Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fans Fed Up With Tomlin
(12-09-2015, 03:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True or false:

Bruce Arians and Dick Lebau are retired from coaching football.

True or false:

Anyone else here but you cares. 
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 03:19 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: True or false:

Anyone else here but you cares. 

I've seen real people in real life actually debate the topic with me rather than plug their ears and repeat "no one cares la la la la la la" so I guess I'll have to hinge my value of this topic upon that rather than this particular message board.  You are correct though, no one seems to give a rat's ass about it right now.

Maybe if Marvin Lewis goes one 'n' done in the playoffs and then "retires" to take a HC job with the Rams you'll care?  Maybe not. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 03:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've seen real people in real life actually debate the topic with me rather than plug their ears and repeat "no one cares la la la la la la" so I guess I'll have to hinge my value of this topic upon that rather than this particular message board.  You are correct though, no one seems to give a rat's ass about it right now.

Maybe if Marvin Lewis goes one 'n' done in the playoffs and then "retires" to take a HC job with the Rams you'll care?  Maybe not. 

What exactly are we debating here?  Seriously.  Whether or not Bruce and Dick were fired or actually retired?  I don't think I ever actually weighed in on the topic other that to say who cares.  Seriously?  I also fail to see how it has any direct relation to the discussion earlier.  It sure seems like it's real important to you though.  SO much so you ignore every post that I have made aside from ones indicating my relative care level being at zero.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 03:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe if Marvin Lewis goes one 'n' done in the playoffs and then "retires" to take a HC job with the Rams you'll care?  Maybe not. 

I won't care if they call it a retirement and later he takes a HC job elsewhere.....I will care that he no longer is the HC for the Bengals and will comment on that most likely.  More so in the fashion of "what took so long?"

Reply/Quote
Someone has taken way too much of an interest in a non-issue from another team that happened 1 and 3 years ago.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 04:01 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Someone has taken way too much of an interest in a non-issue from another team that happened 1 and 3 years ago.

You protest so much it makes one question who you are trying to convince.... Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 11:27 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Mike Munchak has been one of the most influential persons as to the success of this offence.  Combined with Haley's quick passes to the mismatch and Ben's buy in to the scheme while having the ability to audible into the better matchup.

(12-09-2015, 04:01 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Someone has taken way too much of an interest in a non-issue from another team that happened 1 and 3 years ago.

By the way...I'd like to hear your thoughts on my post from earlier...You know before the whole fired, retired thing.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 03:55 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: What exactly are we debating here?  Seriously.  Whether or not Bruce and Dick were fired or actually retired?  I don't think I ever actually weighed in on the topic other that to say who cares.  Seriously?  I also fail to see how it has any direct relation to the discussion earlier.  It sure seems like it's real important to you though.  SO much so you ignore every post that I have made aside from ones indicating my relative care level being at zero.

Meh, I guess I don't care about whatever else you are discussing.  So be it.  Back to your discussion.

Oh, I remember what brought this up...it was me wondering how they'd make it look like Tomlin "retired" if they wanted to can him. Tomlin isn't old enough to "retire" so that's why I was wondering if the Steelers would actually fire a head coach if they wanted to. Noll legit retired, Cowher legit retired (for reasons that became clear, a year or so later), then Arians and Lebeau "retired" and Tomlin might be on shaky-ish ground which is odd for a Steelers HC since they usually coach for a long time and retire.

That was my point. I think it might be semi-relevant but meh. Maybe not. Anyways, back to whatever you were on about.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 04:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I guess I don't care about whatever else you are discussing.  So be it.  Back to your discussion.

Oh, I remember what brought this up...it was me wondering how they'd make it look like Tomlin "retired" if they wanted to can him. Tomlin isn't old enough to "retire" so that's why I was wondering if the Steelers would actually fire a head coach if they wanted to. Noll legit retired, Cowher legit retired (for reasons that became clear, a year or so later), then Arians and Lebeau "retired" and Tomlin might be on shaky-ish ground which is odd for a Steelers HC since they usually coach for a long time and retire.

That was my point. I think it might be semi-relevant but meh. Maybe not. Anyways, back to whatever you were on about.

well i believe so far they have just let contracts expire
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 04:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh, I remember what brought this up...it was me wondering how they'd make it look like Tomlin "retired" if they wanted to can him.  Tomlin isn't old enough to "retire" so that's why I was wondering if the Steelers would actually fire a head coach if they wanted to.  Noll legit retired, Cowher legit retired (for reasons that became clear, a year or so later), then Arians and Lebeau "retired" and Tomlin might be on shaky-ish ground which is odd for a Steelers HC since they usually coach for a long time and retire.

That was my point.  I think it might be semi-relevant but meh.  Maybe not.  Anyways, back to whatever you were on about.

At what point did you say this anywhere but in this post?

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 05:27 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: At what point did you say this anywhere but in this post?

It started off with me mentioning Arians' success and off-handedly saying how the fact that he is one of the more successful HC's in the NFL, and has been since he left Pittsburgh (well OC and interim, in Indy) makes the whole "he retired" narrative look a bit flimsy in hindsight.  6andCounting said something to the extent of "Yes but saying they retired sounds nicer."  That's really all there was to it.

You're right, I didn't mention Tomlin though, so I must have this tirade mistaken for one of the in-person ones I had with my Steeler fan pals.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 11:27 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Mike Munchak has been one of the most influential persons as to the success of this offence.  Combined with Haley's quick passes to the mismatch and Ben's buy in to the scheme while having the ability to audible into the better matchup.

Do you see Munchak taking over the offense Whe. Haley gets a HC job?
Reply/Quote
On how Arians and LeBeau were run out of town.

I think it was not very well done by Tomlin or the Rooneys . They both look like aholes when they should have just said fired or non renewed. They tried to finesse it because both coaches were big parts of their successes. The problem with how they did it was that they were trying to damage their ability to get another job by making it look like they wouldn't be interested.

I hope they learn their lessons the next time they run a coach out. They were not very professional.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 01:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Do you see Munchak taking over the offense Whe. Haley gets a HC job?

I doubt it.  More so as I doubt Haley gets an HC job somewhere.  He has a good offensive mind but does not seem to do well with the overall picture or with player relations.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 04:05 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: By the way...I'd like to hear your thoughts on my post from earlier...You know before the whole fired, retired thing.

The weak link players have improved to start quality lineman as soon as he arrived. His zone blocking scheme goes great with the overall offense and run game. Good defenders are going to get their sacks and Villanueva is gonna get beat while he learns on the job, but many of Ben's sacks are back to being his fault for holding the ball too long. His second injury happened because he tried to run out of the pocket too early by jumping into the path of the outside end. Sacks really aren't a problem overall, and there's not much improving that needs to be done by Ben's decisions or the overall o-line play.

(12-10-2015, 02:03 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I doubt it.  More so as I doubt Haley gets an HC job somewhere.  He has a good offensive mind but does not seem to do well with the overall picture or with player relations.

Haley's not a prime HC choice at the moment, but someone is going to give him another shot. I just hope he wants to stick around and enjoy the masterpiece he's put together in Pittsburgh before jumping to a team that needs rebuilt.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 02:03 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I doubt it.  More so as I doubt Haley gets an HC job somewhere.  He has a good offensive mind but does not seem to do well with the overall picture or with player relations.

Word down here on sports talk radio is he is the lead guy.   Haley and Payton if he gets fired.

Speaking of the Dolphins Of course
Reply/Quote
Bruce Arians: A Football Life.

Where is Haley's??!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 02:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bruce Arians: A Football Life.

Where is Haley's??!!

His story would just be a 3 minutes video teaching receivers how to run picks.
Reply/Quote
So what if the unthinkable happens. if Steelers now lose to Cleveland and finish 9-7 and 2-4 in the Division and missing the playoffs again for 3 out of the last 4 years with zero playoff wins over the last 5 seasons.... is Tomlin on the hot seat in the off season ?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 07:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So what if the unthinkable happens. if Steelers now lose to Cleveland and finish 9-7 and 2-4 in the Division and missing the playoffs again for 3 out of the last 4 years with all the weapons they have had.. is Tomlin on the hot seat in the off season ?

No. Rooney won't fire him. He was his minority hire. For better or worse they will ride him.
Reply/Quote