Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fear the walking dead
The father and his son are people you want see ripped apart from day one.

The Hispanic father character is going to change this show real quick.  Ruben Blades is a decent actor.  The junkie kid isn't bad IMO.

Is it just me, or does the mom remind you of Elisabeth Shue's less attractive double? LOL  No personality either.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 11:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The father and his son are people you want see ripped apart from day one.

The Hispanic father character is going to change this show real quick.  Ruben Blades is a decent actor.  The junkie kid isn't bad IMO.

Is it just me, or does the mom remind you of Elisabeth Shue's less attractive double? LOL  No personality either.

havent liked the mothers part so far but she will be the one willing to do anything for her junkie son i believe.

And arent both the fathers in the house hispanic?

But i think the daughter of the one your talking about (from the store downtown) travels with the family and that Father guy losses it after his wife dies.
Reply/Quote
So, has anyone watched the whole first season? The last episode finally brings the show to the point I think a lot of the original series fans want.

I know if I had started watching the original show from the beginning I wouldn't have made it through the first season. One of the things that makes this show more intersting to me is you don't experience the aspect of someone waking from a coma to a different world. This show addresses how things devolve to get to that point. I need that for willing suspension of disbelief even if it bores the majority of people who are inclined to watch a "zombie" movie or TV show or even a comic reader (and not, I'm not ripping on anyone who is so inclined). But hey, the original needed to draw people in fast instead of building to the point people like me might find it somewhat interesting (My intro to the original was the last 4 episodes of last season then I went back and watched all episodes just to determine it wasn't until late third and into the fourth for me to finall find it interesting if i had started watching from the beginning to begin with).

No spoilers from me but reasons I think fans of the original series might want to at least finish the first season of this one.

If you stopped watching after episodes 1 or 2 you didn't see how Daniel Salazar is the first character to actually appear interesting.

If you stopped after the third episode you missed hints at how things are going to unfold.

If you missed episode 5 you missed the introduction of the character I think is the best in the show so far. I don't think his name is mentioned in that episode but he is introduced through Nick (the heroin addicted son) and his name is Victor Strand. I haven't seen a character in the original series that even remotely resembles this guy.

And if you didn't make it to the finale you didnt see the shit finally hitting the fan (or maybe a head?).

If the first few episodes of the second season are handled well, this show may end up being better than the original.
Reply/Quote
It was ok. None of the characters are really that interesting so far outside of the junkie and Travis' ex. Having grown up around people in the medical profession, I always thought a cool aspect of the start of a zombie outbreak is how those people handle the early days, how they respond. So, that sucks.

Strand could be good, but I'm getting to the point in life where enigmatic characters without a reason to be enigmatic are just annoying.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 10:35 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: havent liked the mothers part so far but she will be the one willing to do anything for her junkie son i believe.

And arent both the fathers in the house hispanic?

But i think the daughter of the one your talking about (from the store downtown) travels with the family and that Father guy losses it after his wife dies.

Looks to me like the one dude is like Egyptian or Persian. 

Finale was OK.  A little early to kill off a character I think, unless she had to leave to film a new season of Orange is the New Black.

Strand or whatever his name is must have some serious jack to have that house and boat.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 10:27 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Looks to me like the one dude is like Egyptian or Persian. 

Finale was OK.  A little early to kill off a character I think, unless she had to leave to film a new season of Orange is the New Black.

Strand or whatever his name is must have some serious jack to have that house and boat.  

Well I'm definitely not watching it now. The only decent character they had is now gone.  Viewership is way down, I'd be surprised if this show makes it past season 2 without some major writing and cast changes. Thank god the real walking dead is back this week.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote