Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite OL prospects
Ohio State has quietly been putting very good OL into the NFL for the last several years. This year they’ll have 2 well regarded but still underrated linemen in the draft imo. The Bengals could use both of them and either would be a very good pick in round 2 if available. Jones at OT and Price at C/G.

Who are your favorite linemen and where would you select them in next years draft?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Isaiah Wynn UGA
Reply/Quote
Jones should be avaliable in the comp pick of round 3
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 08:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Isaiah Wynn UGA

Me too. And despite last week’s performance, I still like McGlinchey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Price my favorite olineman in years though
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 12:18 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Me too. And despite last week’s performance, I still like McGlinchey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do too.
It's nice Connor Williams is back. Interested to see how he plays the rest of the year. Gives the OT class another hope at panning out. None of these are top 10 picks right now. Connor's first few games were so bad. People blew up on McGlinchey for a few bad plays, Williams had like 3 games of mostly that stuff. 

Wynn is gonna make for a very good guard who can play some swing tackle. 
Reply/Quote
Mcglichey didn't have a few bad plays. He's struggled against speed rushers horribly all year. It's why he has only gotten a 55.0 grade from pff last ,2 years he can't handle speed rushers.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 02:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Mcglichey didn't have a few bad plays. He's struggled against speed rushers horribly all year. It's why he has only gotten a 55.0 grade from pff last ,2 years he can't handle speed rushers.

1 bad play vs NCST
1 bad play vs UGA
And the entire OL looked bad vs Miami.
BC kept Landry off of him and the few plays he had, he shut him out.  

PFF is a bad resource for OL. I would highly recommend against PFF scouting OL. 

He's played more legit NFL talent this year than most OTs do in their career. 

He's no better or worse vs speed than the vast majority of tackles in the draft this year. 

He has an issue with his set vs speed. It's correctable. 

Connor Williams has similar issues. But he struggled in every aspect early this year. How he closes out the season will determine a lot about him.

Orlando Brown is a heavy legged waist bender in pass pro. Blows dudes up in the run game but he really struggles moving his feet in pass pro in deep sets. He's got Baker back there so it negates a lot of the issues. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 02:48 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 1 bad play vs NCST
1 bad play vs UGA

He's no better or worse vs speed than the vast majority of tackles in the draft this year. 

Connor Williams has similar issues. But he struggled in every aspect early this year. How he closes out the season will determine a lot about him.

Orlando Brown is a heavy legged waist bender in pass pro. Blows dudes up in the run game but he really struggles moving his feet in pass pro in deep sets. He's got Baker back there so it negates a lot of the issues. 

That's my point. So we don't take a tackle in the first round or 2 this year and build the interior up. Take a tackle in the third that fell. But don't take a tackle that can't handle speed rushers. Still hoping adams decides to come out. He had it all. And according to a source, most teams have Williams as a mid round prospect 
Reply/Quote
Nelson- OG ND

Brown- OT OU

James Daniels- C Iowa. (Only a Junior and not sure if he’s coming out)

Price- C tOSU. I’ll defer to my bucknut friends here and rely on their expertise watching him this year. But C should definitely be on our wishlist this year.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 09:55 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Nelson- OG ND

Brown- OT OU

James Daniels- C Iowa.  (Only a Junior and not sure if he’s coming out)

Price- C tOSU. I’ll defer to my bucknut friends here and rely on their expertise watching him this year.  But C should definitely be on our wishlist this year.

C has been on the wishlist practically every year.

I'll be livid if Russell Bodine is re-signed on the offseason.
Even more livid if Marvin Lewis is back.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 12:34 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I do too.
It's nice Connor Williams is back. Interested to see how he plays the rest of the year. Gives the OT class another hope at panning out. None of these are top 10 picks right now. Connor's first few games were so bad. People blew up on McGlinchey for a few bad plays, Williams had like 3 games of mostly that stuff. 

Wynn is gonna make for a very good guard who can play some swing tackle. 

I agree, glad he'll be able to perform again this year even though it's only a few games.
He greatly underperformed this year before his injury, but from what film I watched on him from 2016, he was extremely physical. A mauler.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 02:48 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 1 bad play vs NCST
1 bad play vs UGA

This OT class overall seems pretty strong in the run game but has flaws with pass blocking. If the Bengals want to become a run-oriented offense, this might be the year to find OL that fit.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree, glad he'll be able to perform again this year even though it's only a few games.
He greatly underperformed this year before his injury, but from what film I watched on him from 2016, he was extremely physical. A mauler.

He'll always be a mauler. But his feet are so heavy. 
I have serious questions about if his strength can overcome that like it does in college. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This OT class overall seems pretty strong in the run game but has flaws with pass blocking. If the Bengals want to become a run-oriented offense, this might be the year to find OL that fit.

That's a very fair assessment. 

Should prove interesting. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 08:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Isaiah Wynn UGA

How do you rate him relative to Quentin Nelson?

What do you think of the center from Arkansas.

I want to upgrade our interior even more than the tackles - though obviously they need upgraded as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 03:54 PM)3wt Wrote: What do you think of the center from Arkansas.

Ragnow injured his ankle. He is done for the year. A shame because he played well up to that point.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 03:54 PM)3wt Wrote: How do you rate him relative to Quentin Nelson?

What do you think of the center from Arkansas.

I want to upgrade our interior even more than the tackles - though obviously they need upgraded as well.

I think they are fairly similar. Nelson gets a ton of pub as all big ND prospects do. Wynn plays out of position at LT so that hinders him some. I think Nelson is a great prospect but he's also in danger of becoming slightly overrated. 

The Arkansas center is what people thought Bodine would be tbh. 
He's strong but he's not a dominate blocker. He's okay at a lot of things. So much of his power comes from his upper body right now he's gotta learn to sink his hips and generate from his lower half. 
Reply/Quote
Id take the road grader Orlando from Oklahoma........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I like the guy out of Western Michigan as a second round LT.

Chukwuma Okorafor 6’5” 332

Long arms, quick feet, can run and pass block.
Reply/Quote