Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favored for the 1st time since 1989

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 10:57 PM)pally Wrote:

Not liking line two very much
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hope the Bengals cover by 20 and send a message

yet will be happy with getting out of there intact and with even a 1 point win

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 11:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope the Bengals cover by 20 and send a message

So many mistakes last time and they still should have won. They need to start taking care of business in the division.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Watt is back and the coaching staff will ignore him. It won't be good.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 11:17 PM)M.W. Wrote: Watt is back and the coaching staff will ignore him. It won't be good.

Maybe if everyone ignores him he will just go away.

Reply/Quote
I find that so hard to believe, yet so easy to believe.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 11:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So many mistakes last time and they still should have won. They need to start taking care of business in the division.

Agree

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 11:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Maybe if everyone ignores him he will just go away.

I feel like someone in the organization reads this forum. It takes a few weeks but how long did we say our line isn't made for wide zone blocking, we need the same strategy that has worked with our other non-athletic linemen in past years (we ain't the 2018-19 Rams Taylor). And last week happened. Or the deep pass isn't working, lets try focusing on the middle, or play action... Well if we just started talking about chipping Watt or Highsmith it may take another few weeks to be planned  Ninja Sorry, couldn't help myself. Plan to negate a team's strength, and make their weakest link beat you
Reply/Quote
It would really be nice to get our first division win against Pittsburgh.This is a must win IMO for the Bengals to have any half decent chance of getting into the playoffs.

That’s an interesting stat Pally.Have to admit I’m a little surprised by it.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 12:02 AM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: I feel like someone in the organization reads this forum. It takes a few weeks but how long did we say our line isn't made for wide zone blocking, we need the same strategy that has worked with our other non-athletic linemen in past years (we ain't the 2018-19 Rams Taylor). And last week happened. Or the deep pass isn't working, lets try focusing on the middle, or play action... Well if we just started talking about chipping Watt or Highsmith it may take another few weeks to be planned  Ninja Sorry, couldn't help myself. Plan to negate a team's strength, and make their weakest link beat you

LOL.Nobody in the organization reads this forum.
Reply/Quote
dont lay egg...dont lay an egg... dont lay an egg...
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 11:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope the Bengals cover by 20 and send a message

Not sure what kind of message is sent in whooping a terrible team.  

The Bengals are a net 43 over in points (4th best in the NFL) while the Steelers sit at -67(dead last in the NFL).  

The fact that the Bengals lost to them is pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 10:43 AM)higgy100 Wrote: LOL.Nobody in the organization reads this forum.

lol...while I doubt anyone is taking coaching advice from this board or any other social media posting, I would suspect there is some lowly social media intern whose job is to do nothing but track what is being said about the team across all social media platforms, including this one.

Reply/Quote
Surprised we were not favored Opening Week
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 02:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Surprised we were not favored Opening Week

We were...but it was a home game.  This is the first time we have been favored in Pittsburgh since 1989

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 10:43 AM)higgy100 Wrote: LOL.Nobody in the organization reads this forum.

They may not, but some of the beat writers do (or at least did).
Jim O. was an occasional poster here back when he was a beat writer for Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 11:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope the Bengals cover by 20 and send a message

A win by any point differential is good, but also expected.
Lose this game and you'll have even more naysayers.
Even if they win this game, it's what they do after Thanksgiving that will be the real indicator of making playoffs or not.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 11:31 AM)pally Wrote: lol...while I doubt anyone is taking coaching advice from this board or any other social media posting, I would suspect there is some lowly social media intern whose job is to do nothing but track what is being said about the team across all social media platforms, including this one.

Ironically, I know in college FB and BB the message boards are very very closely followed by the coaches/asst.coaches due to all the recruiting being done. There are so many contacts of 16-17 year old recruits (family,friends, etc.) that like to chatter. Also, you have players who will chat about with some of their close friends regarding team happenings, injuries, etc. Coaches need to get that under wraps immediately.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 11:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Maybe if everyone ignores him he will just go away.

Lol, yeah, I don't think we will ignore him. We will be chipping him and hopefully we are run blocking like we did against
the Panthers and he will be on his ass all day long with La'el and Alex pancaking him over and over.
Reply/Quote