Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finals Help Thread!
Congrats to everyone who made it this far and is in your fantasy finals!!

Figured I'd start a thread for help for myself, but anyone else that's also in can also look for advice.

This is the league with all my best friends from childhood and grade school, so this is for pride, bragging rights, and the money.

Need to start two backs (no flex):

Devonta Freeman- hasn't done much running it lately, but does his pass catching make him a solid start? Panthers are slightly above average in PPG given up to fantasy RBs.

Doug Martin- Bears give up something like the 8th-most points to fantasy running backs.

Jeremy Hill- first round pick has only really had value when he scores multiple TDs, which isn't very reliable, but it will be cold in Denver, and I doubt we want to get into a shootout. Plus, Hue came out and said that the fumble wasn't Hill's fault, so sounds like he might lean on him this week.

Karlos Williams is available on the waiver wire, which the person I'm playing also had McCoy, who is currently ruled out, but he's ahead of me in waiver priority, so I'm thinking he'll pick him up, but then Tim Hightower is also on the wire, which having Brees on my team might be stupid to start both because they limit each other's opportunities, but I think he's picking up pace and could do big things?

Thoughts?

DEF/ST, I put in a waiver to claim the Dolphins and drop the Pats, so is that a good idea?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Congrats to everyone who made it this far and is in your fantasy finals!!

Figured I'd start a thread for help for myself, but anyone else that's also in can also look for advice.

This is the league with all my best friends from childhood and grade school, so this is for pride, bragging rights, and the money.

Need to start two backs (no flex):  

Devonta Freeman- hasn't done much running it lately, but does his pass catching make him a solid start?  Panthers are slightly above average in PPG given up to fantasy RBs.

Doug Martin- Bears give up something like the 8th-most points to fantasy running backs.

Jeremy Hill- first round pick has only really had value when he scores multiple TDs, which isn't very reliable, but it will be cold in Denver, and I doubt we want to get into a shootout.  Plus, Hue came out and said that the fumble wasn't Hill's fault, so sounds like he might lean on him this week.

Karlos Williams is available on the waiver wire, which the person I'm playing also had McCoy, who is currently ruled out, but he's ahead of me in waiver priority, so I'm thinking he'll pick him up, but then Tim Hightower is also on the wire, which having Brees on my team might be stupid to start both because they limit each other's opportunities, but I think he's picking up pace and could do big things?

Thoughts?

DEF/ST, I put in a waiver to claim the Dolphins and drop the Pats, so is that a good idea?

Martin is a lock. You start him. Do not start Hill. Hill has been awful this season and the Broncos will sell out against the run to make McCarron throw against their great secondary. Their defense is very good. I like Williams over Hightower. 

Also, never worry about starting two players from the same team. This is just a myth. You start who you think scores you the most points. Period. 

Never trust the Dolphins, even against the hapless Colts.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I need to start 2 WRs. Decker is a lock in my flex (though I guess I could start a RB there and put him in the WR slot) and I have Green, who I absolutely do not trust in the ship, Cooks, and DJAX. I am having trouble figuring out who to start. Landry also seems like a lock considering I play in a PPR.
Reply/Quote
I've always found that a good night's sleep is best before finals. Rock On
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I agree start Martin and pick up that back from Detroit. He's due for a breakout game against SF.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:42 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I've always found that a good night's sleep is best before finals.  Rock On

This is incorrect. The best way to dominate a final is too much adderall and an all nighter. Duh.
Reply/Quote
Have Brees but picked up Cousins, so do I start Cousins regardless because Brees is injured or do I wait to see if he plays?

Do I start Karlos Williams over Freeman?
Reply/Quote
i suggest studying.... but its an odd time for finals. you on semisters?
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 03:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Have Brees but picked up Cousins, so do I start Cousins regardless because Brees is injured or do I wait to see if he plays?

Do I start Karlos Williams over Freeman?

No...  He will be sharing snaps with the Gillisee or whatever dude...  I'd stay with Freeman.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Starting Big Ben
            Antonio Brown
            Doug Baldwin
            David Johnson
            Danny Woodhead
            Gronk

PPR league...

My flex is up in the air again...  I have it narrowed down to Desean Jackson (vs Phi.), Amari Cooper (vs SD), or Kamar Aiken (Pitt.).....  Thoughts?

I'm in 1 league, and this game is for all the money...  I like to win money!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:20 PM)MrRager Wrote: Martin is a lock. You start him. Do not start Hill. Hill has been awful this season and the Broncos will sell out against the run to make McCarron throw against their great secondary. Their defense is very good. I like Williams over Hightower. 

Also, never worry about starting two players from the same team. This is just a myth. You start who you think scores you the most points. Period. 

Never trust the Dolphins, even against the hapless Colts.

I started both Lockett and Baldwin last week.  It worked out ok for me.  I'm not doing it twice though.  For much of the year I started Gronk and Dion Lewis together.

What you really wanna avoid is something like starting Demarco Murray and Darren Sproles or Hill and Bernard...  Shit like that. 

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Starting Cousins over Brees because Brees might not even play, and the 4 o'clock game makes waiting to see too risky to chance.

I guess I'll go with Martin and Freeman and just hope that he can score and not have it called back like last week, while also catching a lot of balls.

I'm going to bench Julio Jones because Josh Normal freaks me out, and I'm starting Aiken (the Steelers have no secondary), Michael Floyd, and DeAndre Hopkins.

Anybody agree or disagree with those moves?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 08:14 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Starting Cousins over Brees because Brees might not even play, and the 4 o'clock game makes waiting to see too risky to chance.

I guess I'll go with Martin and Freeman and just hope that he can score and not have it called back like last week, while also catching a lot of balls.

I'm going to bench Julio Jones because Josh Normal freaks me out, and I'm starting Aiken (the Steelers have no secondary), Michael Floyd, and DeAndre Hopkins.

Anybody agree or disagree with those moves?

I wouldn't bench Julio.  I usually start my top guys regardless of matchup.  Antonio Brown lit up the Denver secondary & Talib last week.  Aiken is solid, but he's not overly explosive.  He seems to end up in the 14-16 point range in my league.  I own him too but I've rarely used him.  Julio Jones is a threat to get 40 points in a 1 point per PPR league.  I'd start him.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 07:16 PM)jason Wrote: I wouldn't bench Julio.  I usually start my top guys regardless of matchup.  Antonio Brown lit up the Denver secondary & Talib last week.  Aiken is solid, but he's not overly explosive.  He seems to end up in the 14-16 point range in my league.  I own him too but I've rarely used him.  Julio Jones is a threat to get 40 points in a 1 point per PPR league.  I'd start him.

Agreed. Benching Julio is as insane as thinking Bridgewater would be a top ten fantasy QB this year. I would also start Brees. Jacksonville isn't very good on defense and that game could end up being a shoot out if Bortles and the Allens dominate that awful Saints defense. The PHI/WAS game could be a bloodbath and you never know what you get from the Eagles. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 07:28 PM)MrRager Wrote: Agreed. Benching Julio is as insane as thinking Bridgewater would be a top ten fantasy QB this year. I would also start Brees. Jacksonville isn't very good on defense and that game could end up being a shoot out if Bortles and the Allens dominate that awful Saints defense. The PHI/WAS game could be a bloodbath and you never know what you get from the Eagles. 

I put in Brees, but then I was in the shower and thought "Cousins has been on fire and the Eagles are horrible, so I'm going to start Cousins."

I got out of the shower, went to go put in Cousins, and it was too close to game time, so the lineups had been locked.

Cousins puts up 40.

Wonderful.

Hoping Brees can have a big day with maybe three or four touchdowns and I can still win.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 11:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I put in Brees, but then I was in the shower and thought "Cousins has been on fire and the Eagles are horrible, so I'm going to start Cousins."

I got out of the shower, went to go put in Cousins, and it was too close to game time, so the lineups had been locked.

Cousins puts up 40.

Wonderful.

Hoping Brees can have a big day with maybe three or four touchdowns and I can still win.

Brutal. 40 on the bench is the best way to lose. Hope you make up for it. I doubt Hill vs Denver does much more than 5 or 6 points unless he falls into an end zone.  
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 07:29 PM)jason Wrote: Starting Big Ben
            Antonio Brown
            Doug Baldwin
            David Johnson
            Danny Woodhead
            Gronk

PPR league...

My flex is up in the air again...  I have it narrowed down to Desean Jackson (vs Phi.), Amari Cooper (vs SD), or Kamar Aiken (Pitt.).....  Thoughts?

I'm in 1 league, and this game is for all the money...  I like to win money!!!!

Uh, you're going to win. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 01:05 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Uh, you're going to win. 
The ***** Steelers killed me today....  That's what I get for having their unholy asses on my team.  I haven't lost in 2 months til those shitheads tanked today.  Hopefully they miss the playoffs.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I WON! I WON! I WON! LICK MY BALLS, I WON! WOOHOO! I'M BETTER THAN EVERYONE!

My first shiva. I am hyphy in this *****.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 01:02 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Brutal. 40 on the bench is the best way to lose. Hope you make up for it. I doubt Hill vs Denver does much more than 5 or 6 points unless he falls into an end zone.  
Still dominated and Brees still put up 34, so not that big of a loss.
(12-27-2015, 10:25 PM)jason Wrote: The ***** Steelers killed me today....  That's what I get for having their unholy asses on my team.  I haven't lost in 2 months til those shitheads tanked today.  Hopefully they miss the playoffs.
You sinned........  it's like the year Derek Anderson went off and I started him in the finals against the Bengals and lost when I would have won if I started my backup........  never trust a division foe, especially when they play the Bengals, and never bet against the Bengals.
(12-27-2015, 10:28 PM)MrRager Wrote: I WON! I WON! I WON! LICK MY BALLS, I WON! WOOHOO! I'M BETTER THAN EVERYONE!

My first shiva. I am hyphy in this *****.

I dominated in the playoffs, winning by 38 and 38.5......  I completely went two-hole on the entire league.

Brees still put up 36, so no loss in starting him over Cousins......  I actually didn't even need to start a QB and still would have won.

Started Julio and he put up 27.5, so good call on not benching him.
Reply/Quote