Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite International Cuisine
So, what'cha like? Don't just say Asian or anything, get regional even if you can.

I'm a German food man. And not just the typical stuff of Bavaria that we are used to calling German here in the U.S. I'm talking the food of north-west Germany as well. Though Käsespätzle and Nuremwurst have a special place in my heart.
Reply/Quote
Asian
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 08:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Asian

European.
Reply/Quote
Actually I like Mexican food the best.

Mostly Tex-Mex, but I also like some traditional Mexican food like mole and some seafood dishes.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 08:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Asian

(10-30-2015, 08:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: European.

:snark:

I suppose I asked for that.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 10:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: :snark:

I suppose I asked for that.

OK, to be more specific I would say Mongolian. Pretty much consider a cross between Chinese and Japanese. Pick ingredients that are consistent with Chinese  cuisine and have them cooked Japanese style.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Japanese. Love sushi and all the grilled stuff. I prefer sea food over most other meats, but western cuisine isn't as good with it, unless its just some sea food with western type side dishes.
Reply/Quote
Beaver. It is different and delicious all over the world.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 01:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Japanese. Love sushi and all the grilled stuff. I prefer sea food over most other meats, but western cuisine isn't as good with it, unless its just some sea food with western type side dishes.

That's because western seafood prep is all about making it taste different. Japanese seafood is so clean, usually. Seafood and pork are my proteins of choice, so I get you.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 01:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Japanese. Love sushi and all the grilled stuff. I prefer sea food over most other meats, but western cuisine isn't as good with it, unless its just some sea food with western type side dishes.

I'm with Benton here.  Japanese is top notch....mostly because of the Sushi and the simplistic grilled seafood.  Sushi really is some top notch eats.

Second, I'd go with Cajun food.  I know that it's a regional domestic food, but that doesn't take away from its unique awesomeness.

Both utilize seafood heavily which might be why I like them so much.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 02:13 PM)xxlt Wrote: Beaver. It is different and delicious all over the world.

Yum! The other yellow meat!

My favorite is Northern Italian interpretation of dishes like Saltimbocca, Fettuccine Alfredo, sausages and varieties of cheese. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Mexican for me.....
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 02:13 PM)xxlt Wrote: Beaver. It is different and delicious all over the world.

tastes great, less filling.
Reply/Quote
Does good 'ol American BBQ count?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Italian. Its not even close.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:54 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: Italian.  Its not even close.

YUP
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 06:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's because western seafood prep is all about making it taste different. Japanese seafood is so clean, usually. Seafood and pork are my proteins of choice, so I get you.

If I didn't have young kids, I'd swear off red meat. I can cook everything I prefer to eat with seafood and pork, or chicken. But it's a challenge and expensive to cook for kids or eat out in the south and not include some red meat on a daily basis.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 06:48 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm with Benton here.  Japanese is top notch....mostly because of the Sushi and the simplistic grilled seafood.  Sushi really is some top notch eats.

Second, I'd go with Cajun food.  I know that it's a regional domestic food, but that doesn't take away from its unique awesomeness.

Both utilize seafood heavily which might be why I like them so much.

Hah, would probably be mine, too. I like the spice and fresh vegetables in a lot of Cajun cooking that you don't find with Japanese. 

I also like a lot of Cuban/Cafribbean stuff. Simple dishes, but lots of flavor.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:22 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Does good 'ol American BBQ count?

(11-02-2015, 05:54 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: Italian

Pretty even in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:40 PM)Benton Wrote: I also like a lot of Cuban/Cafribbean stuff. Simple dishes, but lots of flavor.

I used to go to a little Cuban place to get what I called "soul food".  Greens, beans and rice, sweet potatoes. 
Reply/Quote