Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Christmas/Holiday songs
So I am making a playlist for a Christmas party I am throwing and I wanted to know what some favorites were.

I have all of the classics from Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Andy Williams, Elvis, Jingle Bell Rock, Rockin Around the Christmas Tree, etc.

Some of the more contemporary hits that I have are Christmas All Over (Tom Petty), Baby Please Come Home (U2), Do They Know Its Christmas (Band Aid), Last Christmas (Wham!), All I Want From Christmas is You (Mariah), Fairytale of New York (the Pogues), Chanukah Song.

What are some of your favorites?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
OK, that whole xmas album of Los Straitjackets is great, btw, and this is not a xmas song but something Santa's might enjoy after putting presents under the tree and kicking back...

JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Shhhiiiiiiittttt man.......Christmas in Hollis FTW bro! :andy:

[Image: run-dmc-santa-hats.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives

Has been my favorite since my childhood.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 12:15 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives

Has been my favorite since my childhood.

Ha!  I've actually been hearing this in my mind all morning. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This might be a little slow for a party, but it has always been one of my favorites

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 12:51 PM)treee Wrote: This might be a little slow for a party, but it has always been one of my favorites

Linus and Lucy from the same album is also very good.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
My all time #1!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 11:40 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So I am making a playlist for a Christmas party I am throwing and I wanted to know what some favorites were.

I have all of the classics from Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Andy Williams, Elvis, Jingle Bell Rock, Rockin Around the Christmas Tree, etc.

Some of the more contemporary hits that I have are Christmas All Over (Tom Petty), Baby Please Come Home (U2), Do They Know Its Christmas (Band Aid), Last Christmas (Wham!), All I Want From Christmas is You (Mariah), Fairytale of New York (the Pogues), Chanukah Song.

What are some of your favorites?

south park Christmas songs..

the ending Credits of Die Hard 1
Reply/Quote
The one that goes "Felice Navi Dot" or something like that. LOL

These 2 are also good.

Reply/Quote
X-M@$-  Corey Taylor

The Season's Upon Us- Dropkick Murphy's

I Believe In Father Christmas- U2

Christmas Must Be Tonight- The Band
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Pitchfork put out their list of The 50 Best Holiday Songs of All Time last week. I don't agree with some of it (which I'll get to in a second), but it's got a bunch of solid tunes.

My favorite Christmas music is "Merry Christmas: The Supremes". All of it. Every song is great. The reason I have a problem with the Pitchfork list is that it doesn't have anything from this album on it. Which is just wrong.

Reply/Quote
I like Amy Grant's Sleigh Ride. Johnny Mathis Need a Little Christmas, Winter Wonderland and his Let it Snow. Nat for The Christmas Song O Tannenbaum and O Holy Night. The Eagles Please Come Home for Christmas. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by The Carpenters or James Taylor. Do not do Sinatra. The arrangement sounds like he just blurts out whatever line he remembers at the time. Celebrate Me Home by Kenny Loggins.

A lot of people do a good It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas except Perry Como. Some bizarre laughing.

Other songs I like:
Silver Bells, Blue Christmas, I'll Be Home for Christmas, What Child is This because it's played to Greensleeves. There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I prefer Darlene Love's version of Baby Please Come Home to the U2 version.

I like Santa Clause is Coming to Town by Bruce Springsteen.

Merry Christmas I Don't Want to Fight Tonight by the Ramones.

Christmas Vacation by Descendents.

Mr. Grinch has grown on me lately.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Have always enjoyed this one.

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 09:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Have always enjoyed this one.

I cannot stand the Mariah Carey version of this......but that's my wifes favorite Christmas song. 

Another song I'm really liking this year is Mele Kalikimaka by Chris Issack. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote