Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite..Least Favorite
I don’t understand this notion that we need another LB. We typically only have 2 on the field most of the time, and we’ve used a bunch of valuable draft picks at the position in the last few years.

Pratt - 3rd round
Logan Wilson - 3rd round
ADG - 4th round

Bailey was obviously a late round pick, but that was due to him falling from injuries. He has decent upside. And LB along with TE is probably the longest developmental curve of any position. Need to just let these guys play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 10:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t understand this notion that we need another LB. We typically only have 2 on the field most of the time, and we’ve used a bunch of valuable draft picks at the position in the last few years.

Pratt - 3rd round
Logan Wilson - 3rd round
ADG - 4th round

Bailey was obviously a late round pick, but that was due to him falling from injuries. He has decent upside. And LB along with TE is probably the longest developmental curve of any position. Need to just let these guys play.

Yeah, I don't get this either. I've said since the moment that the Bailey pick came in that they've fixed their LB room. Before Flowers excelled at covering the TE, Pratt and ADG were improving week by week in an area that used to be a major weakness along with covering RBs. It's not their fault every LB was banged up as the season went on. I want to see a motivated ADG after having to sit on the sidelines and only being able to watch the whole SB run.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 06:29 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: If we were trying to win it all this year Linderbaum helps us more than anyone else we got for the rest of the draft, but now our division rival has him and he will be kicking our ass for the next decade which is twice as bad.  The draft is mostly for depth and we didn't really get anyone that is better than what we currently have in our starters.  I also think Linderbaum all but guarantees we have great depth and starters across the OL.  Right now we have a big old question mark at LG.

This draft enables them to sign the must have guys (Burrow/Chase t
Etc) down the line and replace abates so taking the DBs makes sense.
Ravens had a great draft and robbed the Cards in the Hollywood trade but you are worried about Linderbaum kicking the Bengals asses for the next decade?
I guarantee you that the Ravens are much more worried about Chase & Burrow kicking their ass for the next ten years.
Reply/Quote
Great background on our draft:
https://www.bengals.com/news/draft-de-briefing-as-bengals-re-set-roster
Reply/Quote