Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fej offers a dilemma
(09-09-2018, 06:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The number showed 16 PFs by Williams last year.

I believe that would've been an NFL record, wouldn't it have been?

Must be, didn't think it was that many man. Shocked

(09-09-2018, 06:58 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: It’s hard to believe he was a 7th round pick and is now a special teams captain and all around playmaker. Guy is really good at any spot we put him in.

I have been a Haslett hater but he was big on Fej at Illinois, damn that is hard to spell.

Haslett watched him there and said he was the best player on that team, we see it now.

Maybe we should add him as a scout and add a great LB'er coach LMAO!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I kept on seeing Shawn lead the league in personal fouls on the bottom line last season over an over again...

Is this fake news or what? I don't know anymore my brother Truck. Mellow

(09-09-2018, 06:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The number showed 16 PFs by Williams last year.

I believe that would've been an NFL record, wouldn't it have been?

made up nonsense guys common. He had 2! Penalties the entire season. One face mask and one unnecessary roughness.

Just the idea that ANY player would have 16 personal fouls in a single season is comically stupid.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:12 PM)motoarch Wrote: made up nonsense guys common. He had 2! Penalties the entire season. One face mask and one unnecessary roughness.

Just the idea that ANY player would have 16 personal fouls in a single season is comically stupid.

As I said, that's nearly impossible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:12 PM)motoarch Wrote: made up nonsense guys common.  He had 2! Penalties the entire season.  One face mask and one unnecessary roughness.

Damn i wish they would make up that fake news about Mike Mitchell or something, but it would be true....
Reply/Quote
Our worst offender last year was Dre K. But don’t tell fredtoast( it’ll break his heart)that. He accounted for 155 yards of penalties. Second in the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:29 PM)motoarch Wrote: Our worst offender last year was Dre K. But don’t tell fredtoast( it’ll break his heart)that.  He accounted for 155 yards of penalties.  Second in the league.

shhhhhhhhhh.....
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not a dilemma to me, start Fej, he has clearly won the start opposite Bates after his play.

Captain Fej should start.

Shawn can be a great ST'er i have no doubt. That hit he put on Luck is just not in the game anymore.

Fej is just as good in coverage as Shawn and is more of a playmaker it seems.

Racer loves this thread i tell yah. Hilarious

Yep. I don't see the dilemma at all. 

Didn't McRae(sp?) get his ass right on the punt return guy a couple times? 

Teams will be ok without Fej.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Fej played great even before the game winning TD. Williams will likely be suspended for at least a game and Fej will have a chance to jump from special teams to starting strong saftey.

Williams may not be suspended.  The NFL has in the past, where the player missed a substanial portion of a game due to an ejection, considered the ejected game as the 1 game suspension.  Can't get much earlier than the 2nd series.  Of course they may consider him a repeat personal fouler and get him for that.   

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 05:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I am one that thinks Fej has earned the starting job at Safety. But, if he were to start, he couldn't play teams, and he makes just about every ST tackle. Starting him improves the backfield, but greatly weakens special teams....What to do, what to do.....

Williams will be given his role back, but I can't help but think that we are better with Fej in there in sure passing downs.  Maybe more of a rotation?  
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:08 PM)pally Wrote: Williams may not be suspended.  The NFL has in the past, where the player missed a substanial portion of a game due to an ejection, considered the ejected game as the 1 game suspension.  Can't get much earlier than the 2nd series.  Of course they may consider him a repeat personal fouler and get him for that.   

Well, he wears the same jersey as Burfict, so he has that going against him.  

Ironically, it was Iloka that always seemed to head hunt, not as much as a Mike Mitchell, but still....
Reply/Quote
No dilemma he actually got exposed most the day in coverage. A lot of the drag and crossing route completions were on him. As great as his play was at the end, I think Williams stop a lot of those under neath completions simply through his experience.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not a dilemma to me, start Fej, he has clearly won the start opposite Bates after his play.

Captain Fej should start.

Shawn can be a great ST'er i have no doubt. That hit he put on Luck is just not in the game anymore.

Fej is just as good in coverage as Shawn and is more of a playmaker it seems.

Racer loves this thread i tell yah. Hilarious

I know the falcons lost a starting Saftey...   but if we traded Williams away we are extremely thin at S...

But I do feel comfortable with Fej starting whenever needed.
Reply/Quote
It's a bit of a dilemma, but I'd start him.  Hell, he can play both.....he flies all over the field.  Shit, line him up in some passing formations while we're at it. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 08:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. I don't see the dilemma at all. 

Didn't McRae(sp?) get his ass right on the punt return guy a couple times? 

Teams will be ok without Fej.

He did.  He looked pretty good out there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Fej is great vs. the run but he was picked on today by Luck. His coverage skills aren't all that hot.
Reply/Quote
we were lucky to get Luck in his first game. He is going to have a great year if he survives.

Fej is a better player than Williams in my opinion. In any case, he is a great sub and explains why they let go of Illoka.
Reply/Quote
It's no longer a dilemma when the solution is obviously better and easily doable.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 08:22 AM)Au165 Wrote: No dilemma he actually got exposed most the day in coverage. A lot of the drag and crossing route completions were on him. As great as his play was at the end, I think Williams stop a lot of those under neath completions simply through his experience.

You do realize that crossing routes are meant to beat man coverage?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 02:46 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: You do realize that crossing routes are meant to beat man coverage?

They are actually meant to beat both man and zone based on design. If they are built in with a levels concept behind it they can hold the zone and cause a two way choice for the hook zone defenders. If the zone has matching concepts that pass the zone off into a man based on count and formation then the defender would pick up the crosser on the back side like man. My first reaction watching was Fej had issues navigating traffic on the drag in straight man and missed coming down out of zone to pick one up at least once (hard to tell on this without seeing a wider view). 
Reply/Quote
Yeah let's not over react after one game; Shawn is a good player and doesn't really warrented a benching.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote