Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Favorite Newest Bengal
Who is your favorite newest Bengal player and why?

I really think fans are going to like Vigil because he plays like Luke K. and tackles everything. But he will be seen primarily on special teams.

Me and Eliminate (Nate) really pimped Billings during draft talk. I am excited to see him play. He is like the rock from fantastic 4 movie lol. Another dude you may not know is FA DT Dean. Keep an eye on him.

Boyde will be like TJ but better.

But favorite newest Bengal....drumroll please. .....

WJ3. Why?

Bengals stole him from Steelers and now the Steelers will have to face him at least twice per year. And WJ3 has the skill set to be the Best shut-down corner back since kenneth Riley. Yep. He is that good.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Brandon LaFell... Because I'm going to laugh when he outperforms everyone's expectations... But really my favorite is Billings because we have needed a good run stopper for a while and he fills that hole and more. The Dline is going to be insane this year.
Reply/Quote
I'll say Eifert...and he's super new to me because he's one of the only player jersey I have where the player didn't retire before the year 2000.
Reply/Quote
Probably go with WJ3 because I love the idea of our secondary getting younger and hopefully better.

Honorable mention is Dansby, even tho he's a rental I like the fact that he wanted to play here and help us win a SB.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Im going with Boyd... With that pick we turned a steeler family to a bengals one and got a talented receiver.
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd.

I didn't really know much about him before the draft, but since then I've been reading up, and watching film on him. I think he is the real deal. The more I see of him the more impressed I've become.
I don't think we'll miss Sanu at all.
Reply/Quote
Dansby and it's not even close. He will keep mediocre players with the letters Rey in their names off the field til Nick Vigil is ready to play. I like Billings the best out of our draft picks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
In terms of rookies, it's Andrew Billings. WJ3 is not far behind.

In terms of outside guys we brought in this year. It's Karlos Dansby by a mile.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2016, 04:42 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: In terms of rookies, it's Andrew Billings. WJ3 is not far behind.

In terms of outside guys we brought in this year. It's Karlos Dansby by a mile.

I think Dansby's attitude is like Whit, Peko a pro's pro.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I have no idea at this point.

Can't even comment intelligently about it cause there's so much that could happen and likely won't this year. Each year we hear how much the team likes its picks, and they should like their picks, but we end up not see much of them for a couple of years, and in some cases, are still waiting to see them become football players.

Not going to mention any names, but there's more than one player who's trying to hunt for his talents or maybe find his alter ego like Superman's Clarke Kent or maybe he's hoping time on the IR makes his flower blossom or maybe he was thrust in the lineup performing at an underwhelming level and the team has to russell with what to do at that position.

So, really, I have no favorite until they get on the game field and show us. Who knows, I might have to have a vigil to find my favorite player come the end of the year or maybe we get a new core guy who elimintates our return problems.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2016, 04:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Dansby's attitude is like Whit, Peko a pro's pro.

Dansby has been one of my favorite non-Bengal players for a long time. I really wanted us to sign him, back in 2013, over James Harrison.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2016, 04:54 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dansby has been one of my favorite non-Bengal players for a long time. I really wanted us to sign him, back in 2013, over James Harrison.

It sure would have been something.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2016, 03:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I really think fans are going to like Vigil because he plays like Luke K. and tackles everything.   But he will be seen primarily on special teams.

I highly doubt that. Unless by "plays like Luke K" you actually mean "he's also a white LB".

Just like how some people compared Ryan Whalen (or any other white WR the last 8 years or so) to Wes Welker.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2016, 06:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I highly doubt that. Unless by "plays like Luke K" you actually mean "he's also a white LB".

Just like how some people compared Ryan Whalen (or any other white WR the last 8 years or so) to Wes Welker.
I'll add Bosa and Watt comparisons to the mix while we're at it.

But seriously, Boyd and Billings.
Reply/Quote
Love the Billings pick because I think he keeps Peko fresh and more consistent, which just makes our front 4 sick.

Love WJIII because I'm praying we use him more than special teams and he's just a ball hawk, which makes stealing him from the Steelers that much better. Being a former DB before I hit a tree also draws me to him.

I think Core is going to surprise some people and he just was overlooked because he was behind Treadwell.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2016, 06:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I highly doubt that. Unless by "plays like Luke K" you actually mean "he's also a white LB".

Never saw that comparison one time.

In fact, as far as Bengals fans go, of the four people I've seen compared to Welker, two of them were black (Gio, Burkhead, Baby Hawk, and Jordan Shipley).
Reply/Quote
Forgot to answer the OP.

My favorite new player is Nick Vigil,

BECAUSE HE SAID SO!
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2016, 07:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Never saw that comparison one time.

In fact, as far as Bengals fans go, of the four people I've seen compared to Welker, two of them were black (Gio, Burkhead, Baby Hawk, and Jordan Shipley).

Even if you've never seen it, you've seen Burkhead and Shipley, aka... 2/3 of the Bengals' white WRs I can recall in Marvin's tenure. (Matt Jones doesn't count, he never made the opening day roster.) That seems like it's still pretty damning. You can't even say it's a short thing. Shipley is 6'0.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
William Jackson III because we took what the Steelers wanted. Now the Steelers will have to face WJ3 twice a year for many years. I think by year two, he will be a starting CB and Dre will be gone.

Billings is a close second.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2016, 04:54 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dansby has been one of my favorite non-Bengal players for a long time. I really wanted us to sign him, back in 2013, over James Harrison.

I really wanted Dansby in 2013 as well
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote