Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Cut list
So we're light on OL, LB, CB, and RB

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-announce-53-man-roster

The Bengals reached the NFL's mandatory 53-man limit Saturday by making the corresponding roster moves.

--Moved the following two players to the Reserve/Injured list ... placed on that list today:

RB Rodney Anderson
QB Jeff Driskel
--Moved the following two players to the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list ... placed on that list today:

CB Darqueze Dennard
OT Jonah Williams
--Moved the following player to the Reserve/Suspended by Commissioner list ... placed on that list today:

G Alex Redmond
-Deleted the following vested veteran ... contract terminated today:

G John Jerry
Deleted the following 21 players ... all waived today:

TE Moritz Böhringer
CB Jordan Brown
WR Ventell Bryant
CB Anthony Chesley
WR Cody Core
LB Deshaun Davis
LB Noah Dawkins
HB Jordan Ellis
OT Justin Evans
HB Quinton Flowers
TE Jordan Franks
CB Davontae Harris
S Trayvon Henderson
LB Malik Jefferson
S Tyree Kinnel
C Brad Lundblade
WR Stanley Morgan
CB KeiVarae Russell
TE Mason Schreck
WR Hunter Sharp (injury settlement)
G Keaton Sutherland

cut yesterday
LB Curtis Akins
C Kirk Barron
S Demetrious Cox
LS Dan Godsil
CB Tony Lippett
DT Dare Odeyingbo
DT Christian Ringo (injury settlement)
LB Sterling Sheffield
DE Immanuel Turner
K Tristan Vizcaino
G Christian Westerman

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:32 PM)pally Wrote: So we're light on OL, LB, CB, and RB

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-announce-53-man-roster

The Bengals reached the NFL's mandatory 53-man limit Saturday by making the corresponding roster moves.

--Moved the following two players to the Reserve/Injured list ... placed on that list today:

RB Rodney Anderson
QB Jeff Driskel
--Moved the following two players to the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list ... placed on that list today:

CB Darqueze Dennard
OT Jonah Williams
--Moved the following player to the Reserve/Suspended by Commissioner list ... placed on that list today:

G Alex Redmond
-Deleted the following vested veteran ... contract terminated today:

G John Jerry
Deleted the following 21 players ... all waived today:

TE Moritz Böhringer
CB Jordan Brown
WR Ventell Bryant
CB Anthony Chesley
WR Cody Core
LB Deshaun Davis
LB Noah Dawkins
HB Jordan Ellis
OT Justin Evans
HB Quinton Flowers
TE Jordan Franks
CB Davontae Harris
S Trayvon Henderson
LB Malik Jefferson
S Tyree Kinnel
C Brad Lundblade
WR Stanley Morgan
CB KeiVarae Russell
TE Mason Schreck
WR Hunter Sharp (injury settlement)
G Keaton Sutherland

cut yesterday
LB Curtis Akins
C Kirk Barron
S Demetrious Cox
LS Dan Godsil
CB Tony Lippett
DT Dare Odeyingbo
DT Christian Ringo (injury settlement)
LB Sterling Sheffield
DE Immanuel Turner
K Tristan Vizcaino
G Christian Westerman
What's the difference between the Reserve/Injured list and the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What's the difference between the Reserve/Injured list and the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list?

One is IR, one is PUP.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: One is IR, one is PUP.

OK, what is the difference between IR and PUP?

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What's the difference between the Reserve/Injured list and the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list?

Players on the PUP list can return after week 6.
Reply/Quote
Where’s Dugas?

Never mind, I see he made the 53!
Reply/Quote

reserved injured/IR  players are done for the season

reserved/PUP means they can return early as week 6

if someone is on the IR/designated for return they have to be on the final 53 roster

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Players on the PUP list can return after week 6.
I thought you had to keep those guys on your initial 53 and move them the next day

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OK, what is the difference between IR and PUP?

Classic IR is done for the year. IR designated to return means they can come back after week 8 (i'm not sure if Driskel is return or not but it doesn't look like it). I don't think they've designated anyone to return yet. 

PUP means they can come back after week 6. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:44 PM)pally Wrote: reserved injured/IR  players are done for the season

reserved/PUP means they can return early as week 6

if someone is on the IR/designated for return they have to be on the final 53 roster

Got it. Must be because Jonah, Dennard never practiced. With us light at OL and LB fringe players cannot be out house shopping today. 

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought you had to keep those guys on your initial 53 and move them the next day

not PUP since they have yet to practice or play

Dugas is on the 53 but he could still be a casualty if we add someone from the waiver wire

Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner thinks they will add an OL and LB by tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Paul Dehner thinks they will add an OL and LB by tomorrow.

I think it's why we held onto Jake, waive him tomorrow and probably move AJ to that IR/Return list

Reply/Quote
So....

11 D-line (for now)
8 - O-line. Dugas makes it after Jerry cut
5 LB - Hardy Nickerson makes it (for now)
4 TEs - Carter over Schreck
7 WRs - Malone makes it over Core
5 CBs - McRae over Harris
Only 3 RBs after Anderson's injury allowing 3 QBs - Dolegala makes it

I'd be surprised if that's still the roster in a week's time.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it's why we held onto Jake, waive him tomorrow and probably move AJ to that IR/Return list

Kind of off topic: As far as AJ goes, something that was changed last year is that you don't have to specifically designate a player to come off the IR list any more. Anyone (2 players max per year) that's on IR can come off any time after week 8. 

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Classic IR is done for the year. IR designated to return means they can come back after week 8 (i'm not sure if Driskel is return or not but it doesn't look like it). I don't think they've designated anyone to return yet. 

PUP means they can come back after week 6. 

The rules changed a bit, iirc, for designating players to return from IR.  You don't have to designate the player when they go on IR, anymore.  They just have to have been a player that was on the 53 after the cutdown deadline. 

Since Driskel(and Anderson) was put on IR as part of the final cuts, he wouldn't be eligible to return.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:59 PM)Whatever Wrote: The rules changed a bit, iirc, for designating players to return from IR.  You don't have to designate the player when they go on IR, anymore.  They just have to have been a player that was on the 53 after the cutdown deadline. 

Since Driskel(and Anderson) was put on IR as part of the final cuts, he wouldn't be eligible to return.  

Yep. I remembered that after i posted and specified in a later post. ThumbsUp

EDIT: hmmm, looking back, i didn't specify it enough. lol

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Kind of off topic: As far as AJ goes, something that was changed last year is that you don't have to specifically designate a player to come off the IR list any more. Anyone (2 players max per year) that's on IR can come off any time after week 8. 

IR rules are so outdated in the NFL

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it's why we held onto Jake, waive him tomorrow and probably move AJ to that IR/Return list

Haven't had a chance to look yet, but I wonder what O-linemen or LB's are out there that the Bengals might be interested in?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:55 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: So....

11 D-line (for now)
8 - O-line. Dugas makes it after Jerry cut
5 LB - Hardy Nickerson makes it (for now)
4 TEs - Carter over Schreck
7 WRs - Malone makes it over Core
5 CBs - McRae over Harris
Only 3 RBs after Anderson's injury allowing 3 QBs - Dolegala makes it

I'd be surprised if that's still the roster in a week's time.

I'd like to see them put in a waiver claim on Eagles RB Josh Adams.  He had 511 yards and 3 TD's as a rookie last year.  He would also be insurance for next year if they don't resign Gio and Williams and Anderson don't pan out.
Reply/Quote