Chase Brown
Andrei Iosivas
Brad Robbins
DJ Ivey
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite pick?
So who was your favorite pick?  Not necessarily the best pick, your favorite.

I'm gonna go with Jordan Battle.  The player I hated to lose the most was Vonn Bell.  One of the coaches commented that Battle may be our new Vonn.  I'll take that.

My runner-up is Chase Brown. Everything we need at the position. You need to watch the video of him receiving the call from Zac if you haven't seen it.
Reply/Quote
DJ Turner , thought the had a chance to go round one. Plays a premium position and can play if Awuzie isn’t ready. Great speed and instincts, the weight dosent bother me think working with an NFL strength coach he can gain some pounds.
Reply/Quote
Myles Murphy.

Pass rush. It's what we lacked in the AFC Championship Game
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 09:52 AM)BengalBob Wrote: Myles Murphy.

Pass rush.  It's what we lacked in the AFC Championship Game

That is my thought as well. I think overall this was solid on paper. being able to rush and harass the QB gets more important every year. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 09:52 AM)BengalBob Wrote: Myles Murphy.

Pass rush.  It's what we lacked in the AFC Championship Game

I think that could be the most important pick because, like you said, a pass rush is what we lacked and teams will need to throw to keep up with our offense, but my favorite pick was Chase Brown just because I think our offense can be dangerous with him.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I agree with Battle. I wanted Washington but trust the staff with doing their homework on him. The trade allowed the extra pick and Battle is possibly true BPA in the 3rd that could possibly start if needed. I like the acknowledgement that they aren't set at safety, they aren't totally depending on Tycen better than he has shown or Dax locking down the FS job. Those are the aim, but they have a backup plan that can possibly handle a TE. Simmons is also crazy about him on teams.
Reply/Quote
I loved the Battle pick. He’s versatile with a lot of experience at a high level. Wanted him last year if he had been in the draft.

Overall, I like this draft more than last years. Think a lot of the later round guys have a real chance to contribute as depth pieces. Loved the Brown and Jones picks too. Glad we got a pass rusher as it was much needed. Didn’t pay much attention to Turner before the draft but liking what I’ve seen so far. Overall I expected a TE and OT fairly early but I’m happy with the way it turned out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Murphy, Iosivas, and Robbins

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 11:47 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Murphy, Iosivas, and Robbins

Come on Cards, Denny Crum was never this indecisive.  Make a choice.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 11:14 AM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah I agree with Battle.  I wanted Washington but trust the staff with doing their homework on him.  The trade allowed the extra pick and Battle is possibly true BPA in the 3rd that could possibly start if needed.  I like the acknowledgement that they aren't set at safety, they aren't totally depending on Tycen better than he has shown or Dax locking down the FS job.  Those are the aim, but they have a backup plan that can possibly handle a TE.  Simmons is also crazy about him on teams.

Great minds  Wink
Reply/Quote
I like Iosivas. Didn't even have him on my board (!). I'm definitely intrigued by his potential. Also shows the Bengals' War Room did their homework this year and didn't cut any corners. Nice to see. Reminds me of Chris Evans. He was a bit forgotten at the time (for multiple reasons) but the Bengals took a shot on his upside in round six. The latter seems to be a theme.
Reply/Quote
I like Iosivas. He has the most upside I think
Of any draft pick. He really put together
On a big time frame. He can come in and not feel
Pressured right away be a instant contributor
In the WR room.
Outside of Tee the Bengals don't have that big
Framed WR that can simply run past the CB.
Heck they don't have that in the TE room.
He has alot you can't simply coach up.
Would not be surprised if he was showcased in
The red zone this year
Reply/Quote
My favorite draft pick is Chase Brown. His reaction to Zac Taylor’s phone call hit me right in the feels. His film is scary. Chase Brown is fast and he has the ability to dart between players and slide through the smallest of gaps. If DNA from James Brooks and Giovani Bernard were mixed in a lab it would come out to be Chase Brown — except Brown is faster than either of them.

I love Joe Burrow and I love the Cincinnati passing game but when push comes to shove in the AFC North, a punishing rushing attack is essential. Chase Brown will scare the rest of the league and he’ll light a fire under Joe Mixon as well.
Reply/Quote
Jones and Brown as I think both have a chance to contribute on special teams and offense.

I like the Turner pick as well. It is hard to choose!
Reply/Quote
Ima vote for the punter because of the phone call
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Charlie Jones is the stud of the draft. Battle is probably the best pure player they drafted.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I remember putting on the Clemson vs Virginia Tech game in 2020 to watch Christian Darrisaw and was surprised #98 was giving Darrisaw that many issues. Looked him up turns out he was a top 10 recruit true freshman named Myles Murphy and he was giving a future top NFL LT all he could handle. Since 2020 Myles Murphy has been a measuring stick for ACC Offensive Tackle Prospects like Darrisaw, Ikem Ekwonu, and Matthew Bergeron because he is that good.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I only predicted 2 picks in this draft in the moment.

Thought we'd go Mayer on the first prior to the pick.

Thought we'd go Darnell Washington in the third prior to trading down. Thought we'd go Roschon Johnson after the trade down.

Thought we'd go Will Mallory in the 4th.

Thought we'd go Zach Kuntz at both 6th round picks

And then thought we'd go Pace in the 7th.

I did, Hoever, nail the DJ Turner pick at both position and specific player.

And then in the 5th, I named 2 players, Kuntz or, if we want RB, Brown.

So, by that logic, those are my two favorite picks because they were picks I'd make in those exact situations.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 02:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ima vote for the punter because of the phone call

Holy Shit!
Reply/Quote
Chase Brown.This guy is special,and they landed him with a fifth round pick.When this Offense gets the ground game going,they are hard to stop.
Reply/Quote