Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally an Asst with HC experience
Granted the experience new Assistant to the Head Coach Doug Rosfeld brings is as head coach of Moeller High School. Rosfeld previously was Dir of Player Development at UC when Taylor was OC. It is believed his role with the Bengals coaching staff will be mostly administrative

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Would have been nice to get someone from the Rams. But we'll make due with Moeller High School I guess. We don't have much of a choice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
It's kind of shocking how few of the Rams assistants he's brought with him...
Reply/Quote
This blows my mind. Freakout
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 12:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's kind of shocking how few of the Rams assistants he's brought with him...

Yeah, but they've got a good thing going on out there. Plus, if I could afford to live in Cali, I would be hard pressed not to choose it over Cincy. I've spent alot of time in SoCal. The weather is glorious almost all year round. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Since the coaching staff comprises the bulk of the scouting dept. More coaches = More scouts?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Seems like Taylor is going after HIS guys. Sounds this is all Taylor now instead of Mike Brown.

We always wanted the HC to have more of a say, and by all the coach signings, it appears to be that way.

Granted, I'm not a fan of Rosfeld since the Bearcats went 15-22 with him there. Although he wasn't HC, it still speaks volumes that the Bearcats had under 9 wins every year Rosfeld was there. They hadn't had below 9 wins since 2010.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 07:49 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Seems like Taylor is going after HIS guys. Sounds this is all Taylor now instead of Mike Brown.

We always wanted the HC to have more of a say, and by all the coach signings, it appears to be that way.

Granted, I'm not a fan of Rosfeld since the Bearcats went 15-22 with him there. Although he wasn't HC, it still speaks volumes that the Bearcats had under 9 wins every year Rosfeld was there. They hadn't had below 9 wins since 2010.

One word--Tupperware.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
His official title will be director of coaching operations.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 07:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Since the coaching staff comprises the bulk of the scouting dept. More coaches = More scouts?

Sounds like it, good to have even if i feel that sometimes people over emphasize our lack of scouts at times.

As Belichick says sometimes you can have too many minds.

(02-11-2019, 08:21 PM)pally Wrote: His official title will be director of coaching operations.

Thanks Pally.
Reply/Quote
He's going to be more of an office/administrative guy. A helper. So NFL experience isn't a big time requirement.

Still, it'd be nice to see an experienced guy somewhere on this staff.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 07:33 PM)Shady Wrote: Yeah, but they've got a good thing going on out there. Plus, if I could afford to live in Cali, I would be hard pressed not to choose it over Cincy. I've spent alot of time in SoCal. The weather is glorious almost all year round. 

being a So Cal native, I can verify that...but the TRAFFIC will eat you alive!
back to this hiring....its a bit strange we would hire a high school guy??
Not too clear what this job actually is?  
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 11:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's going to be more of an office/administrative guy. A helper. So NFL experience isn't a big time requirement.

Still, it'd be nice to see an experienced guy somewhere on this staff.

They have experience.  They just don't have decades of it.  And if you're thinking in a new way, how much old school knowledge do you really need?  And these are football junkie guys, guys who grew up in it and around it.  And they're a bunch of smart dudes.

Sometimes, the problem with experience is that it shuts the mind off to new and better.  We used to use wire mesh in concrete.  But some really smart guy came up with fiber mesh and it's way better.  A lot of the "old school" guys refuse to get on board.  "I'm old school."  Yeah well, people used to ride horses, were thrilled to watch black and white tv and had rotary phones.

Bob said it 55 years ago and it's still true and always will be--

Your old road is rapidly aging
Please get outta' the new one if you can’t lend your hand

For the times they are a-changin'

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast

The slow one now
Will later be fast

As the present now
Will later be past
The order is rapidly fading

And the first one now will later be last
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 11:35 PM)McC Wrote: They have experience.  They just don't have decades of it.  And if you're thinking in a new way, how much old school knowledge do you really need?  And these are football junkie guys, guys who grew up in it and around it.  And they're a bunch of smart dudes.

Sometimes, the problem with experience is that it shuts the mind off to new and better.  We used to use wire mesh in concrete.  But some really smart guy came up with fiber mesh and it's way better.  A lot of the "old school" guys refuse to get on board.  "I'm old school."  Yeah well, people used to ride horses, were thrilled to watch black and white tv and had rotary phones.

Bob said it 55 years ago and it's still true and always will be--

Your old road is rapidly aging
Please get outta' the new one if you can’t lend your hand

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast

The slow one now
Will later be fast

As the present now
Will later be past
The order is rapidly fading

And the first one now will later be last

You can take your fiber mesh and stick it where the sun don't shine.  Rant
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 11:35 PM)McC Wrote: They have experience.  They just don't have decades of it.  And if you're thinking in a new way, how much old school knowledge do you really need?  And these are football junkie guys, guys who grew up in it and around it.  And they're a bunch of smart dudes.

You know who had decades of experience?????? Mervin and Paul Alexander. Where did that get us?????
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 12:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's kind of shocking how few of the Rams assistants he's brought with him...

The Rams are a Superbowl team in California. The Bengals are the punchline in a lot of media jokes. And it's something like -2 degrees there right now.

I'd be shocked if anyone on the staff really considered it.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 09:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You know who had decades of experience?????? Mervin and Paul Alexander. Where did that get us?????

Exactly.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 09:21 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You can take your fiber mesh and stick it where the sun don't shine.  Rant

So, you still using a rotary phone and riding a horse?  Approved by every DOT in the country.

Oh yeah, and I have put it lots of places where the sun don't shine. And I've never been sliced by it either.

Reply/Quote
I'm getting the impression Taylor is hiring people he mostly knows or is acquainted with? Digging down to high school coaches?!?! Nothing like a good nervous sweat.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 07:52 PM)McC Wrote: One word--Tupperware.

Bingo. De facto retiree/head coach Tommy Tuberville was the main reason the UC football program was in complete shambles. Now granted, the administration should have fired him way sooner (I wanted him gone after his second year), but at the same time he had the name. And he had a national championship. Most UC fans were blind to TT’s evils until his last year. Zac Taylor and everyone who was on Tupperware’s staff gets a pass from me...

and how about that poor Gunner Kiel Cry the kid likely didn’t have the mental makeup to be great but Tuberville ruined any chance he had at pro football. Exactly what Kiel did to be forever locked away in Tupperware’s doghouse will likely always be a mystery...
Reply/Quote