl.  Twice!  And lost.  Twice!

The steelers were irrelevant in the 80's. I don't remember one time they even mattered.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 05:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The steelers were irrelevant in the 80's.   I don't remember one time they even mattered.

Well don't let the facts and numbers get in the way of you memory then.   Rolleyes
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 10:48 AM)tigerseye Wrote: Big Ben is propping the Steelers up right now and there are cracks showing in your foundation. Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick.....prepare for impact.........losing altitude..........mommy...........help me..................boom..............this is like a bye week.         THE END.                 

Don't tell that to GMDino because he just posted that they'll somehow find someone to do the same or magically find a whole new roster with players that are good enough to keep them winning at a high level!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 10:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: The offense is better than when BA was here.  

And while the 80's are never looked back on as the best decade of Steelers football by the fans...was it as awful as you would like to have been?

If you had to guess which team in that division had the best record in the 80's...who would you say?

If you had to guess which team in that division made the most playoff appearances in the 80's...who would you say?

Go ahead and guess.

If asked a Brown's fan would you rather keep the record you had in the 80s or have the Bengals record and go to the Super Bowl game twice... do you really think they would choose their record over going to the Super Bowl twice ?  

The Bengals were the best team in the 80s in the Central by far since they accomplished the second most important feat twice (going to the Super bowl, winning it is most important of course ) while the Browns and the Steelers never did.

Cleveland...86-66...7 playoff appearances...5 division titles
[Image: 120415b.jpg]

Cincinnati...84-68...4 playoff appearances...3 division titles
[Image: 120415a.jpg]

Pittsburgh...77-75...4 playoff appearances...2 division titles
[Image: 120415.jpg]

The Steelers, during their darkest decade (according to you) were a whole 7 games worse than the Bengals.  And the Bengals were worse than the Browns.

But because of selective memory you think the Bengals were the best because they went to the Super Bowl.  Twice!  And lost.  Twice!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 07:14 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Arians was forced out by the Rooney's and the front office. It happened two years after the Rooney had to publicly insist that the Steelers would run the ball more. CHanges were minimal and Arians was forcibly "retired" 3 years too late. He's a great X's and O's guy, but was terrible with play calling and game planning. Tonlin could make up for his weaknesses/problems and there was a glaring whole with the offenses consistency and identity.

The cardinals and the colts the year he was there would probably disagree. Especially now the cardinals look sharp as ever.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 06:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Don't tell that to GMDino because he just posted that they'll somehow find someone to do the same or magically find a whole new roster with players that are good enough to keep them winning at a high level!

Or I would say what I said before that every team has to replace players eventually.  Some teams just have players they will miss more than others.  And I can't tell the future on how it will happen other than through trades and drafting.

But you wouldn't believe me anyway.  Again.

Rock On
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 12:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: Or I would say what I said before that every team has to replace players eventually.  Some teams just have players they will miss more than others.  And I can't tell the future on how it will happen other than through trades and drafting.

But you wouldn't believe me anyway.  Again.

Rock On

All teams have to replace pieces, sometimes bigger than others, but most teams have a solid foundation.

Outside of Brown and Bell, you don't have a foundation, and they won't be as successful without Ben extending plays or having a big arm, or his ability to keep defenses from loading the box.

Who do you plan on trading to get value?  Draft picks?  

You haven't been drafting as good, so that kind of kills that.

Keep living in the fantasy that it will just work out because "it always does."  

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 11:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The cardinals and the colts the year he was there would probably disagree. Especially now the cardinals look sharp as ever.
"was" as in when he was the Steelers OC.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 11:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The cardinals and the colts the year he was there would probably disagree. Especially now the cardinals look sharp as ever.
"was" as in when he was the Steelers OC.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 01:05 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: All teams have to replace pieces, sometimes bigger than others, but most teams have a solid foundation.

Outside of Brown and Bell, you don't have a foundation, and they won't be as successful without Ben extending plays or having a big arm, or his ability to keep defenses from loading the box.

Who do you plan on trading to get value?  Draft picks?  

You haven't been drafting as good, so that kind of kills that.

Keep living in the fantasy that it will just work out because "it always does."  

Rock On

Can I have tonight's lottery numbers too?

I mean since you know the future and all.

Hilarious
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 11:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Can I have tonight's lottery numbers too?

I mean since you know the future and all.

Hilarious

lol.

You keep digging yourself deeper and deeper because you just avoid logic and questions with the "it will work itself out because it always does" reasoning.

Keep it up because it's very comical  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 02:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol.

You keep digging yourself deeper and deeper because you just avoid logic and questions with the "it will work itself out because it always does" reasoning.

Keep it up because it's very comical  ThumbsUp

Brad if you had even read and tried to comprehend what I wrote in response to you you'd know how dumb you sound when write these things.

Take your time and go back and re-read my responses.  

And have a great day!
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 09:53 AM)6andcounting Wrote: "was" as in when he was the Steelers OC.

Well I know that the steelers used to be much more scary on offense when he was there.    Facing you guys two times a year I have noticed your offense not being as potent.   This year they are good but In the Arians years it seemed like a Machine.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 08:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Brad if you had even read and tried to comprehend what I wrote in response to you you'd know how dumb you sound when write these things.

Take your time and go back and re-read my responses.  

And have a great day!

He's 15.  You're not gonna get him to understand anything.

(12-05-2015, 08:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well I know that the steelers used to be much more scary on offense when he was there.    Facing you guys two times a year I have noticed your offense not being as potent.   This year they are good but In the Arians years it seemed like a Machine.

Hmmm, I don't know about that.  Maybe it's just me, but they seem a lot more dangerous this year than I remember from previous years.
Reply/Quote
Take Big Ben away from the Steelers and they're a weak team. Big Ben is carrying that franchise and he is looking old. He has been a great player. But his time is running out. Your crutch is going to be gone soon.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 11:32 AM)tigerseye Wrote: Take Big Ben away from the Steelers and they're a weak team. Big Ben is carrying that franchise and he is looking old. He has been a great player. But his time is running out. Your crutch is going to be gone soon.

Take away Brady from New England and they're a weak team. The Steelers won a game with Vick and one with Landry Jones at qb. I believe they were both 1-1 as starters these season. It takes a hec of a talented team to go .500 with Vick or Jones at qb.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 08:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well I know that the steelers used to be much more scary on offense when he was there.    Facing you guys two times a year I have noticed your offense not being as potent.   This year they are good but In the Arians years it seemed like a Machine.

The only ones scared of watching a Steelers offense that didn't run the ball, didn't throw to Heath Miller and called 5 step drop deep passes on 3rd and 1 against the blitz were Steelers fans.
Reply/Quote