Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fiery Taylor Asks Bengals To Stay Connected
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y - Bengals head coach Zac Taylor, who brought California cool with his Rams playbook, blew hot in Sunday’s post-game speech to his team.

In the wake of the Bills’ 21-17 victory secured on an interception of Andy Dalton at the Bills 10 with 12 seconds left, Taylor’s voice could be heard in the adjacent interview room.

Basically, he was telling his players in a raised, animated voice to hang in because they’re playing tough enough and battling enough to win. Safety Jessie Bates admitted that was a new side to Taylor.

“Zac’s kind of a calm and cool guy. I think that gets us going, too, when gets fired up,” Bates said.

Safety Shawn Williams loved it.

“I love Zac. That’s all I could think about,” Williams said of the talk. “I’ll play for him. I’ll never quit on that guy. Not him … He wants to win. He knows how to win. We just have to put it together.”

Taylor kept his composure, but he sees plays like the holding call that wiped out Darius Phillips' kick return TD and the 12-men on the field penalty that forced them to score a touchdown at the end and not kick a tying field goal and knows how close they are to 2-1 instead of 0-3. He also knows what's next: "The wolves are coming and they're going to try and tear us apart." He defined wolves as "anybody who's not in our building."

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-fiery-taylor-asks-bengals-to-stay-connected
Reply/Quote
Too little too late.

0-3 means another lost season. They need to give fans actual, tangible results NOW. Otherwise just fold the franchise or move it as there has just been too much failure for too long.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Once again just one player on each play out of position or did not fill his gap. But not the same guy in each play. So we ar that close to being a super bowl team
Reply/Quote
Coaches should be paid differently for wins, than for losses. Hell, everyone should be. Fans, you get 50% off for a losing season! Buy now! Marvin's giggle always reminded me that mofo got paid major bucks regardless if they win, lose, or draw.
Reply/Quote
Monday Night Football will be a real Nielsen rating record! Let’s read this in a Howard Cosell voice:

“Bengals. Steelers. Usually two AFC physical powerhouses who play each other dirty with overtones of ugliness. Hate fills the stadium. In the fourth quarter the officials need whips, chairs, and body bags to separate the players. Former Bengal Vontaze Burfict is in Oakland and Oakland considered former Steeler Antonio Brown unworthy of the infamous black and silver.

“But this year, Cincinnati has lost its pugilistic passion for performance and Pittsburgh is reeling from the loss of the heavyweight Ben Roethlisberger who hasn’t lost to the Bengals since Millard Fillmore was president. The match appears to be akin to a girl fight at a slumber party or maybe two mice quarreling over a piece of cheese. It’s a snoozer waiting to happen but the outcome hangs in the balance. It’s Zac against Mike which sounds like a frat guy tennis match.

“Someone, unfortunately, will win the game; their first of the season.”
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:31 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Coaches should be paid differently for wins, than for losses. Hell, everyone should be. Fans, you get 50% off for a losing season! Buy now! Marvin's giggle always reminded me that mofo got paid major bucks regardless if they win, lose, or draw.

If that was the case we would still be looking for a HC. Hell we couldn’t even find a DC as it is.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Monday Night Football will be a real Nielsen rating record!  Let’s read this in a Howard Cosell voice:

When from out of nowhere, this man, number 13, Kenny Riley, with the interception and majestic 27 yard return for the touchdown! 

Howard always made every game seem like the most important thing on the planet.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Monday Night Football will be a real Nielsen rating record! Let’s read this in a Howard Cosell voice:

“Bengals. Steelers. Usually two AFC physical powerhouses who play each other dirty with overtones of ugliness. Hate fills the stadium. In the fourth quarter the officials need whips, chairs, and body bags to separate the players. Former Bengal Vontaze Burfict is in Oakland and Oakland considered former Steeler Antonio Brown unworthy of the infamous black and silver.

“But this year, Cincinnati has lost its pugilistic passion for performance and Pittsburgh is reeling from the loss of the heavyweight Ben Roethlisberger who hasn’t lost to the Bengals since Millard Fillmore was president. The match appears to be akin to a girl fight at a slumber party or maybe two mice quarreling over a piece of cheese. It’s a snoozer waiting to happen but the outcome hangs in the balance. It’s Zac against Mike which sounds like a frat guy tennis match.

“Someone, unfortunately, will win the game; their first of the season.”

Who would have thunk it! Who would have thought Pitt would be 0-3 come Monday Night.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:41 PM)TKUHL Wrote: If that was the case we would still be looking for a HC. Hell we couldn’t even find a DC as it is.

Maybe Marvin would have been out sooner...I don't know, taylor stlil has his work cut out, anyone could have been 0-3. Including you and me lol.

Taylor is saying the wolves are coming, he means us (the fans), the media, etc. He didn't seem to mean other teams (seeing a weak team to eat them alive). More like all the articles about Taylor can't get it done, is dalton the one, why can't we run, etc. Some of us wolves were out before the 1st game started.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:43 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Who would have thunk it! Who would have thought Pitt would be 0-3 come Monday Night.

Me. After Week Four the AFC North will be a collective 5-11.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Maybe Marvin would have been out sooner...I don't know, taylor stlil has his work cut out, anyone could have been 0-3. Including you and me lol.

Taylor is saying the wolves are coming, he means us (the fans), the media, etc. He didn't seem to mean other teams (seeing a weak team to eat them alive). More like all the articles about Taylor can't get it done, is dalton the one, why can't we run, etc. Some of us wolves were out before the 1st game started.

I do disagree where he's saying they are playing well enough to win. I think their execution is off. Playcalling is questionable. Fundamentals are bad.

To talk to the team like they should be 2-1 is just false. They are 0-3. They need to work hard.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: Too little too late.

0-3 means another lost season. They need to give fans actual, tangible results NOW. Otherwise just fold the franchise or move it as there has just been too much failure for too long.

I wouldn't call it a lost season just yet. The Browns are overrated, the Steelers are 0-3, and yes, the Ravens look like the early favorites, but the Bengals haven't played anybody in the division yet. The Patriots and the Chiefs are the cream of the crop in the AFC, but the Bengals could still make noise in the AFC North.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:18 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I wouldn't call it a lost season just yet. The Browns are overrated, the Steelers are 0-3, and yes, the Ravens look like the early favorites, but the Bengals haven't played anybody in the division yet. The Patriots and the Chiefs are the cream of the crop in the AFC, but the Bengals could still make noise in the AFC North.

Well...to get to 9-7 which one would think is the minimum to win the division...we'd need to finish 9-4. Seems like a far stretch.

We'd likely need to beat the Steelers TWICE. The Browns TWICE. Miami, the Jets, Cardinals, Raiders, and Jaguars. I don't see that all happening.

My guess is we'll beat the Steelers once. The Cardinals, Jets, Dolphins, and Raiders to finish 5-11.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I do disagree where he's saying they are playing well enough to win. I think their execution is off. Playcalling is questionable. Fundamentals are bad.

To talk to the team like they should be 2-1 is just false. They are 0-3. They need to work hard.

It’s funny how you can sense it too when it comes to fundamentals. I didn’t see any flags or any bad block on the Darius return, but I could feel a flag coming, was 99% sure of it
Reply/Quote
2.8% of teams since 1980 have made the playoffs after starting 0-3. In addition to HOFer AJ Green coming back, we need some magic and luck from other teams to occur.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:41 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: When from out of nowhere, this man, number 13, Kenny Riley, with the interception and majestic 27 yard return for the touchdown! 

Howard always made every game seem like the most important thing on the planet.

Down goes Dalton!!! Down goes Dalton!!! Down goes Dalton!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:26 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 2.8% of teams since 1980 have made the playoffs after starting 0-3. In addition to HOFer AJ Green coming back, we need some magic and luck from other teams to occur.

I'm not so sure AJ will be a HOF player. He's really good, but statistically the HOF guys have way more yards.
Reply/Quote
If Zac is as fiery as Marvin, it could get ugly at pbs
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: “Someone, unfortunately, will win the game; their first of the season.”

Could always end in a tie.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Maybe Marvin would have been out sooner...I don't know, taylor stlil has his work cut out, anyone could have been 0-3. Including you and me lol.

Right, Taylor’s remark is somewhat concerning. Here we are 0-3 and he seems more worried about the critics and fans instead of who we play next week. He definitely doesn’t fear his boss that’s for sure.
Reply/Quote