Chase Brown
Andrei Iosivas
Brad Robbins
DJ Ivey
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite pick?
While all these guys have a chance to contribute.. I vote for the Punter as he will be here a long long time
Reply/Quote
I think the 3 most exciting picks in this draft are Brown,Jone,and Iosivas.They all have great potential.They received the most votes after Myles Murphy.

Here’s to wishing the 3 of them the best of luck.Let’s say,for instance,the 3 of them make the 53,and in the best case scenario they would excel in this Offense,then that would be at the very least,very entertaining.
Reply/Quote
I’ve probably already posted in this thread. And I’m not looking but I’ve changed my mind several time.

I think the two I’m most excited about are the two I expect will have the most impact. Myles Murphy I think will play a lot. I think he spells Trey and Sam and moves inside on many occasions in a nascar package. Charlie Jones will be the returner and I think they use a lot of 10 personnel with Jones. He won’t get a ton of snaps but he’s gonna be a big surprise. This guy on a team of great wide receivers is going to get overlooked and Joe’s gonna find him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I went with the Punter, because he seems primed to get the most spotlight this year. Everyone else is depth or future starters for the most part.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 11:15 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I loved the Battle pick. He’s versatile with a lot of experience at a high level. Wanted him last year if he had been in the draft.

Overall, I like this draft more than last years. Think a lot of the later round guys have a real chance to contribute as depth pieces. Loved the Brown and Jones picks too. Glad we got a pass rusher as it was much needed. Didn’t pay much attention to Turner before the draft but liking what I’ve seen so far. Overall I expected a TE and OT fairly early but I’m happy with the way it turned out.

Interesting comparison.  The same coaches, same administration....  They have had some time to figure out what they have and what they need.'

Last year:

Dax Hill
CTB
Zack Carter
Cordelle Volson
Tyson Anderson
Jeffrey Gunter

Of all those picks, only Carter, CTB, and Volson saw much playing time.  I don't think anyone sees Anderson as a starter, although I like him.  Gunter is an incomplete due to injury.  

This year:

Myles Murphy
DJ Turner
Jordan Battle
Charlie Jones
Chase Brown
Andrei Iosivas
Brad Robbins
DJ Ivey

Right out of the gate, Murphy will play and contribute.  He could really help keep Hendrickson and Hubbard fresh in rotation and I could see Lou using more stunts as that was something Murphy excelled in at Clemson.

DJ Turner is a versatile corner that can play slot or outside.  Great insurance behind Hilton and Awuzie.

Battle will play.  I am not saying he starts, but I can absolutely see 3 safety big dime packages with him, Hill, and Scott.  Special teams will also benefit from this guy.  

Charlie Jones.  My fav pick.  Immediate upgrade on KR, PR, and #4 WR.  Dude catches everything, runs crisp routes, and has speed to burn.  Boyd will definitely be seeing some snaps go his way without a quick start and he will see the field on 4 WR packages.  I LOVE the idea of someone new that uncovers quickly.  Chase was the only one that had that last year. 

Chase Brown.  MUCH more dynamic playmaker than Perine in both run and pass game.  Will need to prove himself as a blocker, but his production and athleticism is outstanding.  Analytics love this guy the most out of all our picks, for what that is worth.

Andrei Iosivas.  Physical freak that will be given every opportunity to develop.  Could actually be on active roster if he can prove he can help on teams.

Brad Robbins.  Everyone remembers that punt that doomed the Bengals in KC.  Robbins was the NCAA leader in hang time two years straight and was booming 48 yarders before an injury last year.  He will be 100%.  Huge potential upgrade.

DJ Ivey.  PS candidate.  

In all, I would say I LOVE this year's draft compared to last year's.  OH!  AND THEY GOT ORLANDO BROWN!!!
Reply/Quote
Charlie Jones will open up the passing game big time. Maybe not at the start of this year, but long term. I think he has Cooper Kupp written all over him. This will allow Chase to move around and Boyd to walk in free agency.
Reply/Quote
I went with DJ Turner. I've got a feeling that he's going to have a few spectacular pick6s over the course of his career. I'm just hoping that the first one is a collaborative effort with fellow rookie Myles Murphy deflecting a pass that lands in Turner's hands.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 06:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I went with DJ Turner.  I've got a feeling that he's going to have a few spectacular pick6s over the course of his career.  I'm just hoping that the first one is a collaborative effort with fellow rookie Myles Murphy deflecting a pass that lands in Turner's hands.

DJ Turner having the best hips/speed combination certainly could mean we haven't even had a true glimpse of what he can do.

Usually if you are a good Corner you have good hips or you are fast, rare when you have both and both are elite.

Definitely understand Turner being your favorite pick Sunset, like I said, it is hard to pick. I just had to go with Chase Brown, as we 
really needed a RB that could pass block and just be more complete overall than Mixon to help our run game and passing game. To 
get him in the 5th round I think is a crazy steal, we will see.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 06:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: DJ Turner having the best hips/speed combination certainly could mean we haven't even had a true glimpse of what he can do.

Usually if you are a good Corner you have good hips or you are fast, rare when you have both and both are elite.

Definitely understand Turner being your favorite pick Sunset, like I said, it is hard to pick. I just had to go with Chase Brown, as we 
really needed a RB that could pass block and just be more complete overall than Mixon to help our run game and passing game. To 
get him in the 5th round I think is a crazy steal, we will see.

Nothing at all wrong with Chase Brown being your favorite pick, lots to like about him, heck I even had him in two of my mocks.  I'm pretty excited about the draft class as a collective, I think that down the road we'll find that more of these guys stick for lengthy careers than most average draft classes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Pretty wild our 5th round pick is in second place as the favorite pick. Normally I would think that is probably a bad thing because your early round picks sucked. But i don’t think that is the case here.

We really crushed this draft.
Reply/Quote
Brad Robbins. I think he will be our punter for a VERY long time. Our special teams will be much much better with him as our punter. I think he can be one of the best in the league, and have our special teams as one of the best in the league again this year. I feel like our special team unit last year put us in some bad positions, and was a key reason why we lost in the AFCCG IMO. I don't think that happens with Robbins.
Reply/Quote
Charlie Jones - So much to like about this draft - and a lot of ways to impact immediately.

I'm still smarting over losing Washington to Pittsburgh - and I know: knees and fit. But I wanted us to be rubbing the AFC north's collective face in the ground and then exploding all over them. And I would love to have drafted Hunter Luepke in the 7th. But again not our style of offense... I guess

Having said that, I feel like we had an excellent draft. And I LOVE that we have a 4th receiver that has juice, sticky hands and an aggressive mentality. And it doesn't hurt to have a backup that can get separation and go long. Add the ST impact and he really checks a lot of boxes. Have you seen closeups of his face?? Guy plays angry!!
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 07:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nothing at all wrong with Chase Brown being your favorite pick, lots to like about him, heck I even had him in two of my mocks.  I'm pretty excited about the draft class as a collective, I think that down the road we'll find that more of these guys stick for lengthy careers than most average draft classes.

I never put Brown in any of my Mocks because I was always looking for a RB in the 3rd round and then late so he was either
a reach in the 3rd by the simulator or gone by the 5th. Honestly I would of been fine with him in the 3rd, I just had a higher 
grade on guys like Spears, Achane and Bigsby because of big play potential but with Chase Brown's 4.43 speed he has this 
potential as well and is the better blocker by far out of these guys.

(05-04-2023, 01:25 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Pretty wild our 5th round pick is in second place as the favorite pick. Normally I would think that is probably a bad thing because your early round picks sucked. But i don’t think that is the case here.

We really crushed this draft.

Exactly, never seen a 5th round pick being the 2nd fave in a post draft poll before...

(05-04-2023, 01:34 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Brad Robbins. I think he will be our punter for a VERY long time. Our special teams will be much much better with him as our punter. I think he can be one of the best in the league, and have our special teams as one of the best in the league again this year. I feel like our special team unit last year put us in some bad positions, and was a key reason why we lost in the AFCCG IMO. I don't think that happens with Robbins.

Great points, yes, Robbins could be good, you love a Punter with that kind of hang time to pin team's deep.

I wasn't impressed with Huber the last few years or Chrisman last year at all, so this could be a great pick.

ST's as you say, was really lacking all around last year and Simmons knows it. This Draft crushed it on ST's.
Reply/Quote
Another Bengals-fandom day where I debate this question: Turner, Jones, or Brown? I've barely given any attention to thinking about Murphy. I'm content with this draft and think it proves beneficial to the Bengals in the upcoming seasons.
Reply/Quote
Battle. I think he will start from Day 1
Reply/Quote