Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favor from an old friend
(12-10-2021, 08:16 PM)Earendil Wrote: I wonder how much of this perceived inconsistency is that the Ravens and the Steelers suck this year.  We look like world beaters against them, but then fall apart against a lousy team like the Jets and get blown out by decent teams like the Browns and Chargers.

I don't think so, we can beat anybody and lose to anybody, I just think it is us.

We are young, have a young HC and we are talented yet inconsistent.

(12-10-2021, 08:20 PM)jason Wrote: We hung with the Packers... Honestly SHOULD'VE won that one. I think the Raiders game was closer than the final score indicated, but we ended up handling them. I honestly don't think the Browns are very good either, but they mopped us because we somehow let Baker Mayfield look like an all time great every time we play them. I'm not sure the Ravens suck either. They destroyed the Chargers, and came back to beat the Colts. I think the entire NFL is sorta mired in mediocrity this year. Considering we were trash for the past 3 seasons, I'd say things are looking up.

Agreed Jason. The Ravens don't suck, shit, if you don't play Lamar right and let him get out of the pocket they can crush you 
like they did the Chargers. We just played him right the last time and I hope we do so again. The Steelers kind of suck cause 
the Pig is done for and they cannot stop the run. The Browns are tough if Mayfield plays like he does against us, as you say he
always plays like his hair is on fire against us and not so much against other teams.

This will have to end eventually with Mayfield, he can't play like that EVERY game against us.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 08:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't think so, we can beat anybody and lose to anybody, I just think it is us.

We are young, have a young HC and we are talented yet inconsistent.

Agreed Jason. The Ravens don't suck, shit, if you don't play Lamar right and let him get out of the pocket they can crush you 
like they did the Chargers. We just played him right the last time and I hope we do so again. The Steelers kind of suck cause 
the Pig is done for and they cannot stop the run. The Browns are tough if Mayfield plays like he does against us, as you say he
always plays like his hair is on fire against us and not so much against other teams.

This will have to end eventually with Mayfield, he can't play like that EVERY game against us.

God I hope so. My Baker Mayfield hatred goes back to college, and the flag incident at Ohio State... Lil ******' prick.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:01 PM)jason Wrote: God I hope so. My Baker Mayfield hatred goes back to college, and the flag incident at Ohio State... Lil ******' prick.

Yeah you are a big Buckeye fan so understandable. I have only hated him since he has been on the Browns.

BTW, that Chase Claypool sure has turned into a POS on the Steelers and might of cost them the game against the Vikes last night lol
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah you are a big Buckeye fan so understandable. I have only hated him since he has been on the Browns.

BTW, that Chase Claypool sure has turned into a POS on the Steelers and might of cost them the game against the Vikes last night lol

That dude is goofy... We'd be killing one of our guys if they did that. His explanation afterward was weak too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:10 PM)jason Wrote: That dude is goofy... We'd be killing one of our guys if they did that. His explanation afterward was weak too.

Yeah, he probably exhausted all of his critical thinking skills on his music-in-the-locker-room idea. He's used up until next season.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, he probably exhausted all of his critical thinking skills on his music-in-the-locker-room idea. He's used up until next season.  

I thought Mike Tomlin's response to that was pretty damn funny. Division of labor reference and all.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:32 PM)jason Wrote: I thought Mike Tomlin's response to that was pretty damn funny. Division of labor reference and all.

He sounded kinda Dad-like in that response.  Like 'it ends here or I'm going to get my belt.'
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah you are a big Buckeye fan so understandable. I have only hated him since he has been on the Browns.

(12-10-2021, 09:10 PM)jason Wrote: That dude is goofy... We'd be killing one of our guys if they did that. His explanation afterward was weak too.

(12-10-2021, 09:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, he probably exhausted all of his critical thinking skills on his music-in-the-locker-room idea. He's used up until next season.  

That dude is about as smart as a wet sock and looks like he should be doing 5-10 at Rikers for distribution. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah you are a big Buckeye fan so understandable. I have only hated him since he has been on the Browns.

I hate the buckeyes and thought it was funny, now not so much...
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:01 PM)jason Wrote: God I hope so. My Baker Mayfield hatred goes back to college, and the flag incident at Ohio State... Lil ******' prick.

(12-10-2021, 09:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah you are a big Buckeye fan so understandable. I have only hated him since he has been on the Browns.

As an Ohio State alumnus I mute the seemingly endless stream of Baker Mayfield commercials. I want to see fellow OSU alumnus Sam Hubbard or Von Bell plant Mayfield in his own stadium.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, he probably exhausted all of his critical thinking skills on his music-in-the-locker-room idea. He's used up until next season.  

He has one of two options . . .

1) Shut the **** up all the way through at least mid-season 2022.

2) Get crazier and even more stupid to get out of Pittsburgh.

The stat that blew me away last night that they briefly showed then moved on . . . this is the worst yards per game average by a Pittsburgh Steelers defense (371.3) since 1958.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As an Ohio State alumnus I mute the seemingly endless stream of Baker Mayfield commercials. I want to see fellow OSU alumnus Sam Hubbard or Von Bell plant Mayfield in his own stadium.

I've watched Nick Bosa bounce Baker's head off the turf countless times. His flag celebration was spectacular.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 10:27 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: He has one of two options . . .

1) Shut the **** up all the way through at least mid-season 2022.

2) Get crazier and even more stupid to get out of Pittsburgh.

The stat that blew me away last night that they briefly showed then moved on . . . this is the worst yards per game average by a Pittsburgh Steelers defense (371.3) since 1958.

That jumped out at me too. There were two other "worst since" stats. I was watching in a bar, and can't remember what they were though. Father Time is still undefeated, and the mighty have definitely fallen.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: He sounded kinda Dad-like in that response.  Like 'it ends here or I'm going to get my belt.'

Unleash hell with the belt...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: He sounded kinda Dad-like in that response.  Like 'it ends here or I'm going to get my belt.'

"Don't make me turn this team around!"
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That dude is about as smart as a wet sock and looks like he should be doing 5-10 at Rikers for distribution. 

Hilarious

(12-10-2021, 09:59 PM)Tony Wrote: I hate the buckeyes and thought it was funny, now not so much...

I am no Buckeye fan myself, just a fan of college football in general. I guess my fave team right now is the Bearcats.

Hope they beat the Tide so bad. Also like Memphis as they sometimes wear striped tiger helmets.

(12-10-2021, 09:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As an Ohio State alumnus I mute the seemingly endless stream of Baker Mayfield commercials.  I want to see fellow OSU alumnus Sam Hubbard or Von Bell plant Mayfield in his own stadium.

I definitely love those Buckeye players. Mayfield needs it bad, we need to start making him fear us. So far he has our number.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 11:39 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’ll 2nd that. So annoying, they do it for all their TE’s too. Stupid

I'll 3rd that. We need our own "UZIIIIII" or something though since sample will never catch a pass 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 05:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hilarious

I am no Buckeye fan myself, just a fan of college football in general. I guess my fave team right now is the Bearcats.

Hope they beat the Tide so bad. Also like Memphis as they sometimes wear striped tiger helmets.

I definitely love those Buckeye players. Mayfield needs it bad, we need to start making him fear us. So far he has our number.

Tons and tons of people are rooting Bearcats... They are the underdog everyone wants to see win. Count me in..
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 07:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'll 3rd that. We need our own "UZIIIIII" or something though since sample will never catch a pass 

We need to do a HOLY SHIT chant whenever Sample catches a pass
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 08:01 PM)Tony Wrote: Tons and tons of people are rooting Bearcats... They are the underdog everyone wants to see win. Count me in..

They are a fun team to watch too, this is the first year I have got to watch a lot of their games. Know a lot of their players, 
Ridder, Ford, Sauce, Beavers, Brooks, Cook, Bryant, Delanco etc.

If they can stop Bama's run game and run it themselves with Ford they should have a chance.
Reply/Quote