Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Final Regular Season QB rankings
(01-04-2017, 09:19 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: He didn't have the tools?  Yeah right.  Cam Newton doesn't have a aj green or boyd, not even a gio

Gio barely played this year. Same with AJ Green and Eifert. Boyd didnt do anything. What are you talking about? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 10:53 PM)Burma Wrote: Looks pretty much like a rankings of QBs based on team wins, and not performance.  I've banged on Dalton in the past but this year he had one of his best seasons as pro (in the top 2).  The numbers may not be as flashy (TDs), but Andy stepped up and really took that offense onto his back when they needed quiet consistency (only 8 int).

What fantasy?  If we say Dalton is a top tier QB in this league then Luck has to be there as well. It's a fact, not a fantasy.  Look at the stats.  Dalton and Luck both had one of their best seasons and their numbers are virtually identical. 

Attempts:  Luck 545/ Dalton 563
Comp:  Luck 346/Dalton 364
Comp Pct:  Luck 63.5%/ Dalton 64.7%
Yards:  Luck 4,240/ Dalton 4,206
Average:  Luck 7.8/ Dalton 7.5
Yards Per Game:  Luck 282.7/ Dalton 262.9
TD:  Luck 31/ Dalton 18
Int:  Luck 13/ Dalton 8
Sacked: Luck 41/ Dalton 41
Rating: Luck 96.4/ 91.8 

And they both did it with pretty damn bad offensive lines which were both in the bottom 10 of the league.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-11/

The Andrew Luck hate is moronic and just seems fashionable because people resent he was pegged as the "Next XXX".  Luck went to a shit team in shambles, tasked with picking up where Manning left off and given T.Y Hilton, a card board cut out defense and offensive lines, and a pat on the head.  

So you think those stats warrant Luck being in the "Top Shelf" category? If thats the case, then Dalton should be there as well. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 02:16 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Andy didn't throw enough TD's.

This is pretty much what it comes down to. If he threw more TD's his passer rating would be drastically different. 
Reply/Quote
Seems reasonable given his performance this year. Next year Dalton could easily be up one tier if he can stay upright.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
Knew my eyes weren't deceiving me.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 12:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So you think those stats warrant Luck being in the "Top Shelf" category? If thats the case, then Dalton should be there as well. 

Yep.  That's pretty much what I was saying.  I said a few years ago that Andy was a "B+" QB.  The kind of QB you could win a lot with but not one that could carry the team.  He has gotten better since then and I think he is in that "A" grade range now.    How you shuffle the chairs on that deck is personal preference but I feel ok saying both Dalton and Luck are there. 

For reference the Grade scale starts at "Brady" since he is in his own category with Rodgers having back slid into "just" the "A+" range with the like of Brees, Big Ben etc.

I don't think that is a particularly controversial view at this point.  Nervous  Is it?

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 02:31 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Sure, but he's not going to win games for you. He needs a defense and run game otherwise he's going to take a lot of Ls. Its not hard to be efficient when you rarely throw it down field and is dink and dunk. I think the only year he had more than 20 TDs most of them came from RBs, or at least a lot of them did. I don't think I would take Smith over most QBs in the league. The only up side with his is that he won't blow a game, unless you consider not being productive as blowing a game.

Let's look at Alex "not going to win a game for you" Smith's playoff performances:

In 5 games dude has:

1309 passing yards
99.1 passer rating
11 TDs
1 INT

All this while being sacked 13 times. 

If you want to call that "not productive" that speaks to your acumen. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 09:19 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: He didn't have the tools? Yeah right. Cam Newton doesn't have a aj green or boyd, not even a gio

You're right. He has J. Stewart, K. Benjamin, and Greg Olsen.

Right now, I would take 2 out of three out of who you named.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 10:15 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You're right. He has J. Stewart, K. Benjamin, and Greg Olsen.

Right now, I would take 2 out of three out of who you named.

Which 2 would that be?

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 10:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which 2 would that be?

Stewart over Gio (if we are talking single season) and Olsen over Boyd, or even over Eifert for that matter.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 10:25 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Stewart over Gio (if we are talking single season) and Olsen over Boyd, or even over Eifert for that matter.

Just curious; as we all have our ranking systems. Interesting you threw in a player not mentioned (Eifert) and removed one that was (Green).

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 02:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Here's one from another "expert" that ranks Dalton 13th for this season

http://fansided.com/2016/12/29/nfl-quarterback-rankings-week-17-2016/

Ouch, that guy put Cousins at #6 and Cousins repaid the favor by puking all over his own shoes in a win-n-yer-in home game.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just curious; as we all have our ranking systems. Interesting you threw in a player not mentioned (Eifert) and removed one that was (Green).

Because I would not take any of those over Green. Figured you could have picked up on that. I only threw Eifert in considering he is the same position as Olsen just as a fair comparison.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 09:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Cam has an OL, and a rushing attack to take the pressure off of him.  As a QB, Newton is a Diva, sissified ballerina.  Cry's about "getting hit"...

Thanks Sunset, thought there wasn't that many people who agree with me on Cam. Never liked the guy.

He is very talented but never liked the guy. His mental make-up is weak.

To the OP, terrible list. Dalton was way better than lots in front of him, he played great considering what Sunset says
here and the fact he was working with a rookie in the Slot, a new WR opposite Green, no Eifert for most the year and
his #1 guy got hurt. Dalton had his best year considering all of this and if any one of the "experts" faves did the same
thing they would be giving them monster praise.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 10:25 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Stewart over Gio (if we are talking single season) and Olsen over Boyd, or even over Eifert for that matter.

Jonathon Stewart sucks. He was on my fantasy team and wasn't very productive at all this season. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 10:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ouch, that guy put Cousins at #6 and Cousins repaid the favor by puking all over his own shoes in a win-n-yer-in home game.  

Kinda my point. These "experts" are no different than you or I. It all comes down to personal preference. 

(01-06-2017, 03:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Jonathon Stewart sucks. He was on my fantasy team and wasn't very productive at all this season. 

...and Gio was? I mean that's what the comparison was.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 03:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Jonathon Stewart sucks. He was on my fantasy team and wasn't very productive at all this season. 

Stewart has a season slightly worse than Hill's, can't stay healthy, and will be 30 years old by next Training Camp. I'm not sure how many folks would take him over Gio or Jeremy; however, we know there is at least 1.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 09:19 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: He didn't have the tools?  Yeah right.  Cam Newton doesn't have a aj green or boyd, not even a gio

Kelvin had 900+ yards
Ginn had 700+
Funchess had 400+

And don't forget about Olsen. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 11:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton needs to be about 5 higher on that list.

Andrew Luck at 5 is a joke.
Carson Palmer was terrible considering he had one of the best pass catching groups in the NFL.
Philip Rivers just threw 21 interceptions and had the 2nd lowest completion % of his career. Maybe his age caught up to him.
Jameis Winston wasn't very impressive.
Cam Newton was TURRIBLE.

I'd currently put Dalton in front of those 5.

- - - - - - -

Prescott and Mariota are kind of hard to rank because of how ridiculously good their run games were. (2nd and 3rd in rushing, respectively) I can't imagine they'd be nearly as good if they were actually relied upon and defenses didn't have to put 7-8 in the box to try to stop the run.

- - - - - - - -

12th would be roughly where I put Dalton, probably in roughly the same level as Carr/Stafford/Cousins.

12th was exactly where I thought he should be when I saw that list. 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Just cause Stewart didn't light up your fantasy team doesn't mean he sucks.

Gio and Hill were pretty sucky themselves and i would argue more-so.

Stewart always seems banged up but a RB with his size and speed are rare.

Stewart is talented, he just might be getting up there age wise.
Reply/Quote