Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fiery Taylor Asks Bengals To Stay Connected
(09-22-2019, 11:37 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Just watched Goff fake a pitch to the left, then roll right - there wasn't a Cleveland player within 5-10 yards of him... easy completion for like 15 yards.
Bottom line, if your QB is getting killed in the pocket, move him out/away from the pocket.

Which is what I wonder. Why we don't do that.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: Much like the Chargers we put ourselves in that position, and much like Andy Dalton, Philip Rivers threw an errant pass in traffic that was (in his case almost) intercepted. It happens. Rivers' bad throw was on 4th down, tipped, and the second defender dropped it. In our game, they intercepted the tip.

I will say this...it seems an inordinate amount of passes that are tipped against the Bengals seem to get picked off, while most of the Bengals D tips fall harmlessly to the turf. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I will say this...it seems an inordinate amount of passes that are tipped against the Bengals seem to get picked off, while most of the Bengals D tips fall harmlessly to the turf. 

We need that Terryl Austin D that had players swarm the ball like a 1st grade soccer team. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I will say this...it seems an inordinate amount of passes that are tipped against the Bengals seem to get picked off, while most of the Bengals D tips fall harmlessly to the turf. 

That's an interesting point. And a lot of our CB's have really low career interception numbers. But, I guess not all tipped passes are equal.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If we lose to a bottom tier team (something we were sure SF and Buffalo were until they beat us) I'm sure we'd find a reason we shoulda won.  So far that seems to be the mantra of 2019.  We shoulda won. 

I don't think Buffalo is a bad team, and SF I definitely better with some FA acquisitions, Bosa, and Garrapolo back at QB. I thought we were an 8-8 team coming in, and think that's still plausible.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Bengals football baby! Mellow

Reply/Quote
I told everyone SF would be a good team. Last year they had the #13 defense and #16 offense. This year they added two Pro Bowl LBs and a very good QB. that is a legit playoff team.

Seattle is a solid team.

The Bills had the NUMBER TWO defense in the league last year. Their offense stunk but they added 1000 yd WR John Brown and four new starters to the O-line including $45 million OC Mitch Morris.

We played two of those teams tight to the finish. So we are not a total garbage team. But I don't see us getting close to the playoffs this year.

There are a bunch of reasons we have only won one of out last eleven games. They are not going to get fixed this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I told everyone SF would be a good team.  Last year they had the #13 defense and #16 offense.  This year they added two Pro Bowl LBs and a very good QB.  that is a legit playoff team.
They were 13th in yards per game but near the bottom of the league in Points allowed per game Points allowed and were dead last in turnovers. They werent a good defense in 2018.
Of course like you said they added alot to that defense and it looks legit this year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:45 PM)Synric Wrote: They were 13th in yards per game but near the bottom of the league in Points allowed per game Points allowed and were dead last in turnovers. They werent a good defense in 2018.
Of course like you said they added alot to that defense and it looks legit this year.

Here is a mind blowing stat on last years 49ers that explains a lot about the points allowed.  Niners QBs threw 20 ints (30th) while the defense just intercepted 2 (32nd).
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Bengals football baby! Mellow

You know, there is a joke in there about "Bengals D tips falling harmlessly to the turf"...

I'm surprised Fred didn't pick up on it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:18 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Which is what I wonder. Why we don't do that.

Dalton did fake a handoff and walked in for a TD against Buffalo. But that just underscores the point that we should probably do it more. Yes it can be risky for your QB but if you can't generate offense then there isn't really a point to keeping your QB healthy. 

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: ORCHARD PARK, N.Y - Bengals head coach Zac Taylor, who brought California cool with his Rams playbook, blew hot in Sunday’s post-game speech to his team.

In the wake of the Bills’ 21-17 victory secured on an interception of Andy Dalton at the Bills 10 with 12 seconds left, Taylor’s voice could be heard in the adjacent interview room.

Basically, he was telling his players in a raised, animated voice to hang in because they’re playing tough enough and battling enough to win. Safety Jessie Bates admitted that was a new side to Taylor.

“Zac’s kind of a calm and cool guy. I think that gets us going, too, when gets fired up,” Bates said.

Safety Shawn Williams loved it.

“I love Zac. That’s all I could think about,” Williams said of the talk. “I’ll play for him. I’ll never quit on that guy. Not him … He wants to win. He knows how to win. We just have to put it together.”

Taylor kept his composure, but he sees plays like the holding call that wiped out Darius Phillips' kick return TD and the 12-men on the field penalty that forced them to score a touchdown at the end and not kick a tying field goal and knows how close they are to 2-1 instead of 0-3. He also knows what's next: "The wolves are coming and they're going to try and tear us apart." He defined wolves as "anybody who's not in our building."

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-fiery-taylor-asks-bengals-to-stay-connected

What does "Stay connected" mean exactly?

Wolves are what you get when you hype improvement all off-season, then deliver unimprovement.

Pittsburgh was the game I had circled as a key game to measure this coaching staff. Sadly, I didn't expect an 0-3 start for the Bengals or the Steelers. It looks like the Steelers are on the decline. So the next game to circle is Baltimore. Marv generally handled Baltimore well, Steelers not so much. 

Can ZT handle the Steelers? Can he handle Baltimore?

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 06:59 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Dalton did fake a handoff and walked in for a TD against Buffalo. But that just underscores the point that we should probably do it more. Yes it can be risky for your QB but if you can't generate offense then there isn't really a point to keeping your QB healthy. 

Nice misdirection on the Mixon screen too.

Reply/Quote