Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fans are missing the big picture
Marvin was horrible as a head coach.unless he is replaced with Hue which is highly unlikely at this point. we will have a better head coach. we didn't take advantage of a free play when defense jumps off sides for his first 15 years. no accountability for becoming a problem or distraction. punting 90 percent of the time on the 50 4th and 5 7 minutes to go down 10. whoever we replace Marvin with even in house should be an upgrade
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 12:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Marvin was horrible as a head coach.unless he is replaced with Hue which is highly unlikely at this point. we will have a better head coach. we didn't take advantage of a free play when defense jumps off sides for his first 15 years. no accountability for becoming a problem or distraction. punting 90 percent of the time on the 50 4th and 5 7 minutes to go down 10. whoever we replace Marvin with even in house should be an upgrade

Bill Lazor is as qualified to be a head coach in the NFL as much as I am qualified to be starring in an Adult Film 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 01:00 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Bill Lazor is as qualified to be a head coach in the NFL as much as I am qualified to be starring in an Adult Film 

Ron Jeremy is that you ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 12:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Marvin was horrible as a head coach.unless he is replaced with Hue which is highly unlikely at this point. we will have a better head coach. we didn't take advantage of a free play when defense jumps off sides for his first 15 years. no accountability for becoming a problem or distraction. punting 90 percent of the time on the 50 4th and 5 7 minutes to go down 10. whoever we replace Marvin with even in house should be an upgrade

Nope! Need too clean house and bring in winning attitudes.

Reply/Quote

Mike Brown has found worse than Marvin before and I have no doubt that he can do it again. Also an in house hire would change very little.
Reply/Quote
Hue would NOT be an upgrade over Merv. We need a fresh start!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 01:16 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Hue would NOT be an upgrade over Merv.  We need a fresh start!

Agreed, if it's Hue, I would just as soon keep MArvin...
Reply/Quote

Marvin was not an ideal HC, but he wasn't "horrible." He was decent overall with some good seasons thrown in there periodically.
He was not a good HC in the playoffs.
It's also definitely not true to say we would have a better HC than him as long as it isn't Hue Jackson. There very well could be someone far worse than Marvin hired into the position.
I think it's more fair to say that given the lack of success in the playoffs and the overall frustration of Marvin's decision making over the years, the fans are willing to take the gamble of any HC just because it's different.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I Don’t see Lazor as a upgrade either but if it happened I’d have to be supportive
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote

Can we please let go of "Marvin was horrible as a head coach", stats don;t show it.. 
Reply/Quote

We all hope you are correct and the next guy is an upgrade. If he is, then he should be able tomake the same 6 game improvement ML did in 2003 from 2 wins to 8 wins.

We should go 11-5 or 12-4 if you are correct since ML was so baaad in your eyes.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I don't think Lazor, Simmons or Hue would be an upgrade over Marvin.

Vance is a questionable.

The others are unknowns, mostly.

We'll see who we end up hiring.
Reply/Quote
We need a clean break ! Hiring in house is just not helpful where this team is at. We need new blood, new culture, renewed hope.

Hire a damn outside HC and let him pick his staff.
Reply/Quote
If he was horrible, then they never would have made the playoffs and win the division as many times as they did if at all, so this narrative that some fans have he was horrible is wrong.

Now I wanted him gone years ago, but that was because they needed a boost at HC to help players like Andy get over the hump in those bigger games. But also to better at 'in-game' strategies as well ie. clock management.

Anyways Marvin was a good coach overall with quite things I wish he could have been better at. This all the while working with one of the worst front offices in the league.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
What was this "big picture" that we've all been missing, again?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 01:54 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: I Don’t see Lazor as a upgrade either but if it happened I’d have to be supportive

Depends on your definition of support. You can choose not to go to games or even watch/listen. That would be a reflection of your agreement with the decision that the team has made.
However, in terms of having direct say in who the team hires, you are absolutely right in that you don't get input in that decision.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'd take Marvin back over any of the in house candidates. I like Simmons, but I like him right where he is.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 02:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Can we please let go of "Marvin was horrible as a head coach", stats don;t show it.. 

Alright then, he was 'good' during the regular season, 'below average' in prime time games and 'the worst ever' in playoffs. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 02:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What was this "big picture" that we've all been missing, again?

You know..That big picture with the opinion of a certain fan imbedded under the oil paint? You just have to squint harder to see "the BIG picture".. I think there's that part with "Wake up sheeple!" in there somewhere.
Then again I'm kind of lazy when it comes to cleaning my glasses on a regular basis so I seldom see "The BIG picture" and tend to focus on thumbnail images. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 03:38 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Alright then, he was 'good' during the regular season, 'below average' in prime time games and 'the worst ever' in playoffs. 
So a decent overall coach when you put it all together since we cant disregard 43 percent of seasons in playoffs, 4 division titles, 24th in wins and 82 in winning percentage out of 500 NFl career coaches, his failing in playoffs is the major issue that hurts him , last time i checked wiining or losing at 1 oclock is the same as 8 oclock so matters little in overall record.
Reply/Quote