Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fire Teryl Austin.
(10-28-2018, 06:42 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Is he your dad or something?

Point out we're I am wrong.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 08:11 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Point out we're I am wrong.

You’re not wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 07:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Fitz was sacked once, and he escaped what would have been another.

And we almost picked him on the final drive.  Alas it was dropped...

To be fair williams did all he could getting that. I’m not sure anyone could have made that catch.
Reply/Quote
Fire him now
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 08:11 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Point out we're I am wrong.

Browns Town Bengal is a troll who was rooting for Randy to miss the FG in the gameday thread.

Ignore him.  He is just mad because we won.
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati now has the worst scoring defense in the entire league. The Bengals took over last place from the 49ers today.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'm pretty sure we could find someone from somewhere to come in and who would do a better job.

Firing Austin will do nothing as long as Mike Brown and Marvin value loyalty more than guys who can perform. Michael Johnson is one such guy who continues to never get pressure and continually gives up outside contain. He doesn’t even use his height to his advantage. With the injury to Lawson we will probably see him more unfortunately. Shawn Williams is another guy who continues to hurt this team. He was gifted 2 possible interceptions today.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:03 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: People really need to learn football; offense had 4 straight 3 and outs in the second half. The Defense forced 4 turnovers(with one being a pick 6) and had  6 sacks today. Offense needed one or two drives to burry the Bucs but couldn't.  Lazor should take the majority of the blame today not sure the Defense.

I hope you are kidding Jakeypoo!

Granted the offense was stagnant in the 2nd half but child please!  The defense gave up almost 600 yards today, and that was with 4 turnovers.  Had Jameis Winston not started that number may have reached 700.  Thank god for Jameis, otherwise we'd be 4-4 right now.  For crying out loud 4 turnovers and we still almost lost!!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:16 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: I hope you are kidding Jakeypoo!

Granted the offense was stagnant in the 2nd half but child please!  The defense gave up almost 600 yards today, and that was with 4 turnovers.  Had Jameis Winston not started that number may have reached 700.  Thank god for Jameis, otherwise we'd be 4-4 right now.  For crying out loud 4 turnovers and we still almost lost!!

Yep!

The offense has nothing to do with the bad tackling or the constant blown coverages on TEs and RBs or indeed on a lot of the ills of this defense. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:16 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: I hope you are kidding Jakeypoo!

Defense gets tired when there on the field all the time. This is common football knowledge.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:03 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: People really need to learn football; offense had 4 straight 3 and outs in the second half. The Defense forced 4 turnovers(with one being a pick 6) and had 6 sacks today. Offense needed one or two drives to burry the Bucs but couldn't. Lazor should take the majority of the blame today not sure the Defense.

Injuries have really affected the offense, since the Falcons game.

Consistency in the ground game is the main issue. Reliance on the pass game to generate long drives cannot be sustained.

The RB situation needs to get sorted out. Again it's not yardage as a whole, but consistent 4-5 yards to generate long drives.

This defense spends too much time on the field, after only 5 real time minutes break.
Reply/Quote
Our defense looks weak with Austin coaching them. I was pumped about him because of all the talk about how he's aggressive. What a crock. I was took. This guy has a very talented defense playing in reverse. Its really awful and it must stop asap. We're on pace to set club records under him and they are all bad ones.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:25 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Defense gets tired when there on the field all the time. This is common football knowledge.

Do you really believe truthfully in your heart that a "tired defense" is why they are giving up high scores and huge chunks of yardage?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:25 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Defense gets tired when there on the field all the time. This is common football knowledge.

I'm right there with you in placing the KC loss at the feet of the offense; however, not sure I can roll with you on this one. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
After today, I agree. Austin's d NEEDS to luck into bad qb play in order to look good at anything. He had one good year on the lions and that was it for success as a DC - he's been declining ever since because he's been figured out. Those Lions defenses were not good. His defenses here will not be good. Sometimes it's better to fail gracefully and to correct a mistake early rather than to keep staying the course and doubling down. The guy is a position coach at best. Absolutely overmatched. He'll never hang with the elite coaches of this league. Zampese him please.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:54 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Do you really believe truthfully in your heart that a "tired defense" is why they are giving up high scores and huge chunks of yardage?

Part of it yes. I also think not having Vontaz, Dennard, and Vigil out at the same time is hurting the unit as well. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Comments like this are uncalled for. He provided his opinion and provided stats to support his opinion.

What I said was hardly over the top and meant to be light jab.  If someone takes offense to something that benign, then I hate to see how people handle real trauma
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 08:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Browns Town Bengal is a troll who was rooting for Randy to miss the FG in the gameday thread.

Ignore him.  He is just mad because we won.

Hardly a troll...just a fan that doesnt enjoy watching a team completely implode
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:03 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: People really need to learn football; offense had 4 straight 3 and outs in the second half. The Defense forced 4 turnovers(with one being a pick 6) and had  6 sacks today. Offense needed one or two drives to burry the Bucs but couldn't.  Lazor should take the majority of the blame today not sure the Defense.

I'd categorize some of those turnovers as un-forced. Winston is awful. If we need un-forced turnovers to win ball games, how will we ever beat a legit playoff team? Legit teams don't make the kinds of teams the Dolphins and Bucs made against us.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Said it last week, and repeating it this week. Austin needs to be fired TODAY.

There is way too much talent on this defense to be last in the league on that side of the ball.

I understand injuries play a part, but our guys out there just look lost out there and out of position.

They need to simplify and dumb down the class imo.

In the half empty PBS stadium yesterday, I just could not believe what I was seeing, their WRs were so open on busted coverages.

There is no way you almost give up 600 yards AT HOME, and expect to win.

This defense is embarrassing and Austin has to take the fall and send a message.
Reply/Quote