Poll: What record will the bengals finish with in 2018?
0-16 to 3-12
4-11 to 6-10
7-9 to 9-7
10-6 to 12-4
13-3 to 16-0
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Final prediction time
We now have the 53 man roster pretty much intact. The preseason is over and regular season practice will begin today, so the time has come for the bengals board members to lay down their official record predictions for the 2018 season. What you say bengals board?

DAY DATE OPPONENT HOME/AWAY TIME/RESULT
Sunday Sept. 9 Indianapolis Colts Away 1:00 pm
Thursday Sept. 13 Baltimore Ravens Home 8:20 pm
Sunday Sept. 23 Carolina Panthers Away 1:00 pm
Sunday Sept. 30 Atlanta Falcons Away 1:00 pm
Sunday Oct. 7 Miama Dolphins Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Oct. 14 Pittsburgh Steelers Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Oct. 21 Kansas City Chiefs Away 1:00 pm
Sunday Oct. 28 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Nov. 4 BYE
Sunday Nov. 11 New Orleans Saints Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Nov. 18 Baltimore Ravens Away 1:00 pm
Sunday Nov. 25 Cleveland Browns Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Dec. 2 Denver Broncos Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Dec. 9 Los Angeles Chargers Away 4:05 pm
Sunday Dec. 16 Oakland Raiders Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Dec. 23 Cleveland Browns Away 1:00 pm
Sunday Dec. 30 Pittsburgh Steelers Away

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 12:16 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: We now have the 53 man roster pretty much in tact. The preseason is over, regular season practice will begin today, so the time has come for the bengals board members to lay down their official record predictions for the 2018 season. What you say bengals board?

For me, I still cannot pit any trust in this Oline. They haven’t shown they can run block and in my mind the right side is still an issue in pass protection. I’ve went through the schedule a few times and I just cannot get them above 7 or 8 wins at the moment.

So I’m going 7-9 and desperately want to be wrong.

Reply/Quote
The offense compared to 2015 has more deadly weapons and the offensive line may, in fact, be better than that unit. I strongly believe this will be a top 10 unit in the NFL.

The defense only has one concern for me: the linebacker position. Preston Brown is going to be a nice addition, and Vigil and Evans look ready to step up and contribute. Burfict simply must have his head screwed on straight and be what he can be when he returns. The front four, which really includes 9, will be lethal and that will help somewhat. If the offense does what I believe, this unit will be unleashing the pass rush hounds as teams need to air it out to fight back. The secondary will get more turnovers and the front four will get more sacks.

Special teams has speed to burn. Will likely be one of the better units in the league.

Intangibles. I think Marvin has changed his stripes more this season that any other. Lazor seems poised to take advantage of all his weapons and will be aggressive. Austin wants more turnovers, and I like his aggressiveness.

Just like the motto for this year: SEIZE THE DEY. I think they will and go 11-5, and make a run to the Super Bowl, that they win over the New Orleans Saints, 27-17
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
But defense wins championships. I think the D might just be good enough to keep other teams scoring at a level the Bengals O can do well against....even with a suspect right side of the O line. I want to say 9-7 or 10-6.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 12:16 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: We now have the 53 man roster pretty much in tact. The preseason is over, regular season practice will begin today, so the time has come for the bengals board members to lay down their official record predictions for the 2018 season. What you say bengals board?

DAY DATE OPPONENT HOME/AWAY TIME/RESULT
Sunday Sept. 9 Indianapolis Colts Away 1:00 pm
Thursday Sept. 13 Baltimore Ravens Home 8:20 pm
Sunday Sept. 23 Carolina Panthers Away 1:00 pm
Sunday Sept. 30 Atlanta Falcons Away 1:00 pm
Sunday Oct. 7 Miama Dolphins Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Oct. 14 Pittsburgh Steelers Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Oct. 21 Kansas City Chiefs Away 1:00 pm
Sunday Oct. 28 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Nov. 4 BYE
Sunday Nov. 11 New Orleans Saints Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Nov. 18 Baltimore Ravens Away 1:00 pm
Sunday Nov. 25 Cleveland Browns Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Dec. 2 Denver Broncos Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Dec. 9 Los Angeles Chargers Away 4:05 pm
Sunday Dec. 16 Oakland Raiders Home 1:00 pm
Sunday Dec. 23 Cleveland Browns Away 1:00 pm
Sunday Dec. 30 Pittsburgh Steelers Away

I really wish you would have not lumped a losing season (no playoffs) 7-9 in with a 9-7 choice (maybe playoffs). I see our 2017 team that was 7-9 improving a minimum of 2 games, but to get them to he next polling tier, I will go on a limb, drink the Kool-Aid and say they get to 10-6 and back to the playoffs.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I put us at the 11-5 mark also, but that could be the weed talking. Until the Bengals demonstrate that they can successfully run the ball, they won't contend for squat.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 12:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I really wish you would have not lumped a losing season (no playoffs) 7-9 in with a 9-7 choice (maybe playoffs). I see our 2017 team that was 7-9 improving a minimum of 2 games, but to get them to he next polling tier, I will go on a limb, drink the Kool-Aid and say they get to 10-6 and back to the playoffs.

Honestly I did it intentionally to raise the amount of banter in this thread. I like to read the opinions behind the predictions as opposed to someone just clicking a poll answer and moving on.

Reply/Quote
I got Bengals at 10-6 and in the last wild card spot, but still not breaking the playoff win drought. If I trusted the offensive line more, I'd probably go with another win or two. Still like the overall direction this franchise is going and look for their window to remain open a few more years as this is Pittsburgh's last stand before their decline begins.
Reply/Quote
10-6 is my prediction because have no doubt this team is better than last years team and have seen many positives in preseason.

If somehow the right side of OL miraculously works out then could see 11, 12, or 13 wins.

Believe the floor is 8 or 9 wins if right side stinks all year.

Still going 10-6

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Went 10-6. Think they’ll end up 9-7 or 10-6. I could see a floor of 6-10 and a ceiling of 11-5 for this team.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 12:37 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Honestly I did it intentionally to raise the amount of banter in this thread. I like to read the opinions behind the predictions as opposed to someone just clicking a poll answer and moving on.

ThumbsUp

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 12:40 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: I got Bengals at 10-6 and in the last wild card spot, but still not breaking the playoff win drought. If I trusted the offensive line more, I'd probably go with another win or two. Still like the overall direction this franchise is going and look for their window to remain open a few more years as this is Pittsburgh's last stand before their decline begins.

A bonus playoff prediction. I will wait until I see the health of this team in December prior to making my playoff prediction.  Smirk

Reply/Quote
Probably a step forward from last year's 7-9. I went with 10-6. O-line and running game is worrisome though.
Reply/Quote
I think 9-7 simply on the basis that we improved in several areas. The key is going to be the OL gelling and the D playing well. Also Ross has to step up - he has tantalized but is also very inconsistent. If not Tyler Boyd is going to have to become our “TJ”.
Reply/Quote
This defense is seriously talented and I believe could be one of the best we have had of this decade.

The offense, on the other hand, is a different story. If the o-line holds up and the running game can produce, then this team is potent. I haven't seen that yet, but I believe there will be improvement. I'm saying 9-7.
Reply/Quote
My final prediction is 9-7 + 1st round playoff loss.

I think Dalton and the d-line are going to ball out this year, and I do think Teryl Austin will get more forced turnovers out of the defense.

The right side of the o-line and a still weak run game will hold us back though. This could be a 13 win team with a dominant o-line.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I can see 6-10 and I can also see 10-6. I think the Bengals will be better than most expect but not as good as some around here think.
Reply/Quote
I am at 9-7.

I think the management made enough moves to get two more wins than last year.

I am hesitant to think they made all the moves needed to win in the playoffs.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I think we'll hover around the bubble playoff teams. We've improved I do believe, question is was it enough improvement ?

Offensive improvement +1 to 1 1/2 games. Defensive improvement +1 to 1 1/2 games.

I'll go for it and say 10-6 and wildcard playoffs. Then our lack of ability to run the ball will bring the season to an end in ......yep another 1st round playoff loss.

Next season :andy:
Reply/Quote
Earlier in the offseason I predicted the Bengals would go 7 wins nine losses. But after watching the preseason games and even though they struggle running the ball I think Dalton is going to break records passing. I think this offense is going to be explosive in the defense is going to be smothering.

With that said I think there's a good chance the Bengals have 10 wins this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote