Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final GOP debate is tonight
Should be interesting since finally a viable candidate is rising quickly in Ted Cruz.

Trump has already called him a maniac.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I might actually like Rubio a bit more, but that's not saying much. If two RINOs are all that's getting pushed, I'm not too hopeful of a strong GOP candidate. I was more in favor of Rand, but I'd say that's not happening. But Rand vs Sanders was what I was hoping to see, if for nothing else than some fresh ideas and two guys who seem to practice what they preach.
How can this be the last debate when it is still months before the primaries actually begin?

It is crazy to start the presidential campaign 18 months before the actual election.
(12-15-2015, 07:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How can this be the last debate when it is still months before the primaries actually begin?

It is crazy to start the presidential campaign 18 months before the actual election.

Last one for this year.

And I agree the campaign seasons are too long.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Progressive GOP's are in panic mode.

Rubio is their best bet. but their only hopes are Rubio/Bush/Christie

I agree with Benton a Rand vs Sanders would have been a great debate for the nation to have...

Out of trump or Cruz I am personally hoping for Cruz.
Dear lord the first debate is all about sending troops into Syria.
(12-15-2015, 06:47 PM)Benton Wrote: I might actually like Rubio a bit more, but that's not saying much. If two RINOs are all that's getting pushed, I'm not too hopeful of a strong GOP candidate. I was more in favor of Rand, but I'd say that's not happening. But Rand vs Sanders was what I was hoping to see, if for nothing else than some fresh ideas and two guys who seem to practice what they preach.

Right there with you on Rubio.
He's probably the least awful [likely] candidate. 
So that's something, I guess. 
(12-15-2015, 06:47 PM)Benton Wrote: I might actually like Rubio a bit more, but that's not saying much. If two RINOs are all that's getting pushed, I'm not too hopeful of a strong GOP candidate. I was more in favor of Rand, but I'd say that's not happening. But Rand vs Sanders was what I was hoping to see, if for nothing else than some fresh ideas and two guys who seem to practice what they preach.

Rubio had a bad night and I'll say the exact same thing I did after the very first debate: Rand Paul should have ran as a Democrat; he could have won. He'd be #2 at the minimum. 

(12-16-2015, 01:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Rubio had a bad night and I'll say the exact same thing I did after the very first debate: Rand Paul should have ran as a Democrat; he could have won. He'd be #2 at the minimum. 

Paul is in a rough spot. He's not a RINO and he's not a liberal. He's probably the most middle of the road of all candidates, which leaves him without much push.
(12-16-2015, 01:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Rubio had a bad night and I'll say the exact same thing I did after the very first debate: Rand Paul should have ran as a Democrat; he could have won. He'd be #2 at the minimum. 

He's for smaller gubmit and balancing the budget.  NO CHANCE as a Dem.

How did Rubio have a bad night?
By catching Cruz in a few lies?
(12-16-2015, 02:03 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: How did Rubio have a bad night?
By catching Cruz in a few lies?

Republicans don't want middle of the road and Rubio was tied too much to the Dems. Plus Paul won some points off him.  

Cruz and Trump are distancing themselves from the pack. It's amazing that Trump still leads but I guess that's the protest establishment vote. I guess 26 years of running progressives has finally taken its toll.
One big mistake I thought Christy made and no one has called him on it (as I have seen) is the stereotypical analogy he made about the LA public school situation.

He said what happens tomorrow when the mothers take the kids to the school bus and the fathers go to work.

Surprised Fiorina didn't blast him.

(12-16-2015, 02:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Republicans don't want middle of the road and Rubio was tied too much to the Dems. Plus Paul won some points off him.  

I mean if you compare it to the last debates, sure Rubio wasn't as flawless but he was still the most composed and well-versed candidate last night.

Cruz avoided questions and filibustered when Rubio cornered him. 

Trump again had no real answers and dodged more questions than anyone.

Rand had a strong night. Got one good shot off on Rubio and really teed off on Donald. 
(12-16-2015, 02:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Republicans don't want middle of the road

Then they will not win.

There are not enough Tea Party extremists to win a general election.
(12-16-2015, 07:20 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Cruz and Trump are distancing themselves from the pack.   It's amazing that Trump still leads but I guess that's the protest establishment vote.    I guess 26 years of running progressives has finally taken its toll.

Yes, their constant rambling, vagueness and filibustering really sets them apart. 
(12-16-2015, 01:40 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I mean if you compare it to the last debates, sure Rubio wasn't as flawless but he was still the most composed and well-versed candidate last night.

Cruz avoided questions and filibustered when Rubio cornered him. 

Trump again had no real answers and dodged more questions than anyone.

Rand had a strong night. Got one good shot off on Rubio and really teed off on Donald. 

Don't confuse me for someone who wouldn't be happy with Rubio in the White House; he's all about strengtening the Military. I think Trump makes it up as he goes along. Fiorina mentioned something about hiring private sector IT folks and Trump's next reply was we need to use the talented people in Silicon Valley
(12-16-2015, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then they will not win.

There are not enough Tea Party extremists to win a general election.

You may be underestimating the number and frustration on a great many of the American people. Also many just don't trust Clinton.

(12-16-2015, 01:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't confuse me for someone who wouldn't be happy with Rubio in the White House; he's all about strengtening the Military. I think Trump makes it up as he goes along. Fiorina mentioned something about hiring private sector IT folks and Trump's next reply was we need to use the talented people in Silicon Valley

You may be underestimating the number and frustration on a great many of the American people. Also many just don't trust Clinton.

I wasn't suggesting you wouldn't be, I just don't see how he had a "bad" night.
Cruz, Trump and Christie fared far worse. 
(12-16-2015, 01:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You may be underestimating the number and frustration on a great many of the American people.

I saw very clearly how frustrated they were when the Tea Party extremists shut down the government in an attempt to get what they want.

Both the Dems and the Reps need to realize that this whole "compromise is for losers" mentality is failing.  they have to learn to work with each other to address the problems this country is facing