Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ced and Fisher played well against the Steelers according to PFF
Improvement from these guys is essential.

We move on from Blodine and that will help our Guards, that is of course after we move on from PA.

Like Bfine said the Guard out of ND would be a fine addition and i liked what i saw out of Krugler that Center out of Michigan lately.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 01:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Improvement from these guys is essential.

We move on from Blodine and that will help our Guards, that is of course after we move on from PA.

Like Bfine said the Guard out of ND would be a fine addition and i liked what i saw out of Krugler that Center out of Michigan lately.

So true but we have been waiting for the franchise to move on from Bodine for a while now. 

Even longer waiting on PA. 

Hopefully this is the year. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 01:04 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Ironically now will be the time you agree with them.  Mellow

I generally agree with PFF's rankings (even defended them at times) and this year has been no exception. You'd be hard pressed to show otherwise.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I guess I have higher standards than PFF - to me if a linemen even once lets a defender in unblocked the grade is an automatic F. To expect them to at least get a hand on the defender to slow them down a step is not unreasonable. Well, we had Og, Fisher, Bodine and Hopkins all let defenders in totally unblocked.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 02:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I generally agree with PFF's rankings (even defended them at times) and this year has been no exception. You'd be hard pressed to show otherwise.

Yeah...if you take all personal preferences out of them and look deeper...they're pretty accurate.

There's more to being a LB than making 7 tackles a game.

I think people have a 'Madden mindset' where Madden has a guy ranked 92 and he will consistently be good. The rating for PFF are based on actual play in that game. Therefore, yes AJ Green could have a bad game here and there.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 01:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now comes the time when we disagree with PFF's ratings.

Yeah, I don't think PFF guys actually watched the game. Andy was under fire from all sides, left, right, middle. It was a display of how not to block a 3-4 defense.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 02:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: So true but we have been waiting for the franchise to move on from Bodine for a while now. 

Even longer waiting on PA. 

Hopefully this is the year. 

The next HC needs to be able to hand pick his own guys.

If there is a year that this happens this should be it.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 02:27 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, I don't think PFF guys actually watched the game. Andy was under fire from all sides, left, right, middle. It was a display of how not to block a 3-4 defense.

In the 2nd half he was. In the 1st half, the blocking was adequate. Pass blocking atleast.

When you get behind and HAVE to pass...teams start to pass rush you relentlessly. That's what we saw.
Reply/Quote