Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Final Regular Season QB rankings
(01-06-2017, 04:58 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Kelvin had 900+ yards
Ginn had 700+
Funchess had 400+

And don't forget about Olsen. 

And a much better O-line than Dalton had...
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And a much better O-line than Dalton had...

Pretty much every QB in the league had a better OL. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 04:58 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Kelvin had 900+ yards
Ginn had 700+
Funchess had 400+

And don't forget about Olsen. 

How the did those receivers get those yards?

WTS, would you take those 3 over Green, laFell, Boyd?

And don't forget about Eifert.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And a much better O-line than Dalton had...

(01-06-2017, 05:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: Pretty much every QB in the league had a better OL. 

Whit > Remmers

Boling > Norwell

Bodine = Larsen

Z > Scott

Ced/Fish < Turner

Reply/Quote
I thought Andy had a great year considering.
He has proven that he can put the team on his back to some extent considering the lack of weapons(injury) and shoddy OL/Running game.

What knocked Dalton down the list IMO was his lack of TDs and that was more of a product of poor play calling in red zone situations.
The Tecmo bowl play book was in full display when we got into the red zone. Dalton buzz sawed teams between the 20s when he wasn't running for his life.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: Pretty much every QB in the league had a better OL. 

Yep, which makes what Dalton did this year even more impressive. He just didn't throw many TD's.

(01-06-2017, 05:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How the did those receivers get those yards?

Kelvin over Boyd everytime, bigger, faster redzone target.

Funchess is younger and bigger than Lafell with more upside. Ginn is much faster.

A healthy Olsen is better than a hurt Eifert.

(01-06-2017, 05:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Whit > Remmers

Boling > Norwell

Bodine = Larsen

Z > Scott

Ced/Fish <<<<<<<<<<<<

Larsen > Bodine

Added a few of these < to the Ced/Fish <<<<<<<<<<< to Turner thought.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:21 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: I thought Andy had a great year considering.
He has proven that he can put the team on his back to some extent considering the lack of weapons(injury) and shoddy OL/Running game.

What knocked Dalton down the list IMO was his lack of TDs and that was more of a product of poor play calling in red zone situations.
The Tecmo bowl play book was in full display when we got into the red zone. Dalton buzz sawed teams between the 20s when he wasn't running for his life.

Spot on.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How the did those receivers get those yards?

No I wouldn't... But someone said cam doesn't have any weapons.  He doesn't have a green or even a Boyd. Well kelvin is better than Boyd, and while Ginn isn't a better reciever he is the superior playmaker and completely stretches the defense.  Funchess is a fine 3rd target.  He could probably do what Lafell did this year.  I mean the panthers parted ways with Lafell... 

At any rate the bengals have the better recievers but it isn't like cam has all slouches.  If Brady had kelvin, Ginn, Funchess, Olsen over Edelman, hogan, Mitchell, gronk... It would be game over. While he would take a downgrade at tight end he would get such a balanced and more dynamic set of WR.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, which makes what Dalton did this year even more impressive. He just didn't throw many TD's.

Kelvin over Boyd everytime, bigger, faster redzone target.

Funchess is younger and bigger than Lafell with more upside. Ginn is much faster.

A healthy Olsen is better than a hurt Eifert.

Larsen > Bodine

Added a few of these < to the Ced/Fish <<<<<<<<<<< to Turner thought.

No idea what prompts you to give the nod to Larsen over Bodine, but let's concede the point. Bengal's oline still wins 3-2. As to the extra >>>>>>> I'm sure we could do that the other way for a few other positions along the line. 

It's just more of the same: If you what folks on this message board to slam other Bengal players all you have to do is suggest Andy is a mid-tier/average QB. 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:21 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: I thought Andy had a great year considering.

Andy had his second best year as a pro and finished middle of the pack in passer rating. Let's hope he improves and not make more or less of it than what it was. 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 06:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No idea what prompts you to give the nod to Larsen over Bodine, but let's concede the point. Bengal's oline still wins 3-2. As to the extra >>>>>>> I'm sure we could do that the other way for a few other positions along the line. 

It's just more of the same: If you what folks on this message board to slam other Bengal players all you have to do is suggest Andy is a mid-tier/average QB. 

Uh, cause Larsen is better than Bodine.

Plus, none of those guys on the Panthers O-line were near as bad as Ogbeuhi was this year.

When you have a Tackle that is THAT terrible it makes your whole line THAT much worse even if you have a great like Whit on it.
Reply/Quote
List makes no sense. lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Everyone is looking past the giant elephant in the room :

Ron Rivera and staff>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mediocre Marv and his Merry Band of Tenured Bums.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Yeah.....sacked 7 times and 366 yds against Gang Green was pretty damn good.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 06:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No idea what prompts you to give the nod to Larsen over Bodine, but let's concede the point. Bengal's oline still wins 3-2. As to the extra >>>>>>> I'm sure we could do that the other way for a few other positions along the line. 

Because Bodine was rated one of the worst centers in the league?

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 06:03 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: No I wouldn't... But someone said cam doesn't have any weapons.  He doesn't have a green or even a Boyd. Well kelvin is better than Boyd, and while Ginn isn't a better reciever he is the superior playmaker and completely stretches the defense.  Funchess is a fine 3rd target.  He could probably do what Lafell did this year.  I mean the panthers parted ways with Lafell... 

At any rate the bengals have the better recievers but it isn't like cam has all slouches.  If Brady had kelvin, Ginn, Funchess, Olsen over Edelman, hogan, Mitchell, gronk... It would be game over. While he would take a downgrade at tight end he would get such a balanced and more dynamic set of WR.

IMO, full seasons (or close to) of Kelvin, Ginn, Funchess and the 2nd best TE in football trumps 10 games of AJ, 8 games of Eifert + LaFell and Boyd. Either way, it's obvious Cam has weapons.

(01-06-2017, 06:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy had his second best year as a pro and finished middle of the pack in passer rating. Let's hope he improves and not make more or less of it than what it was. 

Better than having his worst year as a pro and finishing near dead last in passer rating like the the guy you're pimping in this thread. You've always seemed to think highly of Cam. How many times has he had a top 10 ranking in passer rating again?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 02:02 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: IMO, full seasons (or close to) of Kelvin, Ginn, Funchess and the 2nd best TE in football trumps 10 games of AJ, 8 games of Eifert + LaFell and Boyd. Either way, it's obvious Cam has weapons.

Better than having his worst year as a pro and finishing near dead last in passer rating like the the guy you're pimping in this thread. You've always seemed to think highly of Cam. How many times has he had a top 10 ranking in passer rating again?

Or better yet, how many times has Cam had a better passer rating than Dalton since Bfine likes to use passer rating. I'll save you the trouble of looking it up... Cam's rookie year is the only year he's had a better passer rating then Dalton. Cam's rookie year he had Steve Smith, Gregg Olsen, Brandon LaFell, DeAngelo Willams, and Jonathan Stewart.... Dalton had a rookie Green, Gresham, Simpson, Caldwell, and Cedric Benson... Dalton and Newton only had a 4 passer rating difference that year.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 06:03 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: No I wouldn't... But someone said cam doesn't have any weapons.  He doesn't have a green or even a Boyd. Well kelvin is better than Boyd, and while Ginn isn't a better reciever he is the superior playmaker and completely stretches the defense.  Funchess is a fine 3rd target.  He could probably do what Lafell did this year.  I mean the panthers parted ways with Lafell... 

Olsen isn't even that big of a downgrade over Gronk. I think I would honestly take Olsen over Gronk on the pure fact that Olsen doesn't miss games. Their ability is pretty damn close honestly.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 03:01 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Or better yet, how many times has Cam had a better passer rating than Dalton since Bfine likes to use passer rating. I'll save you the trouble of looking it up... Cam's rookie year is the only year he's had a better passer rating then Dalton. Cam's rookie year he had Steve Smith, Gregg Olsen, Brandon LaFell, DeAngelo Willams, and Jonathan Stewart.... Dalton had a rookie Green, Gresham, Simpson, Caldwell, and Cedric Benson... Dalton and Newton only had a 4 passer rating difference that year.

Was Benson still here then? I thought Ellis was already here.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 06:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: Was Benson still here then? I thought Ellis was already here.

Benson was here, but it was his last full year in the league. 
Reply/Quote